Can anyone help me move/copy the pictures from my media card to my PC? I have a Curve (8330) and I am using Roxio. I can move the pics from the Device Memory to the PC but I can't see how to access the memory card via Roxio.
    12-11-08 09:10 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You can use either Roxio or Windows file manager to move files between the media card and your PC.

The simplest to use is Windows. Check to make sure your media card is set to Mass Storage Mode when connected. You should get a AutoPlay notification that allows you to select View Files.

Roxio is a bit more complicated and the exact combination may depend on the installed verison.

At startup, you are presented with four quarter pages. My Devices, lower left side is where you select Device or Media Card Memory. After selection, the lower right should display the top level folders. Open BlackBerry / Pictures to view the images.

Use the drag and drop techinque to move images or groups of images between the upper and lower windows.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-11-08 at 10:17 AM.
    12-11-08 10:07 AM
    have you tried picaso from google? that may work.
    12-11-08 10:09 AM
    I changed the media card to mass storage mode but didn't get an autoplay when I reconnected to the PC and I don't see it in the drives available via Explorer.

As for Roxio. I used the program to transfer the pics, that were on the phone prior to me getting the card, from the phone to the PC but I don't see an option to select the memory card instead of the device memory. I don't see a version on the Roxio "about" screen otherwise I would add it here.

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had my BB for very long but I love it. I just found the site and I am sure I will become a regular.... not sure if my employer will be to happy about that
    12-11-08 10:36 AM
    I don't see it in the drives available via Explorer. ...
    That suggests a problem with your USB ports.

Windows XP requires you to install drivers, Windows Vista does have a native set preinstalled. Either case, you should have installed the BlackBerry Desktop with Roxio and the correct USB drivers.

Do you see your PIN number when you have the DTM main window open?

If not, BlackBerry has published a USB troubleshooting paper:

View Document

If my experience is anything to base it on, the time you spend here will make your BlackBerry experience so productive, he should be paying you for the learning experience.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-11-08 at 12:35 PM.
    12-11-08 12:31 PM
    Well my card is not stuck under my battery like your curve but I just pull my card and use the adapter to hook to my usb port and copy the pictures to my computer delete what I want off my card and pop the card back in my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:18 PM
    I use an adapter to plug the card into my laptop then just pull stuff off using windows explorer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 04:59 PM
    Since my card is under the battery I really don't want to take it out everytime I want to download pics.

Reed,
    I do see my PIN when I open DTM. What should I do with that? For further information I am using XP.
    12-15-08 03:39 PM
    Try the instructions here -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/mana...ry-card-40468/

And see if it works for you. Let us know.
    12-15-08 03:42 PM
    When I connect my bb to my machine, running XP, I don't get a pop-up screen to select "open using WE". Any thoughts?
    12-15-08 04:01 PM
    More information... I can now see my Blackberry in Windows Explorer but all I have access to are the folders on my phone and I do not have access to the memory card. Anymore help?
    12-17-08 12:46 PM
    It's possible you may have some other device using the same drive letter as your media card. In XP right click My Computer, choose Manage and then click on Disk management to see what drives are listed.
    12-17-08 01:12 PM
    I have it. I must admit that the last post was irrelevant. I didn't notice that when mapped to the BB via Explorer it went straight to the media card and not the BB itself. Thanks for everyone's help.
    12-17-08 01:38 PM
    have you tried picaso from google? that may work.
    While the Picaso application might work, there is certainly no need to go install a new program for this kind of thing. He simply wants to transfer media files. Media transfer is standard for BlackBerrys and Desktop Manager. Installing an application that does exactly what Roxio is supposed to already do isn't the best solution.

However, if you are genuinely interested in Picaso, then by all means try it.
    12-20-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD