12-25-12 05:03 AM
    6.9M in the last quarter is good.... And I like the fact that RIM is not bleeding money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 07:51 AM
    This Windows Phone 8 guy has been getting slammed by some in the WPCentral forum for noting that RIM's "demise" is prematurely called and that BB10 has a strong chance at winning. It's an awfully well-managed company these days, as the financial results (despite older products and damaging press) illustrate.
    Dapper37, pneumo57 and Geeoff like this.
    12-26-12 12:47 AM
    This is a very good article. I really believe RIM has much up their sleeves. I know they have many features of the new mobile platform they have not shown yet. Thanks for posting this article.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 03:11 AM
    I just tweeted it.
    Crossing my fingers. Little over a month now.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-26-12 03:47 AM
    there will be so many half eaten crows on the roads once BB10 is released and blogers/reporters/ analysts are proven that they were wrong to prematurly talk about RIMs demise
    12-26-12 11:19 AM
    You know if NBC is optimistic, it's looking pretty good.
    12-26-12 02:21 PM
    This Windows Phone 8 guy has been getting slammed by some in the WPCentral forum for noting that RIM's "demise" is prematurely called and that BB10 has a strong chance at winning. It's an awfully well-managed company these days, as the financial results (despite older products and damaging press) illustrate.
    Yeah, I've seen that. I don't agree with some of the hate you've been receiving (and would be having to physically beat my skull into oblivion to the point that I have to be rushed to A&E to stop myself handing out infractions if I were a mod over there), however I do believe that WP8 is still going to outpace BB10. Won't go into the details though as we've discussed it to death and back on WPCentral.
    12-26-12 07:20 PM
    The key is going to be user experience.

Microsoft "shipped first" and is busy patching a whole bunch of bugs or poor experience elements (like Xbox Music) right now.

If RIM ships something perfect -- or close to perfect -- that will be all they need to reclaim a solid lead for "third place." Especially if BB10 ships out of the gate with support for all the apps that we're still missing in WP-land, such as Spotify, banking apps, etc.

The Android recompile also is intriguing as a way to get short-term support from developers who might otherwise be noncommittal... they can test the waters without having to redesign the app's UI. If they see better-than-expected uptake, they can come back with something a bit more "BB10-like."
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 03:27 AM