I was just wondering, since the new upcoming BBs will incorporate all new Qualcomm chipsets, do you guys think we will finally see multiple audio channels allowed at once? For example, currently it doesn't seem to be possible to play music and get an audio notification or even vibrate simultaneously. I'm wondering if its a hardware or platform limitation. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 02:16 AM
    Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure my Torch plays notifications and music at the same time. I'll have to check it though.
    03-09-11 10:55 PM
    I have an alarm that is a full mp3 song, hadit go off while listening to music. I heard both. I was suprised.

03-10-11 07:17 AM
    i am pretty sure it is a hardware issue on the older qualcomm chips but im not positive. Newer qualcomm chips would allow for it perhaps
    03-10-11 07:26 AM
    My phone plays audible alerts when I'm plsying music or streaming the radio over headset or speakers

03-10-11 09:10 AM
    As far as I can remember it was over bluetooth that didn't play both, not over a wired headset.

03-10-11 09:15 AM
    Sorry to bring this back guys but many of you with newer GSM devices like the Torch, 9700, 9780, etc. can confirm that you can play notification sounds while music is playing without interrupting one another? So that was an issue with the outdated Qualcomm chips on our Storms, Tours, etc?

My only concern was that the software was the issue but with the new Qualcomm MSM8655s on the Blackberrys I'm not worried just as long as I know multiple audio channels are currently present. Thanks.
    04-08-11 02:04 PM
    Sorry to bring this back guys but many of you with newer GSM devices like the Torch, 9700, 9780, etc. can confirm that you can play notification sounds while music is playing without interrupting one another? So that was an issue with the outdated Qualcomm chips on our Storms, Tours, etc?

My only concern was that the software was the issue but with the new Qualcomm MSM8655s on the Blackberrys I'm not worried just as long as I know multiple audio channels are currently present. Thanks.
    Yes, my 9700 can do that, nothing gets intrerupted.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    04-08-11 02:05 PM
    Awesome. Thanks you guys! I'm not worried about the new devices now. This is a pain in the *** on my 9550.
    04-08-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD