call me crazy but thinking about leaving t-mobile for Boost 8330..what do you guys think
    01-24-10 06:30 PM
    Sure why not it uses Sprints CDMA network. For $60 thats not bad for unlimited everything.
    01-24-10 06:34 PM
    will i be able to tether on it?
    01-24-10 06:36 PM
    Sure with 3rd party software such as "tether" aka tetherberry. I believe Sprint and Boost "basically Sprint" disabled tethering
    01-24-10 06:43 PM
    Sure why not it uses Sprints CDMA network. For $60 thats not bad for unlimited everything.
    Yea true man its not a bad price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:22 PM
    It sounds like a good deal, but Boost mobile is a prepaid service. So you will be able to transfer your number over, but if you ever want to switch back, you won't be able to keep your number. A guy at AT&T told me this when I tried to switch my number from a prepaid service to AT&T. You may want to keep that in mind.

01-25-10 12:23 AM
    You CAN keep your number if you leave prepaid. My daughter and I went from virgin mobile to alltel (now vzw) and took our numbers. The reps really didn't want to bother and told us it couldn't happen but we insisted they try and lo and behold, it worked.

01-25-10 05:02 AM
    You CAN keep your number if you leave prepaid. My daughter and I went from virgin mobile to alltel (now vzw) and took our numbers. The reps really didn't want to bother and told us it couldn't happen but we insisted they try and lo and behold, it worked.

That's why strongly dislike customer service representatives. They always lie to you instead of telling you that they don't know. If I gave out as much bad information at my job as they do I would have been fired a long time ago. Thanks for the info.

01-25-10 05:24 AM
    So how can you tether using boost? instruction anyone?? I tried everything, but i cant find the APN for boost nor the username or password... Can anybody help?
    01-25-10 08:13 PM
    I know a few people with boost, or had boost. The customer service is far from good. She tried to get an actual person on the phone to ask them a question and it simply was not possible. Another thing to take into account is the iDEN network, which is the network technology that runs nextel, and in turn boost. If you want to just make phone calls on your new berry then go ahead. But for data the network is shear horror.

Just some FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Digital_Enhanced_Network

01-25-10 11:35 PM
    Haha Boost. Good luck getting service with it. You might as well get prepaid through tmo.
    01-25-10 11:38 PM
    I know a few people with boost, or had boost. The customer service is far from good. She tried to get an actual person on the phone to ask them a question and it simply was not possible. Another thing to take into account is the iDEN network, which is the network technology that runs nextel, and in turn boost. If you want to just make phone calls on your new berry then go ahead. But for data the network is shear horror.

Just some FYI: Integrated Digital Enhanced Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah but this 8330 run on the Sprint CDMA network

Haha Boost. Good luck getting service with it. You might as well get prepaid through tmo.
    Considering this 8330 will run off the Sprint's CDMA network the service will be fine. Now if it was iDen we were talking about, I'd be a little more apprehensive.
    01-25-10 11:52 PM

Just an FYI for you, Boost Blackberry's, as well as their new Sanyo phones, run on Sprints 3G CDMA Network, which is, as it says, 3G! Data speeds are equal to that of Verizon's Blackberry's and there is no data delay and it's not "sheer horror". Please get your facts straight before posting. Only PART of Boost Mobile is comprised of the iDEN network, and the other part is CDMA.

PS. Moving from T-Mobile to Boost is a good idea...just make sure to review coverage maps for your area.
    04-03-10 02:39 PM
    How is Sprint's coverage in your area? If it is good, you're fine with Boost. However, Boost does not allow roaming. If you can't get Sprint's network and are in a VZW area, you won't get any coverage at all on Boost.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-03-10 02:49 PM
    I have had boost phones for almost 2 years. Great service and believe it or not you can talk to a rep or tech anytime. Just hit "0" at the right time and ask. Did have some ongoing issues with a iden phone but always got credit and finally got resolved. Switched to a 8330 and have had great reception and no dropped calls. As always check coverage first.

04-03-10 07:29 PM
    And by the way Matt, my dowmload speeds are great with the CMDA EVDO Rev0. If yer gonna diss something do your research first! Been hitting 35kbps on average.

04-03-10 07:39 PM
    Best bang for buck would be tmobile. Basically the same plan would be the unlimited even more plus 80 bucks. Paying 20 bucks more for a better phone, selection of phones and bigger coverage. Great customer service and free tethering.

04-04-10 02:50 AM
    Good for direct connect and $50 unlimited everything.
    I hear service is pretty bad. Well at least where I live at.

04-04-10 07:29 PM
    Best bang for buck would be tmobile. Basically the same plan would be the unlimited even more plus 80 bucks. Paying 20 bucks more for a better phone, selection of phones and bigger coverage. Great customer service and free tethering.

Actually, you'd need to check your coverage first. TMobile has very limited service in several areas of the U.S. so it would not be wise to rush out and spend $20 dollars more when you don't have good coverage.
    04-15-10 10:21 AM
    My T-Mo unlimted everything is $70 plus tax. Don't know if Boost is worth ten less a month.

04-15-10 11:18 AM
    Yeah, what is your plan now with t-mobile? For 1 person it would cost you about 70 to 80 bucks for unlimited everything with better phones and CS, just about everything....but if 10 or 20 dollars makes or breaks you, go for it!

04-15-10 04:25 PM
    not a good idea,i had boost and switched to tmobile cause first of all u have to download messages after u supposely recieved it already second the reception sucks,third,the internet is slow homie......
    04-16-10 05:23 PM
    not a good idea,i had boost and switched to tmobile cause first of all u have to download messages after u supposely recieved it already second the reception sucks,third,the internet is slow homie......
    That is only with their iDen service because it is analog and runs through Nextel towers. As I said before, Boost's CDMA runs on Sprint 3G and is the same speed as other carriers. There is no delay. Remember when talking about Boost, it has 2 different networks that it runs off of.
    04-26-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD