Blackberry under its current leadership ( Mr. Thorsten Heins) does not seem to have a clue on how to compete in todays smartphone market....( let me now go on a rant about this company, which i have never done BTW)

First, if you are trying to make a comeback in a market that is already saturated with touch screen phones, why make your first release yet another touch screen phone that quite frankly is one that isn't doing much to wow customers??? Ok, so it has a few features that are new to the BB 10 platform, but lets be real, it looks like they just tried to throw a bunch of functionality together. Not impressive!! What I would have done if i was CEO (Thats why i'm not) would have been to enhance the already existing design model which Blackberry (Or should i say RIM) is known for. The Q10 in my opinion should have been released first because it would have meant RIM was making a statement, that... hey! we are who we are so like it or leave it. In a market where a company who used to dominate saw the likes of Apple and now Samsung completely take over, BB should have gone back to its roots....The core that made them once dominant. How about refining some of the technology which BB phones once had??? How about saying to the world of touch screens and useless functionalities that "we as a company want to introduce you as consumers back to a Qwerty keyboard" and "oh by the way look what else our phones can do"!!?? Noooo..they had to piggy back off the designs of the other 2 giants, who quite frankly, they will never be able to catch up with (Come to think of it, i'm sure they already knew this).

Second, what are the executives there at RIM being paid to do?? Look, i'm sure in Canada things are so much easier but here in the big leagues, these United States!! you have to work to get it. So let me ask you Mr. Thorsten Heins, if you want to sell a new product and you start the planning process, you gear up for a marketing campaign and even hire Alisha Keys (Who still uses her iPhone 5 BTW) to help get the word out, please tell me...why in the world would you wait almost 4 months to actually begin selling the product?? Do you think our attention span is so great that we can see a super bowl ad in Feb. and remember that the phones will begin selling in June??? Well, they will say the phone carriers set the schedule but i say as the manufacturer, you determine when your product will hit the shelf. Why is Apple so successful? should i really go into that Mr. Thorsten Heins? ( I won't and no one else reading this should).

Saddens me when folks at the top are so into their yachts and mansions that they forget basic commerce. Good Luck RIM. Maybe the Nigerian market will keep you afloat for a while and thats until the rest of us move on and only reminisce on the days when i could "chirp" my buddy and ask "where the green @"
    03-08-13 06:54 AM
    nothing to do with Q10, think I read this already on crackberry and for the discussion over stock price, leadership there are much better subforums than the one for Q10...

I asked the moderation team to move / close this thread

Chris
    03-08-13 07:06 AM
    Moved to general discussion

Also I think some of your points are a bit off. The general market, mass consumers, want a touch screen device without keyboard. pkb users are the minority now. RIM/BB is catering to their consumers, and to consumers in general, which will get them customers, make them money, and keep the company afloat (thats the logic anyway). Saying that no one will catch up to Samsung and Apple is absurd. The market changes VERY fast, and Apple held the top spot after RIM, now Samsung does. It will change again as well.

As for asking what the Executives do? That seems a bit of a reach. They have taken an OS that is world renowned for its reliability, built on that and included famed BlackBerry security, and released it in many countries, and that list is continuing to grow. Everywhere the device has released the news is very positive. The Execs also have little to no control over carrier testing processes, which do take a VERY long time in this country. The carriers want these devices on the shelves, they are trying to move UP the time frame, and a march US release has been confirmed multiple times.The US is not the center of the world, it is a major market yes, but there are ones that have the potential to be MUCH MUCH larger (China and India for instance)
    03-08-13 07:19 AM
    Way off the mark
    Usd2baBBuser likes this.
    03-08-13 07:32 AM
    And who are you to ask the moderation team to do anything, Chris Marsch?? Do you own all threads for BB Q10 or something? You should look up the definition of a forum and learn to respect the views of others. BTW, this was not written in German so the notion that there was anything said about stock price in this read is ludacris and shows you need a lesson or 2 in the good old american english, sir.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    03-08-13 07:36 AM
    HAHAHA! Time shall tell, Mr. Moderator...Time shall tell!
    03-08-13 07:51 AM
    Hmmmm......super bowl ad February. USA Bb10 launch March. Not sure where you get June from.

Posted via CB10
    Usd2baBBuser likes this.
    03-08-13 07:53 AM
    Hmmmm......super bowl ad February. USA Bb10 launch March. Not sure where you get June from.

Posted via CB10
    Talking about the Q10 sir..learn to read. You can make the distinction all you want about the OS and actual device but to the consumer (not loyalist) it doesn't matter. And what official source has confirmed a March release? I recall seeing March 15th and 25th dates just 2 two days ago and today its the 22nd. You BB loyalists kill me, lol. Hey, don't get me wrong i want one too! The Q10, that is...but lets not kid ourselves and act like we don't see BB going under. Their days are over! Sorry.
    Last edited by Usd2baBBuser; 03-08-13 at 08:10 AM.
    03-08-13 07:58 AM
    Blackberry under its current leadership ( Mr. Thorsten Heins) does not seem to have a clue on how to compete in todays smartphone market....( let me now go on a rant about this company, which i have never done BTW)
    Great, another armchair executive takes a break from running his own muilti-national, multi-billion dollar enterprise to tell executives at BlackBerry how to do their jobs. Why not do a 'dear Mister Heins' to thheins@blackberry.com

First, if you are trying to make a comeback in a market that is already saturated with touch screen phones, why make your first release yet another touch screen phone that quite frankly is one that isn't doing much to wow customers???
    Because

1. The growth in the Smartphone market (which is exploding) is in touchscreens. Something RIM hasn't broken into in the past. They own QWERTY. Most consumers want touchscreens and to grow, RIM needs that. So they're releasing it first, with QWERTY to follow

2. That's your opinion. Don't speak for everyone. Plenty of people love their Z10s. And don't make assumptions about sales figures when they haven't been released.

O
    k, so it has a few features that are new to the BB 10 platform, but lets be real, it looks like they just tried to throw a bunch of functionality together. Not impressive!!
    What makes you right and the people who love their Z10s and BlackBerry 10 wrong?

The Q10 in my opinion should have been released first because it would have meant RIM was making a statement, that... hey! we are who we are so like it or leave it.
    They've been doing that for years and people have been "leaving it". In the U.S., the market has doubled in size since the beginning of 2010 yet BlackBerry users there have fallen from 21 million to 7.5 million. What's selling? Touchscreens.

Second, what are the executives there at RIM being paid to do?? Look, i'm sure in Canada things are so much easier but here in the big leagues, these United States!! you have to work to get it
    LOL - more armchair exec talk. And American bravado. Thanks for blessing us meager Canucks with your American greatness. And thank you also for painting my American friends with an unfair stereotype in the process.

[QUOTE]
    . So let me ask you Mr. Thorsten Heins, if you want to sell a new product and you start the planning process, you gear up for a marketing campaign and even hire Alisha Keys (Who still uses her iPhone 5 BTW) to help get the word out, please tell me...why in the world would you wait almost 4 months to actually begin selling the product??
    Because the world is not the U.S. They waited a day to sell in the UK, a few days to sell in Canada and have it selling in 21 countries 5 weeks in. Also, I follow Alicia Keys and she's most definitely been tweeting with BlackBerry.

Do you think our attention span is so great that we can see a super bowl ad in Feb. and remember that the phones will begin selling in June???
    What if the purpose of the ad was purely to show "we're alive and not out of business and ballsy enough to have a Superbowl ad?". You would have a point if this was the only marketing initiative. But it's not. Last night in Canada, I saw three Z10 commercials on three different commercials. I saw decals in every carrier store window. I heard ads on radio. I imagine the same will follow in the US when it launches.

Well, they will say the phone carriers set the schedule but i say as the manufacturer, you determine when your product will hit the shelf.
    And you would be speaking out of ignorance. Do you seriously think BlackBerry wanted the US launch to be delayed. They didn't have the clout to do it. And all carriers test at their own cycle. Even the iPhone example you gave, did not launch everywhere simultaniously.

Saddens me when folks at the top are so into their yachts and mansions that they forget basic commerce.
    And it annoys me that armchair executives take a break from watching Jerry Springer to try to tell Thorsten Heins how to do his job without all the details or facts around it.

Sorry if I'm harsh, but if you're going to grandstand and make a post like this ...
    03-08-13 08:08 AM
    Cool story bro.
    03-08-13 08:14 AM
    Another Loyalist...all i read in your posts are a bunch of "what if" and "Maybe". The fact is neither you or i...or anyone else for that matter that feels the need to post a reply, knows anything about what is being discussed in the board rooms. We have no idea what the company projections are. One thing is for certain...they want to sell phones, simple. So, i'm going to keep scratching my nuts here in my bedroom and writing about it.
    03-08-13 08:20 AM
    You may scratch whatever part of your anatomy you wish, but we need neither the description nor your aggressive and argumentative style of posting here.
    03-08-13 08:26 AM
    HAHAHA! Time shall tell, Mr. Moderator...Time shall tell!

Time will tell what exactly?

Branta beat me to it
    Usd2baBBuser likes this.
    03-08-13 08:46 AM