So I get a notification on my Z10 this morning that my Outlook account was not responding. So I go into my settings and re-enter the password, as this usually solves this issue. 5 minutes I get the same message, so I enter it again. Another 5 minutes pass and what do you know, the same message pops up again. By this point I'm already on my way to the office so I figure I'll deal with it when I get in. Deal with other things first, after about an hour I finally decide to try it again. Double check that I'm entering the correct password by opening up Password Keeper again and copying the password again and enter it again. Again, same message. So at this point, I decide to log into the website on my laptop to see whats going on. Well, don't I find out that Microsoft is having issues with almost all of their services today.

Status history

Click a problem report to view details. Reports are available for problems that impacted a large number of customers in the past 60 days.

August 2013

August 14

SkyDrive

Services such as Hotmail, Messenger, and SkyDrive are experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience as we work on the problem.

Active - View details

August 14

People

There are problems accessing People information. You might not be able to see all your contacts. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Active - View details

August 14

Outlook

We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages.

Active - View details
    So if anyone else is having issues with any Microsoft services today, before jumping the gun and blaming BlackBerry and saying it MUST be a BlackBerry issue, here you go. Its got nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-14-13 10:03 AM
    Mine is also down. MS is working on it
    08-14-13 10:06 AM
    Down here as well.
    08-14-13 10:09 AM
    Mine down too.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:13 AM
    Appears Hotmail/MSN services are down. I'm unable to log into webmail.
    08-14-13 10:17 AM
    So I get a notification on my Z10 this morning that my Outlook account was not responding. So I go into my settings and re-enter the password, as this usually solves this issue. 5 minutes I get the same message, so I enter it again. Another 5 minutes pass and what do you know, the same message pops up again. By this point I'm already on my way to the office so I figure I'll deal with it when I get in. Deal with other things first, after about an hour I finally decide to try it again. Double check that I'm entering the correct password by opening up Password Keeper again and copying the password again and enter it again. Again, same message. So at this point, I decide to log into the website on my laptop to see whats going on. Well, don't I find out that Microsoft is having issues with almost all of their services today.

So if anyone else is having issues with any Microsoft services today, before jumping the gun and blaming BlackBerry and saying it MUST be a BlackBerry issue, here you go. Its got nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    Microsoft was hacked over night.
    08-14-13 10:20 AM
    Same here, I knew I could check the forums for this =) let's hope they're back up soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:30 AM
    The weird thing, is I'm only getting this message with my @outlook.com email. My @hotmail.com and @live.com accounts are both working fine, for the time being lol it appears it might be a @outlook.com specific issue.
    08-14-13 10:38 AM
    The weird thing, is I'm only getting this message with my @outlook.com email. My @hotmail.com and @live.com accounts are both working fine, for the time being lol it appears it might be a @outlook.com specific issue.
    Mine's the reverse...outlook appears to be ok, but I'm getting the error with hotmail.
    Gary Martin1 likes this.
    08-14-13 10:44 AM
    Hotmail is down! Checked my PC and phone
    08-14-13 10:51 AM
    Thousands of you whined and moaned when BIS took a dump and screamed for iDroid like email functionality.

Need I say more?
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-14-13 11:05 AM
    "
    There's a problem with Outlook right now.
    Details
    Problem We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages. August 14 8:49 AM
    Updates We're working on the problem and will provide an update by August 14 1:00 PM. Thank you for your patience. August 14 11:01 AM
    "
    08-14-13 11:31 AM
    Down

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:45 AM
    Microsoft was hacked over night.
    Source?
    08-14-13 11:48 AM
    Mine's the reverse...outlook appears to be ok, but I'm getting the error with hotmail.
    And now I just got a message that my @live.com account is down as well lol guess I spoke too soon and jinxed it lmao
    08-14-13 11:56 AM
    Thousands of you whined and moaned when BIS took a dump and screamed for iDroid like email functionality.

Need I say more?
    I agree 100% (kinda why I made the post in the first place lol but shh... don't tell anyone)
    08-14-13 11:57 AM
    Mine too.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 12:35 PM

Need I say more?
    Except if there was an issue with the email provider then BIS wouldn't magically deliver those emails either

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-14-13 01:35 PM
    My outlook isn't working on my Z10 but it is fine via the computer..

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1047
    08-14-13 01:41 PM
    Mine is still down on my Q10 but works on the computer.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:51 PM
    Outlook is down it seems

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:54 PM
    yeah, it's all over twitter.

hotmail is down... and some outlook accounts are down.
    08-14-13 03:09 PM
    One down side to ActiveSync is that when your provider goes down, you lose all the emails on your phone, which is unfortunate. Oddly enough, I can still access my previously delivered emails on my Nexus 4 so I guess newer versions of Android keep a copy local on the phone.

Hopefully BB can implement something like that as losing all your emails completely (while temporary) can cause issues. I had some travel confirmation emails that are now gone and if I was traveling today, I'd be screwed.
    08-14-13 03:12 PM
    Someone else mentioned this issue on another post this morning. It's a Microsoft issue folks. Mine was down early this morning. It's working fine now.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:47 PM
    Im afraid its not only related to Outlook accounts only, my Hotmail acc's are (all of them) totally down.
    08-14-13 04:06 PM
268 123 ...