Sorry for sounding dim, but i'd like to know whether i could take a backup from my bold 9900 (which now lies at the bottom of a fishing pond!) and put it on a Torch 9810 i intend on buying?

It has all of my pictures and videos on, aswell as my contacts. but thankfully i've backed those up with an app and sent the list to my email address!

Thanks in advanced
    07-03-12 04:26 AM
    Sorry for sounding dim, but i'd like to know whether i could take a backup from my bold 9900 (which now lies at the bottom of a fishing pond!) and put it on a Torch 9810 i intend on buying?

It has all of my pictures and videos on, aswell as my contacts. but thankfully i've backed those up with an app and sent the list to my email address!

Thanks in advanced
    On Desktop Manager you can use Restore then you can choose which backup you want to restore. You can do either a full restore or choose specific data.

I keep loads of passwords on my Password Keeper so I use this feature every time I get a new phone. And as you can see by my device list, I do it A LOT!!!!!

I am assuming you backed up your 9900 to DM????????
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-03-12 at 05:22 AM.
    JBenn911 and Dixi1801 like this.
    07-03-12 05:20 AM
    On Desktop Manager you can use Restore then you can choose which backup you want to restore. You can do either a full restore or choose specific data.

I keep loads of passwords on my Password Keeper so I use this feature every time I get a new phone. And as you can see by my device list, I do it A LOT!!!!!

I am assuming you backed up your 9900 to DM????????
    thankfully i did yes! i backed up a couple of days prior to losing the phone!

and as far as i know... my new (2nd hand) bb is on it's way

it's rather bad that i only realised how much i loved my BlackBerry when it's gone!

Thanks very much for your help

if i should come into any problems while restoring the 9900 backup on the torch, i'll be complaining on this thread :P
    07-03-12 12:24 PM
    Everything should come back fine from your backup other than your themes. Screen resolution being different between the two devices being the reason why. Other than that you're good to go.

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 01:17 PM

Thanks in advanced
    Some rules:

Keep your BlackBerry away from water!
    Try to have a backup BlackBerry too!

07-03-12 01:38 PM
    Everything should come back fine from your backup other than your themes. Screen resolution being different between the two devices being the reason why. Other than that you're good to go.

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I like the standard themes as a rule anyway, so no problems there

I wasn't aware of whether the backup being from a different PIN or IMEI or whatever would make a difference, hence the question!

Some rules:

Keep your BlackBerry away from water!
    Try to have a backup BlackBerry too!

i think i need to do this :P and i'm getting insurance soon, just to be on the safe side!
    07-04-12 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD