Hahaha.... there was a time when I was the master of tweaking QEMM and later making custom multiboot CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files for DOS 6.

I remember my friends being amazed the first time they saw the inside of my computer that I had every expansion slot filled, and everything worked, back in the days when cards all had jumpers to manually set IRQs & DMAs. Games were all DOS-based and needed extensive tweaking (of each individual game) to get the right drivers loaded in order for the game to run. We've come so far...
    Not sure on the coming so far part. People had to learn how a computer worked a little to use a one before. Now anyone can use one and many unfortunately think that makes them an expert. Too many people who use smart phones think they are experts to. And just like you mentioned in another thread all the Universities migrating to Google for mail and other services to Google, it used to be students running the systems and learning how to use them.

Posted via Z30
    07-13-15 08:38 AM
    Hahaha.... there was a time when I was the master of tweaking QEMM and later making custom multiboot CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files for DOS 6.

I remember my friends being amazed the first time they saw the inside of my computer that I had every expansion slot filled, and everything worked, back in the days when cards all had jumpers to manually set IRQs & DMAs. Games were all DOS-based and needed extensive tweaking (of each individual game) to get the right drivers loaded in order for the game to run. We've come so far...
    Yes, I remember the fun days of tweaking those files... :-)

But
    @echo off

for now... :-)

�   "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."   �
    07-13-15 08:13 PM
    Rumours, speculation and assuming, the weakest position to be in.

CB10 - Passport
    07-13-15 11:12 PM
    BB has a lot of unsold BB10 phones, and so does BB's distribution partners. The day BB announces/confirms Android offerings, they'll essentially have to fire-sale the remaining BB10 products, which means a write-down. Chen would rather write down 20K BB10 phones than 200k BB10 phones
    I'm curious where you get these figures/assumptions from ...
    Last time I spoke about inventory with BlackBerry people, they told me they were extremely cautious and build devices at a very conservative pace.
    Is 200K conservative ? I'm not sure about that ...
    07-16-15 02:53 AM
    I'm curious where you get these figures/assumptions from ...
    Last time I spoke about inventory with BlackBerry people, they told me they were extremely cautious and build devices at a very conservative pace.
    Is 200K conservative ? I'm not sure about that ...
    200K is ultra conservative. Consider each quarter, around 2 Million BB10 devices are shipped which is an average of 22K devices each day. 200K would be short of a 2 week supply. The point's moot though as I'm pretty sure Troy was simply using arbitrary numbers to illustrate a point.
    07-16-15 11:47 AM
55 123