Hi All ,
    I got a question have a berry now with 100 odd bbm contacts and im getting a new phone tomorrow.
    My question is when get new phone and i backup contacts via desktop manager and load them , will it put all of my bbm contacts their and then on my contacts phone will they be requested to re add me and then have 2 contacts for me or will it auto link the 2 phones and have only 1 name on my contact list.

So when i give my old phone to my mom and she changes the display name , the old phone wont be on my contacts list nemore.

Pls advise ..
    03-07-10 07:56 AM
    The best way I found was to sync all but bbm contacts and re add them from the address book if you don't have too many.. As when I did it, it added the contacts but messed up requesting and re adding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 08:06 AM
    do a desktop manager sdevice switch wizard. it transfers all info to your new device which includes BBM contacts. it also updates them to your new PIN and they never notice you changed anything. i always do a manual backup first just make sure. also, make sure BBM 5 backs up your list too. when your new device registers on the network, it will recognize your recovery email address on the device and should automatically restore it. but like i said device switch wizard should do it automatically right off the start.
    03-07-10 08:09 AM
    Wow. I didn't know that too
    03-07-10 08:15 AM
    quick question what happens on the old phone after this ? i want to give my phone to some1 else ?? will the contacts be gone ?
    03-07-10 08:35 AM
    no they will still be there. just wipe it. options > security options > wipe. or use BBSAK to wipe or use DM to reload the OS and choose not to backup/restore it first.
    03-07-10 08:41 AM
    ok and then if some1 adds my old bbm pin it wont come to new phone obviouslly ?
    03-07-10 08:43 AM
    no it will only go to the device the PIN is registered to.
    03-07-10 08:43 AM
    wat if i go to restore contacts ??
    03-07-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD