how loud is the music on bb, i heard it was alot lower then the iphone? do i need to buy a 2nd music player?
    10-03-09 08:48 PM
    Its pretty loud, but dont know the quality. Alot of people get an ipod for music, but it just depends on if you want high quality or dont care. You can buy my ipod touch though.
    10-03-09 09:00 PM
    thats what i plan on doing. ima put some music on my bb, and if i dont like it. then ima get the touch
    10-03-09 09:04 PM
    Thats your best bet...
    10-03-09 09:08 PM
    its ok I mean it aint a boom box or aything like that but its pretty loud. It is however lower than the iphone by a long shot on certain things. Youtube is one of those things
    10-03-09 09:13 PM
    Definitely go for a second dedicated player. The sound from the
    BlackBerry is loud. It is also stunningly atrocious.
    10-03-09 09:21 PM
    I think it all depends on what file format and Quality you are listening too. Also depends on the headphones you use. I even use a 3.5 male mic jak to a Pair comspite males and play music through my home player. So I think there is no need for a second player.

Unless you are an audipo junkie and wich you shouldn't have any portable device to play your top notch audio.

But for jogging, biking, the gym, or just sitting and listen to music. BB is fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 06:01 AM
    i find the music player to be loud AND good quality. i suggest getting a better set of headphones for music. The ones that come with your BlackBerry are good for calls, but the sound isn't great for music.

i have a set that i bought here on CrackBerry that block outside noise. The volume and sound quality is really great. Most of my music is ripped from my CDs, with a few from limewire.

It's really convenient having your music right on your phone at all times. i only have a 2 GB card and have about 530 songs. That, with Slacker is more than enough music to keep me entertained.

BlackBerry Stereo Headset with Noise-Isolating Ear Gels (3.5mm) for Tour 9630 - ShopCrackBerry

10-04-09 06:07 AM
    I carry only one device (Storm). It will play music through the speaker well. But the quality is much better through a set of headphones. I use my BlackBerry and a set of bt headphones to listen to music (16gig mSD card)for at least 1 hour a day. More on weekends.

You only need a BlackBerry. Assuming its a 8900/9xxx series.
    10-04-09 06:27 AM
    yeah i got the 8900. so ima be good.
    10-04-09 11:06 AM
    Depends on the earphones, music might be a bit to low, you might need some in-ear. Thou the quality is on par with ipods ect, It all depends on the format tbh.

If you want a proper music player, dont buy an Ipod as its same league as at least Bold, get something to play Flac.
    10-04-09 11:20 AM
    Music is only as good as your speakers. I have martin logan and klipsch at home so I find all handheld device speakers intolerable. However, an investment in good headphones improves it dramatically.

10-04-09 01:59 PM
    I think the music playing from my bb is just fine. The quality is good enough for me. I'm playing Pandora with it right now

10-04-09 02:06 PM
    I use Slacker Radio (free) on my Tour and it sounds great both on my bluetooth headset and on my car stereo (bluetooth too)

Mind you I'm no sound snob so it only takes clear reliable sound to please me. If you're looking for high quality sound tho it may not work for you
    10-15-09 10:17 PM
    i use the storm for my music, the volume seems perfect to me. i ust a pair of shure ear buds, but the ear buds it came with were fine too. i've heard that the iphone has a very low phone volume. so based on that i'd say an ipod or itouch would be a better direction to go, if this is an issue for you.
    10-15-09 10:59 PM
    It doesn't get as loud as an ipod would. I keep songs on my blackberry just in case, but I do have a shuffle for running/working it because the blackberrys volume just doesn't get as loud. But once the battery on that dies out, its good to know I have my blackberry to back me up

10-15-09 11:02 PM
    Revisiting my previous comment in this thread.

I still think a dedicated palyer, of any kind would be better,
    having moved from a 8100 to the 8310 to the Bold and now the
    8900, I do find the sound quality from the 8900 vastly superior
    to the 3 previous phones I had.

Will that make me give up my 32gb iPhone 3GS or 32 GB
    SansaView. Not in a million years. But it's nice to know the
    quality is getting better.
    10-15-09 11:12 PM
    It all depends on the ear-buds you use and the quality of the file in use. Mine is definitely on par with my iPod and in some cases even louder than the iPod.

I know I'm damaging my eardrums because after taking the buds out of my ears my hearing is muffled and my ear-buds are a little bloody. That's the price you pay for loud music, but like a crackhead needs a rock, I gotta have my loud fix. I love how it sounds in my car's system too. I haven't played a cd or the radio since I've had the Tour.

The next time I go to my brother's I'll compare his iPhone to my Tour. He copied some songs from my laptop to his phone so I can compare the exact same files on both phones.

The one thing I would really like to see is a customizable equalizer rather than the unimpressive preset settings they call an equalizer...what a tease. In fact, does anyone know of an equalizer app?

BTW...j/k about the bloody ear-buds, but it really doesn't need to be any louder than what it already is. When you are copying music to the SIM card from your pc just select "Copy with no conversion". It will take up more space on the card, but at least you'll have louder MP3s to listen to.

Oh and think about taking up a sign language class...might come in handy for us later.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-16-09 at 12:15 AM.
    10-16-09 12:12 AM
    Revisiting my previous comment in this thread.

I still think a dedicated palyer, of any kind would be better,
    having moved from a 8100 to the 8310 to the Bold and now the
    8900, I do find the sound quality from the 8900 vastly superior
    to the 3 previous phones I had.

Will that make me give up my 32gb iPhone 3GS or 32 GB
    SansaView. Not in a million years. But it's nice to know the
    quality is getting better.
    After seeing this comment it occurred to me that the models could differ in sound output and quality, I'm glad you said that. It's still an interesting thread though and I want to compare the Tour to the iPhone.
    10-16-09 12:21 AM
    damn.. my sound doesn't work on my bb =(. how much does it cost to fix a volume issue?
    10-16-09 12:45 AM
    damn.. my sound doesn't work on my bb =(. how much does it cost to fix a volume issue?
    Did you tap the mute button on the top of the device?

I saw your name and couldn't resist...my bad...hehe.
    10-16-09 01:10 AM
    My Bold works fine so far for listening to music. Looks a little funny though, plugged into the Grado SR-80's I use
    10-16-09 01:51 AM
    Best media player in my opinion
    10-18-09 03:41 PM
    I'm looking forward to listening to my Curve 8330 (once I get it). I put my Creative Zen in the wash over the summer...2gb version and only about half full (with music for both me and my wife) so the 1gb card should be fine for my twit podcasts.

Also I have a set of sound cancelling/amplifying Philips earbuds that I got for the Zen, if I'll need them for the BB.
    10-18-09 06:18 PM
    For me the BB does a good job, I listen to my music and Slacker radio. I use a good set of headphones that makes it all sound good.
    10-19-09 01:12 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD