The Chairmen of Carphone warehouse says, we have never seen any product sell like that.
    The Q10 sell through at our Selfrige location was just amazing.
    We will make sure we bring in extra stock, to satisfy the anticipated demand.

Reported by Stockhouse
    04-29-13 08:16 PM
    Nice start, sell like hell.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:43 AM
    #booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-30-13 03:00 AM
    We have never seen any product sell that amount of - BlackBerry - BB

"We have never seen any product sell that amount of volume in such a short space of time - it was incredible." so not even Iphone or Samsung Galaxy
    Those words are music to my ears. It's great to hear a positive story on BlackBerry after all of those negative articles.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-30-13 03:05 AM
    So still no concrete numbers.
    04-30-13 03:20 AM
    It's a conspiracy for sure... I'm convinced of it, so much so that I comb the Internet to voice this concern.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) and Jonesy1966 like this.
    04-30-13 03:29 AM
    This is awesome

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-30-13 05:08 AM
    Nice start, sell like hell.

Posted via CB10
    How fast do things sell in hell?

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-30-13 05:57 AM
    How fast do things sell in hell?

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    At a "Blistering" pace

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:07 AM
    So still no concrete numbers.
    How about 2,000 units in 90 minutes from a secondary retail chain in a country 1/5th the population of the US, is that firm enough for you? No matter what the numbers are, Carphone Warehouse, the owner of Selfridge's and a major retailer in their own right, has clearly stated that they have never seen sales like it before. But of course, a conspiracy is so much easier to believe and to adapt to whatever fanboyism individuals subscribe to.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-30-13 06:38 AM
    Aside from anything else, the concrete numbers fight would be a stupid one for BBRY to get involved in. Part of the reason why they decided to launch the BB10 phones in different parts of the world on different time spread out across a month or more is specifically to make certain that whatever figures are available cannot in any way be compared to the the iDevice and SG# devices sales figures at launch. Why? Because if you can't beat them you don't play the game. No matter what BB10 isn't going to sell like a new iPhone, and thats because nothing sells like an iPhone. But not living up to the iPhone's first weekend sales numbers would be a failure as far as the press cares. It would literally be a story across every generic tech site that BB10 wasn't selling well, no matter what figures that BBRY published.

That's why they don't put out concrete figures. It's for the good of BBRY as a company. If you feel somehow disappointed that they haven't told you personally how well their latest product is doing, then you were expecting WAY too much.

Now that's out of the way...

The Q10 was always likely to sell better than the Z10. That's not to say that the Z10 has failed in any sense, just that its possible consumer base was more limited in that BBRY has a bad record of touchscreen devices, and BB10 was an unknown entity, and it's a little outside the realm of the old-school blackberry. It was competing with the premier devices in the smartphone world and it's certainly punched above its weight it takes more than one awesome device to rule the world in this market. The Q10 on the other hand is a dead-cert to be the upgrade for every QWERTY BB user in the western world. I've felt that the Q10 was going to be where BB10 exploded from the start simply because of it being the device aimed at the crackberry nation as a whole.

The Q10 is where BBRY gets back on the map. In a year we'll see the figures that show despite all of the bull**** and the bad press and mocking BBRY the user-base never forgot why they loved their devices and who made them.
    Sysgen and Jonesy1966 like this.
    04-30-13 08:11 AM
    How about 2,000 units in 90 minutes from a secondary retail chain in a country 1/5th the population of the US, is that firm enough for you? No matter what the numbers are, Carphone Warehouse, the owner of Selfridge's and a major retailer in their own right, has clearly stated that they have never seen sales like it before. But of course, a conspiracy is so much easier to believe and to adapt to whatever fanboyism individuals subscribe to.
    No I do not consider 2000 phones a success from an EXCLUSIVE worldwide launch.

Keep in mind, the iPhone sold 5 million units in the first three days.

The bar has been set, if selfridges/carphone warehouse/blackberry want to make claims it would be credible to support it with a press release and concrete numbers like both Samsung and apple.

Just saying 2000 q10s in 90 minutes begs the question of sustainability, one that Thor, as CEO must address.
    05-03-13 10:17 AM
    Awesome

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:36 AM

This is not really a fair comparison and I'm not sure why you're even making it as the launches aren't the same. The iPhone 5, when launched, launched across the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the UK and the 5 million number came from all of those countries in aggregate, and all of the channels/carries in those countries in aggregate selling the same product.

This was an exclusive launch at one retailer, in one country before rolling out to others.

I doubt the Q10 will ever match an iPhone in sales, but does it need to? If it sells well enough to do the following but doesn't match the iPhone 5 in sales, is it a failure?

- Helps BlackBerry posts a big profit?
    - Sells more units than the 9900 it replaces?
    - Helps drive an increase in subscriber base?
    - Gets a decent number of switchers (returners?)
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    05-03-13 10:42 AM

The bar has been set, if selfridges/carphone warehouse/blackberry want to make claims it would be credible to support it with a press release and concrete numbers like both Samsung and apple.

Just saying 2000 q10s in 90 minutes begs the question of sustainability, one that Thor, as CEO must address.
    Not in one outlet that Apple sell 5 millions units in three days. It's not a false claim that Selfridges sold 2000 unit of Q10 in 90 minutes. Nor is the claim that it's their fastest selling device. No one is claiming Q10 is the fastest selling phone in the world. Iphone or Samsung can lay claim to that. No need to defend those two companies, they are doing just fine. Making assumptions upon assumptions and turn into facts that you can argue against is a home made production no one need to witness.
    05-03-13 10:59 AM
    I asked a sales rep at a kiosk recently how many s4s they sold on the first day they had it. He said they sold all 6 within an hour. So by your logic the s4 was a big fail because they only sold 6 on opening day. -

Posted via Z10
    joe.miller likes this.
    05-03-13 11:03 AM
    This is not really a fair comparison and I'm not sure why you're even making it as the launches aren't the same.
    It actually is a fair comparison with the claims being made by blackberry's pr department.

This was an exclusive launch at one retailer, in one country before rolling out to others.
    That was blackberry's decision.
    Thor's master plan.

If it sells well enough to do the following but doesn't match the iPhone 5 in sales, is it a failure?
    Did the playbook sell we'll enough?
    It doesn't have to match the iPhone 5 but, blackberry needs to surpass Nokia.
    They haven't
    Or the platform will collapse.

Again you just have to look at the playbook.
    05-03-13 11:10 AM
    I asked a sales rep at a kiosk recently how many s4s they sold on the first day they had it. He said they sold all 6 within an hour. So by your logic the s4 was a big fail because they only sold 6 on opening day. -

Posted via Z10
    It would be a failure if they had given that one kiosk an exclusive worldwide launch
    05-03-13 11:13 AM
    Here's a question,...does Swlfridges sell iPhones?
    05-03-13 11:14 AM
    Here's a question,...does Swlfridges sell iPhones?
    No carphone warehouse (which is located in selfridges, the uk's version of bloomies) does but not exclusively.
    05-03-13 11:17 AM
    People who compare Q10 or Z10 sales to iphone...how to put it nicely...are stupid.
    Apple's market cap is 400 Billion dollars and BBRY is around 8 Billion..so please stop doing this stupid comparison...
    You can compare product features between the two where Z10 completely beats iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    project_x likes this.
    05-03-13 11:21 AM
    People who compare Q10 or Z10 sales to iphone...how to put it nicely...are stupid.
    Apple's market cap is 400 Billion dollars and BBRY is around 8 Billion..so please stop doing this stupid comparison...
    You can compare product features between the two where Z10 completely beats iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    So you can compare features but not sales?
    05-03-13 11:27 AM
    So you can compare features but not sales?
    You're sales comparison was poor. You're certainly free to make poor comparisons. But others are free to note your failure in this area.

Posted via CB10
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-03-13 11:33 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10 is going to be huge!!!!
    05-03-13 11:40 AM
    You're sales comparison was poor. You're certainly free to make poor comparisons. But others are free to note your failure in this area.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean I shouldn't compare the sales of two smartphones competing for the same pocket?
    05-03-13 11:43 AM
36 12