A nice, reasonably positive review of 2.0...

PlayBook OS 2 has arrived: was it worth the wait? | Sync

Many Canadians ó including a number of Sync readers ó jumped at the opportunity to buy a discounted BlackBerry PlayBook. The $199 price tag made it an incredibly hot seller here and propelled RIMís tablet to second place on the tablet sales chart behind the iPad. Today, the long-awaited PlayBook OS 2 update was made available for download and itís brought a number of welcome improvements.

After just a few hours of playing with the new OS, itís clear that this is a big improvement. For business users and folks at home, the arrival of native email, calendar, and contact apps plug a number of gaping holes. Finally, a big chunk of the core functionality that you look for in a tablet is available on the PlayBook without having to pair a BlackBerry phone.

Those of you who do own a BlackBerry, however, get to take advantage of some very slick new functionality. A paired phone can now be used as a remote control for the PlayBook, both as a mouse (by thumbing the optical trackpad or using the touchscreen on more recent models) and you can also utilize the keypad to type in text if you donít like using the on-screen keyboard. Thereís also a presenter mode that allows you to output the video from your apps to the PlayBookís larger screen.

02-21-12 07:54 PM
    Cool, nice article! I'm satisfied with it too.
    02-21-12 07:59 PM
    I think it all comes down to that elephant in the room again, the lack of apps... It still needs some heavy Hitting apps start coming out
    02-22-12 02:11 AM
    I'm tempted to get the playbook... I did register my e-mail addy in a walmart one and then wiped it to get it out of view as I didn't want purchases to be made with my bbid. But I did get the e-mail of OS 2 when it did come out by 4am. Hmm....
    02-22-12 05:05 AM
    makes you think, if they are the number 2 tablet in canada, how is pb doing everywhere else, wondering how the fire sales changed the sales numbers, i guess we'll only see in the next quarter report
    02-22-12 03:10 PM
    Nice thanks for sharing
    02-22-12 03:50 PM
    Good to see positive reviews. I for one loved my 16gb so much that I understand upgraded to a 64gb and gave my 16gb to a family member... And now both of us reap the benefits of 2.0!
    02-22-12 04:00 PM
    This is a reasonable article from a tech writer.

Not like the D-bags at CNET
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-22-12 06:58 PM
    Wow, people saying nice things about the PlayBook. I'm shocked. LOL
    02-22-12 07:04 PM
    So does this mean has frozen over ?

A positive article from a tech blog. Wowzers.
    02-22-12 08:27 PM
    ZD NET is being kinder, more balanced unlike CNET.
    02-23-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD