I've been a BlackBerry user for 2-3 years now, but I've never really spent the time to figure out how to fully use and organize my music. As such, I basically just shuffle my music every time I want to listen to it. I just went through and updated my music by downloading 50 new songs, or so, and now I want to make that its own playlist.

What's the best way to do that? I've never really liked or spent the time to figure out itunes. I'd prefer something where I can just like drag and drop the songs into a folder and have the blackberry music player recognize it. Anyway, so simplicity is key for me lol

Any advice on what program, how to, and/or where to d/l it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and my device is a Torch. Oh and I'm also going to list my used 9700 on ebay today if anybody's interested.

Thanks again!
    ~Alex.
    12-17-10 03:18 PM
    Music --> Playlists --> New playlist (in the media folder, in music).

You should also check out the wifi sync feature if you haven't already.
    12-17-10 04:07 PM
    Music --> Playlists --> New playlist (in the media folder, in music).

You should also check out the wifi sync feature if you haven't already.
    Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like I would have to add the music to the phone, create a new playlist, then search through 400 songs to find the 50 new songs to individually add them into the new playlist. Is that correct?

Gotta be a better way, no?
    12-17-10 04:14 PM
    Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like I would have to add the music to the phone, create a new playlist, then search through 400 songs to find the 50 new songs to individually add them into the new playlist. Is that correct?

Until you start to use iTunes or Windows Media Player to organize music into playlists that you can transfer to your BB, I'm afraid the Find-And-Add method seems to be the only Playlist creation method available.
    12-17-10 05:45 PM

BTW and FYI, I just discovered today that there's one other way to create a playlist that's faster and easier but doesn't allow choosing individual songs. By choosing to create an Automatic Playlist you can then pick broad categories (Artists, Albums or Genres) that then allows you to pick an entire subcategory to add to the Playlist. For example, if you maybe an Auto Playlist based on the Artist drop-down menu then you can pick a variety of artists very easily, but ALL of the songs from that artists(s) will be added to the Playlist.

It's still not a simple way to make a playlist of individual songs, but maybe it'll help you somehow.
    12-21-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD