I have been in Greece for a long time and I have lost touch with which carrier in New York is the best for blackberry users. I will be living in Long Island in the Oyster Bay area.
    Last edited by PerryNY; 10-10-08 at 12:55 PM.
    10-10-08 12:51 PM
    Welcome back to NY...Oyster Bay can actually be a really wealthy area depending on the location! As far as which is the best carrier, that's gonna all depend on your location. I have verizon and it works almost everywhere. I will shortly be switching over to ATT to get the Bold. I know the service isn't gonna be as good as verizon, but I know it works fantastic at my home and my job. Only reason I know I'd get full 3G reception is cause my girlfriend has the iphone 3G and she is always at full signal in my room and the rest of the house. It all depends on which BB you want. ATT has the Bold coming soon, Verizon has the touchscreen Storm and Tmobile will hav the Javelin so its up to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 01:01 PM
    My house is in Muttontown so I know the North Shore service is a little sketchy but thats life. I am currently using a Bold but may switch down the road (Storm or 8900). I dont want to make a decision on carrier because of the phones they carry or will be. Any BB can be unlocked if you are willing to pay for the device outright. I want services and Good BB service.
    10-10-08 01:13 PM
    I have Sprint and have been all over NYC Metro Area, as far out as Lower CT.....

You will find that Sprint and Verizon have the best coverage in NY....

They both offer the most robust 3G networks in the region.

And they are the 2 legacy and most preferred in NYC.

ATT still has work to do in NY with 3G coverage.

T-MO has work period, they're awful in Jersey and very spotty out in the Suburbs.
    10-10-08 03:06 PM
    go with Verizon or Sprint..... i have Tmobile and it suckS, coverage is horrible and u get a **** load of dropped calls...
    10-10-08 04:00 PM
    ATT is crapola. The coverage sucks, the customer service sucks - what else is there to say? The phone you want is not worth the service you don't.

I'm not a fan of Verizon as a company but I will say their coverage and call quality are very good, and the customer service for wireless is MUCH better than their residential service.
    10-10-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD