Ill keep it short and sweet....

I think the only thing keeping me on a BB right now and not switching to a dif smart phone is BBM.

Anyone with me on this?

I might upgrade to a 9700 but I really want a better cam/vidcam, bigger and better screen, more internal mem etc.

The 9700 is a possible upgrade but doesnt "wow" me. The slider is cool cause its a touch screen with full keyboard and track pad so i dont have to navigate touch only, but who knows when and for who that will show up.
    05-04-10 11:02 AM
    So, what exactly are you asking?

Go with the Backflip, bigger screen, 5mp autofocus, crappier battery life

What about the iPhone, lower res screen than the Bold, but it's bigger, camera is worse than the Bold, locked down by Apple, but it's got all that internal memory you want, no room for a SD card though, or a removable battery...

Or get the bold, screen may not be bigger than the iPhone or the Backflip, but it's resolution is higher than the iPhone, you have removable memory, and good battery live, plus 3.2mp autofocus camera... take your pick.
    05-04-10 11:13 AM
    I was just wondering if losing bbm was a large factor in going away from a bb for anyone else.

Hate apple and the iphone, not familiar with backflip and i do like the bold.
    05-04-10 11:44 AM
    I was just wondering if losing bbm was a large factor in going away from a bb for anyone else.

Hate apple and the iphone, not familiar with backflip and i do like the bold.
    I do not use BBM at all. Staying with BB because the phone suits my needs (real keyboard and enough apps) to do my business. No interest in Apple or its portable products after the laptop. Not going to use a touch screen no matter who builds the thing.

Staying or going is all about what you want the phone to do. If BBM is big then staying is the only option. Otherwise find the phone you like best whatever that may be.
    05-04-10 12:18 PM
    Elvin - you summed it up perfectly!
    05-04-10 01:21 PM
    I used BBM a lot but I can't say I was suicidal after not having it. Life went on just fine without it
    05-04-10 01:24 PM
    It is missed no question about it and i don't care if people tell you that it is the same as having unlimited text messages. But i do agree with most, you wont' die if you dont have it. If you switch to other smart phones you'll be replacing bbm time with apps time or games. Humas adapt to things very efficiently.
    05-04-10 01:32 PM
    Always choose what works best, who cares if it's a BB, Droid or some other pale imitation phone?

Humas adapt to things very efficiently.
    I learned the hard way that zyclon B falls well outside of this statement. That was a long time ago though.
    05-04-10 01:35 PM
    I don't care about "wow" or "cool".

I want a device that works for me in my situation. I like BBM and I use it, but there are other IM applications, so it's not what is keeping me here.

If you are always wanting "wow" and "cool", you are likely to be disappointed eventually no matter what device you get. And BlackBerry devices are typically not designed with "wow" and "cool" in mind, IMHO.

Get what works for you and don't worry about what others think.
    05-04-10 01:48 PM
    BBM is playing a major role in whether I want to go with another smartphone.
    There are other factors as well, but BBM is one of them.
    05-04-10 08:20 PM

I want a device that works for me in my situation. I like BBM and I use it, but there are other IM applications, so it's not what is keeping me here.

If you are always wanting "wow" and "cool", you are likely to be disappointed eventually no matter what device you get. And BlackBerry devices are typically not designed with "wow" and "cool" in mind, IMHO.

perfectly said MM!
    05-04-10 08:24 PM
    Yep, BBM is a lure and I thought I'd miss it. But really with threaded texting and the ability to split texts (Android), it's really not that different other than you don't get the notification that the other person it typing. BBM is still better but it wasn't enough to be the final straw for me anyway.
    05-04-10 11:35 PM

Perhaps I shouldnt have said "wow". I am not someone who needs the "newest" or "coolest" phone. All I meant was the only real upgrade I'd get out of a Bold would be memory and a better screen really.
    05-05-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD