I had the weather app running in the background. When I brought it to the foreground, the temperature jumped up 2 Celsius degrees. Why would it do that then if it was being run in the background? Was it just the screen that wasn't updated or did it actually go out and look up the temperature when I brought the app to the forefront?
    I know the active tiles work differently on the new OS but this current OS should be multi tasking already.
    10-21-12 10:49 AM
    I had the weather app running in the background. When I brought it to the foreground, the temperature jumped up 2 Celsius degrees. Why would it do that then if it was being run in the background? Was it just the screen that wasn't updated or did it actually go out and look up the temperature when I brought the app to the forefront?
    I know the active tiles work differently on the new OS but this current OS should be multi tasking already.
    That is the screen not updating. I wrote a timer app to test that. In the background it runs constantly and keeps accurate time even though the tile doesn't update. The second I bring it to the foreground it displays the correct amount of time that has passed.

I think apps need changed around to make use of the new tiles, because other things, like bbm update the tiles, but I haven't investigated it further yet.
    10-21-12 12:03 PM