I am a BB newbie. I just got a Curve 8330 and I LOVE it. What are come must have apps and web sites? What are some must have accessories?

I have already added my micro SD with music and pics! This is such a fun toy! I am loving it! Any other advice?

TIA!!
    03-29-09 09:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:13 AM
    Welcome to CB!

The next thing you'll need is a skin or case to protect your BB. Some like it bare so you should at least get a screen protector.

Here's a few applications that I use:

Free OTA Apps
    Google Mobile App. Google mobile dashboard
    FreeRange Better than Viigo
    Yahoo! Go Yahoo! mobile dashboad
    CrackBerry Launcher Launch the CB wap version with one click
    Superpages Mobile Another good dashboard
    Opera Mini The "other" mobile browser
    Pocket Express Handmark's dashboard
    BibleReader (BB beta) BB bible reader (bibles on the media card)
    WeatherEye Push weather application
    Boopsie A search engine...kind of
    Plusmo Widget app
    BBLight Manage your backlight
    Free (via PC)
    Box.net Online storage (PC and BB)
    MaraTick A great checklist (search the site)
    Ascendo DataVault Best eWallet app for the BB (IMO) (NOT FREE)
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 03-29-09 at 09:16 AM.
    03-29-09 09:14 AM
    Well first I would suggest going to m.crackerry.com from your device and getting the crackberry launcher.
    03-29-09 09:14 AM
    It depends what you want to do really. One of my "best apps" is Pandora, but if you don't like music, you won't care about it. There is a great app called Trapster that will alert you, and allow you to alert others of police speed traps, but if you don't drive, you won't care about that either. Is there a specific thing you want to be able to do?

Same with accessories. Someone might say the best case is a Seido. I, personally, can't stand cases so that info wouldn't be relevant.

Best advice is to read around as much of the forums as you can and see what others are talking about.

I will however give a little plug for one of my accessories Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page there's pics in my signature if you want to see. It's just a clear skin protector for the BB.

Welcome to the crack, hope to see you around the forums.

Also, be sure to update your profile cause it says you're "not a bb/smartphone user".
    03-29-09 09:16 AM
    A Best Skin Ever

03-29-09 09:16 AM
    Go over to seidioonline.com and pick yourself up a skin and holster combo.

03-29-09 09:17 AM
    I can't stand the BB calendar. I would be lost without my PIBB - Pocket Informant. Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant BlackBerry

It does have a free trial, but in my opinion it is the best app I have purchased. Alex - the CEO - is awesome and listens to suggestions to make this an ever better program. I could never sync my outlook to my BB. Just never worked. With the latest PIBB build I don't have to. I sync PIBB directly to outlook with desk manager.

03-29-09 09:26 AM
    I can't stand the BB calendar. I would be lost without my PIBB - Pocket Informant. Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant BlackBerry

It does have a free trial, but in my opinion it is the best app I have purchased. Alex - the CEO - is awesome and listens to suggestions to make this an ever better program. I could never sync my outlook to my BB. Just never worked. With the latest PIBB build I don't have to. I sync PIBB directly to outlook with desk manager.

See--this is what I meant about being a personal opinion related to your own usage. I syncmy calendar OTA so the issue of syncing with Outlook doesn't mean anything to me. Though I'm stoked vndlewis found a viable solution to her problem.

OP, I'd first decide what you want to be able to do and then find out "what's the best app for _____________" and we can better give you directions
    03-29-09 09:29 AM
    Oh, you're gonna have so many options and choices to make!

The links above will take you many interesting places. Another thing to look at for entertainment is on of the radio apps, like iheartradio, or Slacker, moodio, just to name a few.

Don't worry about trying everything at once, you will find that you can add or delete things at will.

For ringtones (free) you can choose Crackberry, Myxer, phonezoo, tuneusin, or my favorite, Zedge.net, with over 200k ringers available for download.

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, cool screen name, BTW, and have somw more fun!

03-29-09 09:31 AM
    Sultan - I even tried googlesync and it also NEVER worked.

03-29-09 09:44 AM
    I would probably add Instango to the list, a free IM app. It does MSN, Yahoo and all the other major IM platforms. An alternative is Nimbuzz which does the same thing but adds SkypeOut via their local number.

Also visit the Crackberry mobile site (m.crackberry.com). It connects you to the forum, app store and a great directory of mobile sites.

03-29-09 10:08 AM
    Thanks so very much! I am having a great time with a new toy. My husband thinks I am nuts! I love new technology and as a teacher, like to set an example of life long learning. I look forward to reading more replys and learning more about my new play thing....um...I mean communication device!
    03-29-09 10:44 AM
    Oh...and thanks to the PP for the compliment about my user name. As a mom of 5...it fits! I am the leader of the pack!
    03-29-09 10:45 AM
    I love my Ascendo Money app for managing financial accounts The best money manager I've ever used on the BlackBerry. If you love instant messaging, consider BeeJive. I also like Live Search.

03-29-09 10:48 AM
    Welcome to crackberry BigDogMom! Check out slacker for live streaming audio on your blackberry...free too!

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    You might like PIBB if you are a mom of 5. Everyone in your family can be assigned a color. You can look at your calendar and know in a glance who has what activity and when.

im always looking at entertainment news so the E! Online launcher is a must have
    03-29-09 01:34 PM
    Any Google mobile app!

03-29-09 01:40 PM
    Thank you all so very much! I already downloaded the CB app and am looking at slacker radio! AWESOME!

I also did google calender. I use outlook for work and can upload outlook to google and then to the BB. All in one place but separate if needed! working well thus far.

Thanks again! You all are the BEST!
    BDM
    03-29-09 01:58 PM
    You're very welcome!

03-29-09 02:47 PM
    This is so fun!

03-29-09 02:51 PM
    I seem to have trouble getting the direct sync to Outlook working on my BB Storm 2. I have PI set up in addins and if I check "Run Add-in Actions" along with "Synchronize Organizer Data" I get a Fatal error message and no sync occurs. If I uncheck the "Synchronize Organizer Data" I get a error stating that it can not work with the BB database and to load the most recent version, which I have 2.0. If I just check "Synchronize Organizer Data" I get both the BB and PI calendars to update from a sync. PI sync options are set up to "Full Sync". Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    12-08-09 04:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f9/area...ta-link-83984/
    there is a zip file for Berryacode here love that app!!!! city-state caller id
    12-08-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD