While everyone is hyped up about the onyx 9700 and the storm 2 I would not be surprised if the motorola sholes coming out on verizon projected to be named the motorola droid according to the latest rumor steals the show from everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 08:16 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised either. That thing looks like it its going to be great and I'd take it over the storm 2 and onyx. But I think this forum is for rumored blackberries.

10-02-09 09:08 AM
    Lol I always just put other rumored phones on here as well my bad but your right I might be considering the sholes over the storm 2 the onyx though may serve as a replacement to my bold 9000 of I can cope with the smaller size

10-02-09 09:17 AM
    The Motorola Sholes/Tao/Droid has been slated for VZW from the beginning... Nobody here is excited because it is not made by RIM.
    10-02-09 04:21 PM
    well I am excited. Will do more research between now and Onyx release, but can anyone in the know hear tell me (who's not in the know) what's so great or what sucks about android compared to bb?

10-02-09 05:24 PM
    I have to admit the new Moto Android devices and the new Windows 6.5 devices have my attention.
    10-02-09 05:57 PM
    I have to admit the new Moto Android devices and the new Windows 6.5 devices have my attention.
    yeah, mine too. This week I discovered seven beta, and it works very well on this clunky blackjack 1, winmo 6. I am getting both gmail and yahoo pushed to me with noticeably less battery drain than 15 minute pull intervals and it takes up a reasonable amount of memory, less than the browser, anyway. I have wandering eyes... or whatever that expression is.

Either way, for the time being I am a little less sick of the device i'm using, and I can make a more informed decision about my next one.

can a mod move this thread to the "other smartphones" forum? I'd like to discuss this one more, I know this isn't the place for it and I don't want it to get closed.

10-02-09 06:19 PM
    sholes smoles.
    10-03-09 01:57 AM
    Im waiting for this one as well so I hope it comes out soon..
    10-03-09 09:47 PM
    Im waiting for this one as well so I hope it comes out soon..
    I thought it was comming out Tuesday October 6th

EDIT : Never mind its been slated for December 1st

http://www.androidcentral.com/more-i...tao-aka-sholes
    Last edited by sooks; 10-04-09 at 10:04 PM.
    10-04-09 09:59 PM
    Storm in Oct, Sholes in Dec, Pre in jan, nice lineup of phones coming to VZW
    10-05-09 05:02 PM
    No it wont steal the show from the Storm2. Bite ur tongue youngman!!!!
    10-05-09 05:14 PM
    I'm definitely going to take a good look at the Sholes/Tao/Droid when it comes out.

I was hoping for a release before black Friday though.
    10-06-09 01:56 PM
    I admit... as much as I'm loving the BlackBerry world, the Android phones might be what it takes me to pull me away. The Storm 2, as much as I want it, makes me think I might get left behind. Not because it's bad hardware, but because the OS seems to be pretty stale and archiac.

Then on the other hand... I trust Google with my data and information about as much as I do Microsoft. <shudder>

It looks like VZW/RIM are just going to try and saturate the market with everything they have.
    10-06-09 03:38 PM
    I'm definitely gonna take a good look at the sholes

10-06-09 09:37 PM
    so what are the pros & cons of android?

10-06-09 10:08 PM
    wow i love blackberry and everything, but, i will be upgrading in december and looks like i'll have a lot of choices to choose from! lol
    10-07-09 01:24 AM
    I'm definitely going to take a good look at the Sholes/Tao/Droid when it comes out.

I was hoping for a release before black Friday though.
    I'm definitely gonna take a good look at the sholes

wow i love blackberry and everything, but, i will be upgrading in december and looks like i'll have a lot of choices to choose from! lol
    If any of you haven't seen the Sholes and it's specifications, here it is:

* OMAP3430 � 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
    * Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
    * Weight 169 g
    * Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
    * Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
    * 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854�480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
    * 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
    * microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
    * Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
    * Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
    * Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
    * Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
    * GPS navigation
    * Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MicroSD memory card and other literature.
    10-07-09 04:34 PM
    wow!!!!! i wonder how much it'll be!?

and will it have flash for the camera??
    10-07-09 04:38 PM
    more pics!

looks like it might have a flash??
    10-07-09 04:43 PM
    Oh wow didnt know the Sholes had a OMAP3
    10-07-09 04:47 PM
    Its release date for the droid is oct 30th. I will be first in line. I am tired of BB outdated os. This is freah

10-07-09 04:51 PM
    Its release date for the droid is oct 30th. I will be first in line. I am tired of BB outdated os. This is freah

Where did you hear that, because im pretty sure i havent heard anything other than Dec 1st
    10-07-09 04:52 PM
    Where did you hear that, because im pretty sure i havent heard anything other than Dec 1st
    apparently yesterday morning at a press conference it wasn't specifically mentioned but the verizon emperor was holding one while the google emperor was holding a hero and they said those were two android devices verizon was releasing "in the next few weeks"

10-07-09 05:46 PM
    apparently yesterday morning at a press conference it wasn't specifically mentioned but the verizon emperor was holding one while the google emperor was holding a hero and they said those were two android devices verizon was releasing "in the next few weeks"

I just dug around and BGR said its the Hero coming sometime in November. Although the exact quote said "several weeks" for releasing new devices. As far i know the Sholes is still on track for a December 1st release. Now if the Hero drops sooner before the Sholes, poor Storm its gonna not be very pretty.
    10-07-09 05:53 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD