So my T-Mobile contract expires in mid-February and so I have some decisions to make, so I am calling on the wise ones of Crackberry to help me know what to do. Here's what I have so far:

Pearl 8100
    Unlimited data (EDGE)
    400 Text messages
    1000 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends
    about $77 a month

What I want:
    A newer phone that won't set me back too much. I like the Pearl's keyboard, but I wouldn't mind a full keyboard either ( I'm looking at a Tour or better, and I don't really like the Pearl Flip that much)
    3G data service
    I never use all my anytime minutes so 400-500 is plenty
    Unlimited texting would be great. I don't text too much, mostly because I have a limited amount though
    Around $70 a month or less would be great

I was just curious if anyone has heard of any good deals or anything else that would be an incentive for me to switch cell phone companies that would be great. Thanks all!

P.S. I currently live in Utah in case it makes any difference
    08-26-09 05:48 PM
    Tour would work, but price wise you might be better off with Sprint over Verizon, of course Verizon DOES have the better network. You might also want to check out the Driftwood, a 3G BB coming to Tmobile fall/winter.
    08-26-09 05:59 PM
    Any other carriers with good service in your area?
    08-26-09 06:44 PM
    I'm a big fan of US Cellular's plans. Free incoming calls, text's and picture messages, BB data is only $25.
    Here's their problem, they're REDICULOUS about getting new BB's. They just now started to offer the Pearl Flip, and the next newest is the 8330... It's really quite sad. Also, they are currently only running 1X data coverage, however, that is said to change by the end of the year to 1XEV... so here's to hoping... Good Luck!!

I say go with the 8900 and stick with T-Mobile... if your coverage is still good there, why switch, maybe upgrade your text plan which will add a couple bucks, but it's not too bad in the end... Plus who knows what T-Mobile will be adding between now and then, they're usually one of the first to get the new BB's, lucky bastards!
    08-26-09 07:53 PM
    8900 IS a great BB!
    08-26-09 08:30 PM
    Sprint is a great carrier i would go with them...
    08-26-09 08:39 PM
    Sprint has the tour and the everything 450 plan which would fit your needs perfectly...$70/month 450 minites unlimited ?blackberry data, text, gps...as long as they have good service in your area I would suggest them as their plan/phone seems to fit your needs the best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:35 PM
    If you wanted to stay with T-Mo, then you would need to wait for the Driftwood to hit (for 3G access). The 8900 is a great BB, but isn't 3G.

If another carrier has good coverage in your area, then it might be worth looking into them as well. Between the Tour and the Bold (and upcoming Storm 2), there are some good choices. If you can hold out until Q4, you may have some better options with newer phones (like the Storm 2).
    08-27-09 08:53 AM
    Most places I go I have better coverage than my friends. I know one that has TMO and he is to switch over to VZW soon, 10+ that have VZW, 2 Print, and 2 AT&T. I usually always have better coverage than they do. Also my 3G (1XEV)coverage is better with VZW too. I'm not trying to bash any carriers, I just wanted to throw some personal experience with them out there.
    08-27-09 09:11 AM
    You have approx 5 months till your plan is up. I'm sure something will change from now until then. Wait until January to start looking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:13 AM
    guess people above has figured out the most important part..
    good luck.
    08-27-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD