Is it possible to move mp3s from my computer, and then play them on my BlackBerry Curve 8330? I connected the phone to my computer and dropped an mp3 file into the music folder on the phone. I went to the Media app and it did not show up in music. I tried using the explore function, but the mp3 music file still did not appear in the music folder. What is the trouble here? Must I convert the song to something other than mp3 format?
    09-17-09 07:58 AM
    MP3 is the supported audio format, but it can also contain content protection to prevent you from using it on anything but the targeted device. Apple's iTunes is the best known example, the DRM content protection locks it to one unique device.

I tried using the explore function, but the mp3 music file still did not appear in the music folder. ...
    Do you have a media card installed? If so, your computer will see it as a removable disk drive and you can use Windows File Manger to organize the folders.

If not, you can not transfer media files without using the optional Roxio Media Manger.
    09-17-09 08:54 AM
    Strange. I also have the 8330 from Sprint, but have no problems accessing mp3s on my phone after copying them to the media card in windows explorer.

Was this with just one mp3 you tried? If so, try another one. If it still doesn't work, try reformatting your memory card.
    09-17-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD