OK the FAQ does NOT work. I have a 8830. Simply question how do you download music on a cd in your computer to your BB? I did the drag and drop, no go. Says can not access file. It said it converted file when it wrote it. Do I have to convert the CD to MP3? The FAQ link to do this does NOT work, please don't link it again. A search of media card, music download, etc does NOT work at FAQ. I am assuming it is down.

I have a 4 gig card and want to load it up with music, but can not get it on the card. SIMPLE directions would be very helpful. There is NOTHING in the 8830 instruction book.

Thanks in advance.
    Ivanhead
    03-13-08 09:40 AM
    Yes, convert it to mp3.

The link instructions do work, the linked site is just down temporarily.
    03-13-08 09:44 AM
    You can't drag straight off the cd to your card, the cd needs to be ripped first and the songs saved as mp3's or whatever format you want.
    Then you can open the memory card, reading the phone as a mass storage device, navigate to the music folder, open, drag and drop. Also before you start, make sure you format the card in your BB. Prevents problems down the road..
    03-13-08 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I will convert to MP3. I guess that is the best format. If not, please tell me what you would convert it to.

I thought the cards came formatted? FAQ still down. In fact, I have NEVER seen it up. You would think that they could post a note, sorry site down or sorry our search engine doesn't work. Just a thought.
    03-13-08 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I will convert to MP3. I guess that is the best format. If not, please tell me what you would convert it to.

I thought the cards came formatted? FAQ still down. In fact, I have NEVER seen it up. You would think that they could post a note, sorry site down or sorry our search engine doesn't work. Just a thought.

Most cards come formatted, however, format the card with your phone. This adds the basic folders (music, pics, videos, ringtones). Then you know the fat 32 is on the card and there is a preset folder to drop your newly ripped music to.

I like to do all my music as an mp3, there are other formats that are smaller (wma) and others that are a little higher quality, but mp3's are the most common and I know the song will play on any of the stuff I put it on.
    03-13-08 01:41 PM
    In fact, I have NEVER seen it up. You would think that they could post a note, sorry site down or sorry our search engine doesn't work. Just a thought.
    I am not sure what site you are speaking of, you don't specifically say, but if you are speaking of "blackberryfaq.com" it has been down for about 36 hours now, due to technical server issues. If you have never seen it up, that would mean you have never looked earlier yesterday morning.
    03-13-08 01:48 PM
    I second what jsanders said. I am a frequent visitor of the site.
    03-13-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD