It does not work on the Storm because, as has been stated numerous
    times in this and other threads, that it and no other shutter silencing
    apps works on a CDMA phone.
    Well I have seen post on here where members stated that it works....I never said it does!! Bought it for other bb's tried all types of apps on my first storm totally fried the OS now I m on my second storm testing out apps once again....where there is a BETA I m testing!!
    02-12-09 04:26 PM
    Well I have seen post on here where members stated that it works....I never said it does!! Bought it for other bb's tried all types of apps on my first storm totally fried the OS now I m on my second storm testing out apps once again....where there is a BETA I m testing!!
    Wow! Fried the OS! That had to suck.

From Peek-a-Boo webiste:

Caveats:
    - Silencer might not work on 8x30 devices.

From BerryAnnoying:

Note: BerryAnnoying will most likely not work on CDMA devices (xx30 models).

What are you Beta testing?
    02-12-09 04:37 PM

What are you Beta testing?
    And, whatever if it is... if it will shut off the camera sound on my 8330, I'll pay you ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

Prolly not, but I would be really grateful.
    02-12-09 08:13 PM
    There are some (not all) situation where it is just annoying for other ppl when the shutter sound is on. In those situations I would like to disable the sound; not to take fotos of some women!
    I totally respect that law and would find it very rude if someone would take a pic of me.
    but HOW can I as the software distributer of this app know if someone ab-uses it?

I can't pop up a dialog and write "Hello there, please don't disable the shuttersound if you want to take a pic of the women next to you!"

So yeah patrick, I think I won't release it because I don't know what ppl are gonna do with it. (eventhough I trust you all!)

-> But to be honest: I would so badly like to contribute this free app to the Blackberry Community!

Sorry folks;
    -Fabian
    I can't believe people are still scared of though's really crappy resolution pictures. I saw 2,3 pictures and thought wow you really have to be desperate to want more of them. My whole feeling on this small app who ever wrote is he really didn't. Yeah, I'd hate to make a few 100 grand too. Please it's not illegal to write an app or sell it, it's what you'd use it for other wise they'd just stop selling cameras, computers web cams. I found away around it and it's been posted too, just call your voice mail. You don't even need a bluetooth.
    04-24-09 04:25 PM
    Don't know if this has already been posted? But i have an Application called "Peek-A-Boo"

OTA LINK HERE: berry**coder.**com (remove stars, i haven't posted enough to post links apparently :P)

It says that it takes 4 pictures in a row, but it's never done so for me. I have a bb 8320 and have set this app to my right soft key instead of the camera, and a screen pops up that says application terminated, I clicked on "ok" and continue to take pictures with a very low volumed shutter tone.

So if you don't mind the annoying pop up, this is probably the best way to go
    04-24-09 05:52 PM
    I mute my camera shutter, so I can take pics of myself. Do not judge me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 06:21 PM
    I didn't read the whole thread, but my old camera phone didn't make any sound when I took a picture. Guess I should have been more devious when I had the chance!
    05-22-09 03:16 PM
    I didn't read the whole thread, but my old camera phone didn't make any sound when I took a picture. Guess I should have been more devious when I had the chance!
    lol.

One thing we have to remember is that RIM is a Canadian company, and Canada is an extremely conservative country. Had the BlackBerry been built by a Japanese company - or anywhere other than Canada - we would not have an annoying camera shutter, and the other conservatives wouldn't be using this issue as a reason to question our character.
    05-22-09 03:27 PM
    Something along the lines of silent shutter would have been helpful the other day. Guy rear ended my vehicle, and acted like he was going to run. So I pulled out my BlackBerry, pretended to be making a call, and took a pictue of his plate with him in the frame. He cussed me out for it, but he knew he wasn't going anywhere at that point! Cops came, issued him his ticket and his insurance paid for the repairs to my vehicle.

Would have been nice to get that photo without him knowing though!
    05-22-09 04:08 PM
    I really wish BBA would have released his app.....
    05-22-09 05:50 PM
    call your voicemail then open up the camera well it will work on any call but you don't have to talk to the voicemail lol
    I laughed out loud
    05-22-09 05:59 PM
    I really wish BBA would have released his app.....

Did it work with CDMA phones?

I beta tested BerryAnnoying -- didn't work on CDMA; although, the developer really tried.
    05-22-09 08:43 PM
    Hello,
    is there any way to mute the camera shutter?
    Thanx,
    -Fabian
    There is an application it calls BerryAnnoying. It does just that. Mute the camera shutter. I have it.
    05-22-09 09:37 PM
    OOoooooOOooo...could you send me a copy of that app...please...please...pretty please....
    05-27-09 03:07 PM
    That sounds cool but it doesn't bother me until I'm tryna take pics of people I don't know doin stupid stuff lol

05-27-09 04:14 PM
    OOoooooOOooo...could you send me a copy of that app...please...please...pretty please....
    BerryAnnoying - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

U can get it here. It's not free tho but its worth the price.
    05-27-09 08:53 PM
    Calling voicemail & stuff doesn't mute the shutter sound, it just lowers the volume & makes the sound come out of the handset & not the speaker.

This thread and the OP are quite funny TBO. It seems there's a question of "morality" and "legality" in releasing an app to mute the camera shutter sound on a Blackberry, when it has been repeated over and over again that this ability ALREADY EXISTS!

We ALL know calling 611 or your voicemail (or any number really) mutes the shutter sound. So what's the problem with releasing an app that just makes something ALREADY POSSIBLE more convenient?
    05-30-09 01:07 PM
    Hello all.

I have gone ahead and written an application which will mute the shutter sound. Well, to be fair, due to a technical limitation on the device it is technically still able to be heard if you lock yourself in a soundproof room and hold your breath, but hey it's pretty close!

I would like to beta test this on a few different devices. Please PM me your device and OS version if you are interested.

-Z
    Just wondering if you ever came out with this app to fix the shutter sound? I know its an old post but figured by now someone found a working solution... thanks
    06-02-09 05:42 PM
    Everything that can be said on this issue has been.
    06-02-09 05:51 PM
219 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD