Before upgrading to OS 4.7.0.1478 for the 9350 Storm, I was able to have the MultiTap keyboard when typing a message but have the Suretype (predictive mode) activated.

Is there a way to do this on the new OS? Did RIM change something? I am used to the MultiTap keyboard and worked easier that way when predicting words.

Please help, I really want this.....

Thanks for you time.
    06-04-09 10:29 AM
    Before upgrading to OS 4.7.0.1478 for the 9350 Storm, I was able to have the MultiTap keyboard when typing a message but have the Suretype (predictive mode) activated.

Is there a way to do this on the new OS? Did RIM change something? I am used to the MultiTap keyboard and worked easier that way when predicting words.

Please help, I really want this.....

Thanks for you time.
    Wow... that's one heck of an OS build you got there. Can't wait for that to leak.

Search the forums for a post about T9 on the Storm. It should help with your dilemma. The post is type old.
    06-04-09 10:59 AM
    Did you trying going to Options> Spell Check> and then Check auto-correction? If not have check that and give it a try. I would try a battery pull after that, because that might be a small glitch.

A bug in the .75 OS was the the MultiTap keyboard being just that, a repeated type entry. To get the last letter on a button you had to press the key three times. Rumor has it that in the new official that bug was going to be removed so the MultiTap would work similarly to T9word on "dumbphones"
    06-04-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD