I have a 9700 that I use on BES. It syncs with my Outlook calendar through the BES with no problems. My problem is that I would like to have a 2nd calendar that only I see (my secretaries have access to my Outlook calendar for scheduling) that syncs with some web based calendar.

I have tried Google Sync but for some reason it will not sync the events from my Blackberry that have been entered as a Google Calendar event...it only syncs my desktop calendar entries.

Any suggestions or apps I can download would be greatly appreciated.
    01-28-10 08:33 PM
    One alternative to a second calendar is simply to mark your personal appointments private. Your secretaries will only see that the time is unavailable for scheduling. They won't be able to view entry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 08:41 PM
    I just last night set up Google Sync for my calendar, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be. Also I'm on BIS not BES. But what I had to do was go into Options, Advanced Options, Default Services. I had to select "BlackBerry" as the default calendar rather than my GMail calendar.

After doing this, whenever I enter a new calendar event on my BB, I make sure the calendar selected at the top is "BlackBerry" (which it should be by default as explained above). Now it always successfully updates both ways.

I don't know if this will work the same way since you're using BES. But I'm guessing it has something do with your default calendar and/or the one you select when you enter an event on your BB.

Anyway, hope this helps.
    01-28-10 09:18 PM
    Thanks for the responses. Even if I mark my appointment as private it shows up on my desktop calendar...I guess I thought that meant they could see it too. I will do a test.

As for my Calendar setting...it is set on Desktop...my other options are my gmail calendar, yahoo calendar, and mac calendar. Mine is set to desktop.

Maybe this is one of those areas that my request is so specialized that there is not a way to accomplish this other than my current method where I can see the appointment in my BB but not on my desktop or any other web based calendar.
    01-28-10 10:02 PM
    Marking an appointment "private" means other users who have access to your calendar can see there is an appointment at that time, but they cannot open the appointment to read it, unless they are logging in as you with your user name and password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 07:16 AM
    And what they see listed for that appointment is what you have marked (Free, Tentative, Busy, or Out of Office).
    01-29-10 11:24 AM
    I have a similar question/issue. Whenever I go into my calendar to enter a new event, even though in my Advanced Options then Default Services, I have my gmail account listed as the default, it still shows up under the BlackBerry Groups calendar for some reason. And to be honest I don't even know where the BlackBerry Groups calendar came from. If I go into options and then select calendar, I can just select my gmail calendar but I have other entries in different calendars that I would like to see.

I guess my question is if there is an easy way to make my gmail calendar automatically be the calendar that new events appear in without having to select that specific calendar with every entry.

Hopefully that all makes at least a little bit of sense.
    01-29-10 12:24 PM
    And make sure the Private Items box in your delegates setup tab in Outlook is not checked.
    01-29-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD