I admit... as much as I'm loving the BlackBerry world, the Android phones might be what it takes me to pull me away. The Storm 2, as much as I want it, makes me think I might get left behind. Not because it's bad hardware, but because the OS seems to be pretty stale and archiac.

Then on the other hand... I trust Google with my data and information about as much as I do Microsoft. <shudder>

It looks like VZW/RIM are just going to try and saturate the market with everything they have.
    I agree fully. After seeing how long RIM is taking to upgrade the OS to a stable one that works...then seeing the speed and precision of the droid..I am thinking I may have to leave my storm behind after my March upgrade. I love BB..but this OS is crap on the S1. S2 better be good. :-( I just dunno...
    10-08-09 12:33 AM
    Sold my Tour on Ebay yesterday and went back to my old Curve. Ready to jump as soon as it drops.

Since work only requires us to have an email ready phone and not a blackberry, I think I will have to try other pastures.
    10-08-09 08:55 AM
    The STD is going to be amazing.

It wont be a Dec 1 drop, before black friday for sure.

Check HoFo for the newest news on the sholes, plenty of testers of the device on there.
    10-08-09 10:16 AM
    The STD is going to be amazing.

It wont be a Dec 1 drop, before black friday for sure.

Check HoFo for the newest news on the sholes, plenty of testers of the device on there.
    Have to agree, Howardforums is the best source of information for this phone. I've learned a lot from following that thread...yeah, and the phone is scheduled to be released rather soon...definitely before Dec. 1st (according to the insider on HoFo)
    10-08-09 01:42 PM
    can i have a link to that thread?
    10-08-09 02:26 PM
    can i have a link to that thread?
    Its @ 137 pages so good luck!

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Motorola Sholes A855 (aka Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread
    10-08-09 02:41 PM
    I've been in that HoFo thread for quite a while, this phone WILL be my next phone. I was 100% for the Storm 2 but when Android on VZW was announced I began to have second thoughts, then when I saw the specs and pics of the STD... Sorry BB but the STD is where its at. Google's OS is so much more streamlined than RIM's and Moto's hardware looks amazing. Blazing processor/memory, amazing camera, full qwerty AND touchscreen, etc. I can't wait for more info to leak, I'm drooling as it is...
    10-08-09 02:49 PM
    Verizon won't be getting this phone lolololololololololol
    10-08-09 05:09 PM
    So the pic of the Verizon CEO holding it in his hand and showing it off means...?
    10-08-09 05:21 PM
    10-08-09 05:33 PM
    Notice how it is definitely a Motorola Sholes, it is definitely running Google's Android, the person holding it and the person next to him are the CEOs of Google and Verizon, and the phone itself has the Verizon branding on the lower piece.
    10-08-09 05:34 PM
    10-08-09 07:33 PM
    I have a couple thoughts.

Anyone else notice the Verizon CEO is holding a phone without that strange looking silver bezel? That's a good thing if you ask me.

Also, I wish they put the dpad on he left of the keyboard for gaming purposes. I donn't see much of a use for it where it is. I must be missing something.
    10-08-09 10:45 PM
    Also the phone he is holding has 4 buttons at the bottom not 3. Interesting.
    10-08-09 10:48 PM
    Kid got owned.

Also the phone he is holding has 4 buttons at the bottom not 3. Interesting.
    You're an i-d-i-o-t. He's covering the fourth one.

They really censor that here?
    Last edited by tmacfan4321; 10-08-09 at 11:36 PM.
    10-08-09 11:13 PM
    Because the final product has 4 buttons, not 3 like the mock-ups.

Also, I heard they changed the final product to a black/gun metal metal, not silver.
    10-09-09 12:30 AM
    This could be my next phone.

I hope the keypad is good , with good tactile feedback. I'm a little wary of those flat looking keys. I hated the keypad on the Tour.

Other than that, I think the STD looks amazing.
    10-09-09 02:07 PM
    Agreed the device specs look good but the OS is what really intrigues me. Android 2 is looking good. Instead of piecing files together from different OS versions a la BB we will have full source code to play with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 02:13 PM
    the phone looks cool
    10-09-09 02:25 PM
    I'm so excited for this phone, I want more pics to leak! A video would bring a tear to my eye, happy tears of course.
    10-09-09 03:34 PM
    Kid got owned.

You're an i-d-i-o-t. He's covering the fourth one.

They really censor that here?
    They should censor you. You are a joke. All you come to do is insult people. Quick to poiint out who got owned and who's an i-d-i-o-t.

How about reading my post again dude? I said the phone in his hands has 4 buttons as opposed to the original pics. What a waste of life.
    10-09-09 06:25 PM
    hmmmmmmmm....
    10-14-09 04:19 AM
    They should censor you. You are a joke. All you come to do is insult people. Quick to poiint out who got owned and who's an i-d-i-o-t.

How about reading my post again dude? I said the phone in his hands has 4 buttons as opposed to the original pics. What a waste of life.
    haha, tmacfan got pwned off of a pwned attempt. kind of like the nba t-mac, fails to deliver when it really counts.
    10-14-09 06:24 PM
    apparently yesterday morning at a press conference it wasn't specifically mentioned but the verizon emperor was holding one while the google emperor was holding a hero and they said those were two android devices verizon was releasing "in the next few weeks"

LOL @ Verizon emperor + Google emperor!
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 10-14-09 at 07:27 PM.
    10-14-09 06:43 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD