I have a bluetooth that i am happy with--but is there a way to hear the music on my curve thru my earpiece?? I know it will be only one ear--but that is what I want. Thanks for any help
    02-10-09 07:22 PM
    I'm dealing with the same thing. The headset has to support a specific bluetooth "profile" to support streaming the audio (A2DP). Not all headsets support it; in fact most don't. I'm looking at Plantronics Voyager 855:

h t t p :/ / w w w .plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/voyager-855

It supports the correct profiles plus it has a detachable second earbud...kinda cool. I posted about it here with questions on compatibility and quality but haven't heard anything yet.
    02-12-09 01:09 PM
    I have the Voyager 855. I've had it for about 3 weeks, only had the phone for a month. I like it so far. I use it in the car on my way to and from work. I like that it also has the voice dialing and it supports avrcp, I think that's what it's called, so that you can use the buttons to also fast forward/rewind to the next song. I've also used it in the house since I shut off my landline after getting the bb. I've made numerous calls both in the house and in the car and never had a problem hearing anyone. I've asked some of the people I've spoken to if they can hear me ok and they said it sounds fine. One person said it sounded different than a regular cell phone but he had no trouble understanding me. I think it's pretty comfortable too. The earpiece on the headset that came with the phone was too large for my ear and I like this style earpiece better too. The music quality is not as good as wired headphones but I think that a lot of the headsets are like that. For the purpose of listening to music and being able to easily answer a call, I think it works well.
    Last edited by chele519; 02-13-09 at 11:09 AM.
    02-13-09 11:05 AM
    i have the curve 8330, and am have the asame problem. i have a stereo bluetooth headset, though. when it is paired, it will work for calls, and the volume, next, back, pause, and play buttons all work, but no sound is coming through. i can call people and everything, but no sound is coming into the earbuds.

any help?? thanks.

btw, the bluetooth is a jabra bt320s.
    02-15-09 09:42 AM
    I think in Media Player, you can press the Menu button and then there is an option to connect to various playback devices.

In general, for Bluetooth to work, the headphones have to a2dp protocol for music
    02-15-09 03:07 PM
    wtf? my bluetooth worked for everthing audio on my previous phone with mp3 player but wont do the same as my smartphone bb? how smart is it? this hurts my crack berry pride!
    02-19-09 09:52 PM
    heeeyy what happened here recently, I have a plantronics 510 earpiece which I been using with my 8350i to play all my audio applications. Today it now only works with phone and none of my media apps., was there some sort of OTA upgrade or something? there's no longer an option to select "activate bluetooth" from the menu while in the media mode.
    02-25-09 04:35 PM
    I had the same problem.

By accident i found that the beta app called Podtrapper allows you to play podcasts or any audio file via your BT earpiece. Min BT is Blackberry 655 and it works fine.

The app is a beta and a bit clunky but its worth $10 just for this feature.
    03-06-09 06:53 PM
    I had the same problem.

By accident i found that the beta app called Podtrapper allows you to play podcasts or any audio file via your BT earpiece. Min BT is Blackberry 655 and it works fine.

The app is a beta and a bit clunky but its worth $10 just for this feature.
    I also was not able to find a way to direct media to my Bluetooth (Plantronics Voyager Pro) using the built-in media player. However, it works great with PodTrapper. I use it for podcasts and audio books.
    09-14-09 11:42 AM
    There is a small app mentioned in this BT forum btplay, I believe that allows "stereo" music to play through standard bt headset (non-stereo). It only works with music and is its own player.
    09-15-09 10:50 PM
    There are apps which support streaming music through B/T headsets. Nobex radio is one, for example, which I'm using and allows music to be piped through to the headset. Quality isn't great, but it works.
    09-15-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD