Is it possible to connect my Motorola S9 headset to my laptop to use for when watching movies, listining to music, ect.? If so, how do I do this? I know I'll need the bluetooth USB thing which I have, but I'm not sure what else I'll need to do.
    01-01-09 12:09 PM
    Yes it is possible. All you need is the bluetooth dongle. Once you plug it in open up your stack program, pair up the device using the "Bluetooth AV Service" and windows should automatically figure out that you want to stream the music to your headsets. I use this for movies, music, browsing the net etc =).
    01-01-09 02:38 PM
    Thanks! I'm going to get one of those BlueTooth USB dongle and hopefully it'll work! Is any particular dongle better than the other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 05:37 PM
    I don't really have any preferences. I got myself one of those thin ones but the only complaint I have is that it can break since its so thin, i'm on my second one and it seems like its dying soon too =/...

I've used the adapter that comes with the logitech mx 5000 set and that worked fine. Microsoft bt adapters that came with uh. Can't remember which set did not work with the S9 though.

I've also ordered a Kensington bt adapter so we'lll see how that goes.
    01-01-09 11:36 PM
    The one I'm looking at ordering is made by Belkin. I know they do a great job on their computer and a/v cables so I am assuming that this will be reliable as well...

01-02-09 12:24 AM
    Yes it is possible. All you need is the bluetooth dongle. Once you plug it in open up your stack program, pair up the device using the "Bluetooth AV Service" and windows should automatically figure out that you want to stream the music to your headsets. I use this for movies, music, browsing the net etc =).
    Are you saying that on your laptop, you can hear the soundtrack of videos over bluetooth and you do NOT have lip-sync issues? I know that I canNOT use my S9's with my BB 8830 for video - just does not work.
    01-02-09 09:44 AM
    I have owned an S9 for some time now and it worked with every Berry I have owned without any issues. The stereo quality and battery life is incredible.

01-02-09 09:51 AM
    Are you saying that on your laptop, you can hear the soundtrack of videos over bluetooth and you do NOT have lip-sync issues? I know that I canNOT use my S9's with my BB 8830 for video - just does not work.
    That is correct. I've since upgraded to the S9-HD and continue to have flawless issues.

The 8830 might not be powerful enough to stream bt audio from videos. I couldn't do it with my 8310 (I thought I could, posted that I could but turns out I was mistaken). I know I defintely can since upgrading to the 8900 though =).

Here's a sample video of the S9-HD headset paired with the laptop viewing a clip from The Big Bang Theory.

http://www.van-huynh.com/bbf/s9-hd/test.3GP

*Edit: Recorded with the 8900 =).
    01-02-09 10:38 AM
    Is there any way to add more bass to the S9 sound? On my Curve 8900, it just has too much treble and not enough bass. The built-in equalization options for plug-in headsets don't work with Bluetooth headsets.
    07-07-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD