People would always ask me about KEYone and no one asks me about S10e ...
    Slab vs PKB phone in 2019 - why would anyone ask anything about a S10?!

(owing a S9 - great phone)

Posted from my P'9983
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-27-19 02:14 PM
    Slab vs PKB phone in 2019 - why would anyone ask anything about a S10?!

(owing a S9 - great phone)

Posted from my P'9983
    Exactly.

No matter how good a slab it is, it's going to be viewed as just another piece of glass.
    07-28-19 01:52 AM
    Exactly.

No matter how good a slab it is, it's going to be viewed as just another piece of glass.
    As long as it’s good that’s fine with me.
    No one asks me about my belt or pen either.
    07-28-19 11:02 AM
    Exactly. We've gotten past the hardware and to the point where the CONTENT (the apps and data) are what's important - and it's more-or-less assumed that nearly all phones can access those things.

How often do you get asked about your laptop if you use one out in public? Not often, I'd bet. That doesn't make it a bad laptop, or a bad phone.

I don't need a unique device to get people's attention, but I guess some people want that, regardless of any other compromises they might make to get it.
    07-28-19 12:35 PM
    Exactly. We've gotten past the hardware and to the point where the CONTENT (the apps and data) are what's important - and it's more-or-less assumed that nearly all phones can access those things.

How often do you get asked about your laptop if you use one out in public? Not often, I'd bet. That doesn't make it a bad laptop, or a bad phone.

I don't need a unique device to get people's attention, but I guess some people want that, regardless of any other compromises they might make to get it.
    It's getting hard for slabbers to attract that attention when every slab is almost indistinguishable from one another...
    07-28-19 12:47 PM
    It's getting hard for slabbers to attract that attention when every slab is almost indistinguishable from one another...
    This is true. My blackberry devices stand out compared to the thousands of phablets around and budget smaller sized handheld tablets (referencing the point when the cellular module is blacklisted from being reported lost/stolen). Lol

Submitted via blackberry passport forever on Wi-Fi
    07-28-19 01:33 PM
    This is true. My blackberry devices stand out compared to the thousands of phablets around and budget smaller sized handheld tablets (referencing the point when the cellular module is blacklisted from being reported lost/stolen). Lol

Submitted via blackberry passport forever on Wi-Fi
    Yup any PKB device will attract more attention and questions than even the most expensive slabs.

A similar analogy is that here in South Florida, a Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari that cost $150,000 + won't attract nearly the same amount of attention as a $15,000 60's Mustang (if in good shape)
    07-28-19 04:38 PM
    Yup any PKB device will attract more attention and questions than even the most expensive slabs.

A similar analogy is that here in South Florida, a Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari that cost $150,000 + won't attract nearly the same amount of attention as a $15,000 60's Mustang (if in good shape)
    A ford model T (or other manufacturer equivalent of the time period) would also attract attention. (they're sooooo rare these days)

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    07-28-19 08:57 PM
    A ford model T (or other manufacturer equivalent of the time period) would also attract attention. (they're sooooo rare these days)

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    But nobody actually would try and daily commute in Model T or generational equivalent... Picture Jethro driving in Beverly Hillbillies intro
    07-28-19 10:09 PM
    "Children and fools always speak the truth" (Mark Twain?).
    :-)

My grandson at the age of 5 and half has tried to to put his hands on my Passport. He was more interested in it then in Lenovo 10" tablet which was temporarily "rented" to him.
    And when allowed, he figured out all functions of touch sensitive keyboard very fast. Those kids of new era...

From Wizard QZ-7000 to Passport SE...what a journey
    07-31-19 09:18 AM
35 12