Multi tab Web browsing rocks with multitasking. You can switch from Page to page while pages load in the background.
    For example.
    09-04-12 09:22 PM
    Multi tab Web browsing rocks with multitasking. You can switch from Page to page while pages load in the background.
    For example.
    Yes it does, and currently every major mobile OS is already capable of this.
    09-04-12 09:33 PM
    The swipe gestures are hard to beat. I have mistakenly tried to close apps on ipad with the finger swipe, and also tried the 4 finger swipe on ipad and I think it's ridiculous.
    The swipe gestures are very hard to beat, along with the web browsing. I gave my ipad away caus' I just never used it. When I did use it it frustrated to no end.
    09-04-12 09:47 PM
    Yes it does, and currently every major mobile OS is already capable of this.
    Yes, there is confusion here between qnx and various aspects of the ui. "multitasking" is not unique to qnx -- hardly. But the architecture of qnx is fundamentally different than that seen in iOS and Android. The latter two employ cooperative multitasking, just like a desktop. QNX, being an RTOS, executes code only when an event signals it is time for the code to be executed. Once handled, the thread goes back to sleep and the cpu can be put into a low power mode. See http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...bPJ-fw3QPtGRyg[
    09-04-12 10:39 PM
    I'm glad that it won't drain the battery. But what is the difference for the user between BB10 en iOS? Because for how I understand it is just the swipe versus the dubble click.

I was more hoping things like on the playbook, opening multiple mails at once, that's a real important deal for me!
    There are many advantages in the BB10 system. Starting with the basic choice given to the users on how apps should perform in the background. If they should continue running or paused. It's YOUR choice. Which is great.

Many other stuff like a thread put up earlier, you can record an HD video and simultaneously play your music. The music that's played will get recorded over the video, so when you're with friends or make silent videos, it's a great feature.

E-mails have drafts and open as tabs for multiple email editing..

The browser runs in the background, so if you have online radio or a audio stream going on, you can continue other work..

More and more things will be implemented.. and streamlined.. The way I see it.. The Unified inbox (messages app) on BB10 will be like an always open app that just runs itself in the background so it's always available to you at a flick from anywhere on the phone.. Battery won't get affected.. I believe slowly they will try to implement this on many apps.. So you won't have that need of running or closing an application..

Much like the application runs when you want it to.. just remains paused when you don't want it..
    09-05-12 02:41 AM
    Did you read any of this thread? There's no need at all to push the home button on the iPad to switch apps.
    So what's really the need of a home button?
    09-05-12 02:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD