When you tried it, was it free from any anti-theft device?

Like literally just the device itself?

Because for me, the LE is the only one of the three KEY phones that I can type fairly quickly one handed, I also slapped a black gel case on it which adds even more grip, and due to the phone's lightness, it feels very secure in the hand
    I've quantified about a 3-5% wpm improvement on LE over my 2. Not overwhelming but significant. The 2 is a powerhouse, tho. It gets to carry a LOT of apps, etc, that I don't bother my LE with. The shortcut provisions on 2 & LE provide make them superior to K1 in themselves. Imo.

Of course for serious typing, editing and messaging, this primary carry 9900 is still what left hand chooses to grab from desk most often. Downright relaxing. My pulse rate and BP improve! Lol. Can thumb nail trigger oxytocin? Or something?? Lol.

ANYway, back on what's left of topic... Just such a shame for "Corona-V" to coincide with BB's final gasp! Is there an Android patch for that? Lol. Let's see... How many Coronas can we accuse Boon of consuming lately? Hehe...
    the_boon likes this.
    02-19-20 08:12 AM
    If I balance any if those in the ideal typing position without cradling, they will tip forward and fall out of my hand.
    There is one solution for that: phone ring.

Place it in the right spot and you'll be able to hold the phone the way you like without fearing that it will tip over.
    02-19-20 08:17 AM
    There is one solution for that: phone ring.

Place it in the right spot and you'll be able to hold the phone the way you like without fearing that it will tip over.
    I'm sorry. That made me laugh. It's bad enough that I have to use a case because phones are so fragile. Now you want me to add an accessory just to hold it?

I prefer phones that are designed to work in my hands.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-19-20 09:48 AM
    I'm sorry. That made me laugh. It's bad enough that I have to use a case because phones are so fragile. Now you want me to add an accessory just to hold it?

I prefer phones that are designed to work in my hands.

You could add the ring to the phone itself and not use a case.

I'd still recommend using a tempered glass screen protector, as with all glass displays
    02-19-20 10:05 AM
    You could add the ring to the phone itself and not use a case.

I'd still recommend using a tempered glass screen protector, as with all glass displays
    Never used a screen protector in my life.

What's the point of all of this fancy Gorilla Glass and such?

Screen protectors, no matter how well built, just subtract from the responsiveness.
    02-19-20 10:14 AM

Screen protectors, no matter how well built, just subtract from the responsiveness.
    I use a lightweight case for my KEYone to prevent cracks from inevitable drops. I've dropped it half a dozen times over the past two years, with no visible damage.

Like you, I have never used a screen protector on any phone. and carry them in pockets with keys and spare change. I have a few very hard to see micro scratches on my Z10 screen after seven years of abuse, and don't even perceive micro scratches on my 2.5 year-old KEYONE (though, to be fair, it's In my bag more often than it is in my pocket)

I would literally stop carrying a phone before I would use a ring or popper with my phone. I find them ridiculous.

02-19-20 10:41 AM

Well, the only reason I use one is to help resell value. With that guarantee of always having a screen protector on it then you are guaranteed not to have a scratch on the actual screen. Prospective buyers find that alluring. But also I tend to sell my old devices and not hang on to them.
    02-19-20 11:14 AM

I never used a screen protector in the BBOS years but for some reason, started applying them with the Z10 and continued to use them for all BB10 devices. Then with the KEYone, I stopped using them and haven't used them for any BBMo device (or any other phone since 2017).

My Google Pixel 3 is the absolute worst when it comes to scratches. It's not even my daily driver and I only use it for the camera like once a month. Yet it has *the* most scratched up screen of all my phones.
    02-19-20 11:16 AM
    Well, the only reason I use one is to help resell value. With that guarantee of always having a screen protector on it then you are guaranteed not to have a scratch on the actual screen. Prospective buyers find that alluring. But also I tend to sell my old devices and not hang on to them.
    I keep phones until they are fully depreciated, then sell them for lunch money on eBay or Craigslist. Or I keep them forever. I still have a Palm Treo with a working battery from the early 00s.

02-19-20 11:28 AM
    I keep phones until they are fully depreciated, then sell them for lunch money on eBay or Craigslist. Or I keep them forever. I still have a Palm Treo with a working battery from the early 00s.

Exactly, your mileage may vary on this. If you want it to be your device forever then yeah I wouldn't use a screen protector. I usually roll the money from selling my current device into whatever is the next device that I purchase. So I'm always concerned with resell value. So, every single one of my devices immediately gets a glass screen protector and case right out of the box (I get maybe 5 minutes to appreciate the device totally naked).
    02-19-20 11:34 AM
    Exactly, your mileage may vary on this. If you want it to be your device forever then yeah I wouldn't use a screen protector. I usually roll the money from selling my current device into whatever is the next device that I purchase. So I'm always concerned with resell value. So, every single one of my devices immediately gets a glass screen protector and case right out of the box (I get maybe 5 minutes to appreciate the device totally naked).
    That makes economic sense. I don't like the idea of anyone else ever using my phone after me, as the MAC address is linked to my name in too many systems. Recently, a guy was arrested for a murder he didn't commit due to an old phone of his being carried by someone else. It was shoddy police work, as he had an alibi, and he was released, but he lost his job, and his arrest record and mugshot for murder will haunt him forever.

02-19-20 11:39 AM
    That makes economic sense. I don't like the idea of anyone else ever using my phone after me, as the MAC address is linked to my name in too many systems. Recently, a guy was arrested for a murder he didn't commit due to an old phone of his being carried by someone else. It was shoddy police work, as he had an alibi, and he was released, but he lost his job, and his arrest record and mugshot for murder will haunt him forever.

Time to shut down the CB Marketplace!!!
    02-19-20 11:44 AM
    Time to shut down the CB Marketplace!!!
    Definitely a den of thieves and murderers!

02-19-20 11:45 AM

Whoa!!! I never considered that. Time to start spoofing my MAC address lol.
    02-19-20 11:47 AM
    As far as I understand pretty much everybody will be in town for the event anyway or the big one is cancelled there was still a lot of sideshows going on. Most of them have not been cancelled.
    02-19-20 12:27 PM
    As far as I understand pretty much everybody will be in town for the event anyway or the big one is cancelled there was still a lot of sideshows going on. Most of them have not been cancelled.
    What sideshows? The event was cancelled so I don't think there will be anyone at the convention center in Barcelona.
    02-19-20 12:48 PM

The KEY2 and LE use GG3, which isn't exactly gonna be as drop-resistant as GG6.

If it's glass, then it needs a tempered glass protector.

I never had sensitivity issues with the fully clear ones.

The ones that have the black contours are terrible though, they add a ton of glare and reduce sensitivity.
    02-19-20 04:31 PM

The ones that have the black contours are terrible though, they add a ton of glare and reduce sensitivity.
    Haven't had a case or screen protector on any phone I've ever owned, so I disagree with your "it needs" statement.
    John Albert likes this.
    02-19-20 05:03 PM
    Haven't had a case or screen protector on any phone I've ever owned, so I disagree with your "it needs" statement.
    Not everyone has all the CrackBerry income you do though ....
    02-19-20 05:09 PM
    Not everyone has all the CrackBerry income you do though ....
    That's true. Nor do they enjoy the new device every month perk.
    02-19-20 05:12 PM
    Well if you consider new being another Key2 each month just having a newer build date with the better spacebar...

I’ll always prefer a new XR or 11 in the different colors on the quarterly system from iMore personally...

Either way the OG security protection is amazing on any device
    02-19-20 05:38 PM

Either way the OG security protection is amazing on any device
    I also use it to smite my enemies.
    Last edited by conite; 02-19-20 at 06:06 PM.
    02-19-20 05:40 PM
    I also use it to spite my enemies.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend until they’re not
    02-19-20 05:43 PM
    I figured you just threw it away at the end of the month and fired up a new one.
    02-19-20 06:50 PM

Why does any phone "need" a tempered glass protector? If it does, it should have come with one from the manufacturer! I throw my phones around without any protection into pockets and bags with keys, spare change, and whatever my kids give me to hold onto. In 7 years of doing that I can't see any scratches on Z10 unless I really look for them. Surely my Z10 doesn't have better glass than newer phones!

You seem to enjoy decking out your phones with rings and protectors and stuff. I'm glad you enjoy that, but I find mine work fine without all the accessories.

02-19-20 07:26 PM
236 ... 78910