@N8ter I meant Linux on the desktop. It's much better than windows in my honest opinion. I could make it looks like apple's ui, microsoft's and other OS's via skins user's make for everyone. I love it.

Plenty of office alternatives, free.
    Once people experience power at their fingertips, they don't want to let it go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 04:23 PM
    Try to use MobileNoter SE for BlackBerry. It allows to work with OneNote files
    04-11-13 10:50 PM
    Tell me how that bloated kernel is working out, for ya. I can do so much more on my Linux box, than I dared trying on my Windoze machines.

I also don't miss the stinking registry, either; that can die a slow, and painful death, for all I care

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    You sound like a Linux fan boy with terms like 'Windoze'. Also, the Windows registry has basically Ben invisible or unobtrusive for PC users since XP 's Service Pack 2 came out almost a decade ago. I know because I worked at my college's IT office around that time and dealt with PCs all the time....90% of the issues I faced were spyware or hardware failure related. Nothing to do with the registry.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD
    Etios likes this.
    04-11-13 11:06 PM
    I wouldn't say Linux is crap... Just not for everyone.

A lot of people love Linux and their setups.

But yes, Linux fragmentation makes Android fragmentation look like a joke.
    For the typical computer user there are less than 5 distributions of GNU/Linux suitable for the desktop or notebook computer. These users would be able to use Ubuntu Linux, for example, and not have more than 10 minutes of learning curve.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 09:32 PM
    I don't care too much about a OneNote app on BB10. What I would rather see is an improved Remember App that syncs to OneNote in Skydrive.

It's weird to me that MS seems to be hoping BlackBerry fails. To me, I would think that the more successful BlackBerry is, the more it helps Microsoft. BB is really built on a lot of MS standards... from email and PIM that matches up with Exchange and Outlook, to documents editing using DocsToGo that matches up with Office (sure wish D2G synced with Skydrive too), to using Bing for search and maps on some of their devices. A strong Blackberry keeps more eco-system options open for people. Otherwise, we will all end up in the Google-verse.

(mind you I personally keep my notes on Evernote, my calendar/PIM on Google Apps and keep my documents in Dropbox).
    04-14-13 03:34 PM
    I don't care too much about a OneNote app on BB10. What I would rather see is an improved Remember App that syncs to OneNote in Skydrive.

It's weird to me that MS seems to be hoping BlackBerry fails. To me, I would think that the more successful BlackBerry is, the more it helps Microsoft. BB is really built on a lot of MS standards... from email and PIM that matches up with Exchange and Outlook, to documents editing using DocsToGo that matches up with Office (sure wish D2G synced with Skydrive too), to using Bing for search and maps on some of their devices. A strong Blackberry keeps more eco-system options open for people. Otherwise, we will all end up in the Google-verse.

(mind you I personally keep my notes on Evernote, my calendar/PIM on Google Apps and keep my documents in Dropbox).
    I don't think BB takes a lot of mindshare at MS...they are pretty agnostic to the success of BB. I think MS only sees BB as a competitor in the business market and I'm sure there they would like to get some of their business. However, MS have helped RIM in the past with software offerings and they've also committed to Skype for BB10 so I'm not sure how anyone could think MS is pushing for the failure of BB

Compare this with Google and how they treat all MS products...it wouldn't matter if WP had 20% market, google will not do anything for MS. Google have already stated they are not making any effort for WIN8 in general which is ludicrous considering they had already sold 60 million copies of WIN8 by the end of 2012...
    04-16-13 06:11 PM
    Well, in other words, business as usual. BB can keep its BBM and MS, Google and Apple can keep their own apps too.
    04-16-13 06:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD