I use a MAC, so have VERY little assistance from RIM - there's only the single PocketMac program that doesn't have a media/photo loader.

So I've converted some of my music to MP3's and dropped them into the Music Folder on the 8830. They are there, they all play, but they appear in alpha sort order, so all the music is all over the place - part 2 of the Symphony is nowhere near Part 1. I can't get in Album details, artist, playlists or anything other than the name.

This is a Mickey Mouse approach to Media - I had expected way better from RIM. I can get better file control from a $10 MP3 player, let alone what is supposed to be a serious company.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way - there must be a way - to properly load media from a MAC and have it feed details to the 8830

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

A VERY frustrated 8830 user!

Walt
    03-30-08 10:42 PM
    Theirs either no meta data on the files for you to view other then the name of the file (meaning the mp3 will need to be "tagged" with an IDV3 program ie...iTunes), or you just simply need to full the battery out of your phone.
    03-30-08 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD