I was thinking of putting my music and videos on multiple Micro SD cards kinda like a CD collection by genre. But I am wondering if the Micro SD cards are also used for application space to which it might be better to get one large 8 Gig or 16 Gig Micro SD.

Final consideration is the battery life and whether it's wise to keep media playing to a minimum on a Blackberry like the Bold. A little but not a lot is the best advice?
    12-16-08 01:04 PM
    Apps go on your phone memory as well as themes. Get whatever you feel you need for the amount of music you listen too. I have the 16 as a just in case.

I haven't really tracked the music listening and battery on mine.
    12-16-08 01:18 PM
    I was thinking of putting my music and videos on multiple Micro SD cards kinda like a CD collection by genre. But I am wondering if the Micro SD cards are also used for application space to which it might be better to get one large 8 Gig or 16 Gig Micro SD.

Final consideration is the battery life and whether it's wise to keep media playing to a minimum on a Blackberry like the Bold. A little but not a lot is the best advice?
    Carrying and having to swap microSD card would be too much of a pain for me. For that reason, I would get the highest capacity one supported (which is 32gb). I have a 16 gb one cause I don't have 32 gb worth of music anyway. Also 32gb cards are new and very expensive. 16 gb ones have dropped in price quite a bit.

application (including the OS) will use the 128mb application memory. (different for 1GB device memory which can also be used for music if you want.) 1 GB device will be used to store data such as your e-mail, calendar data etc.

Regarding the battery life and music playing, I can only comment on in anecdotally. I listened to 4 hours of music using the earbud stereo bold came with during a poker tournament. and it drained the battery about 1/2 way.
    12-16-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD