I've read the review of this unit here on Crackberry.com
    Now I'm seriously thinking about picking up this unit.

My question is this..
    Does the headset have a mic to pick up conversations when in the phone mode?
    The review says that it works well but where is the mic.?

I'd like to use the headset to listen to music but don't want to remove it to answer the phone.

Can anyone chime in here?
    Thanks
    Kiel
    10-15-07 04:09 PM
    The mic is in the left ear. So, you will not have to remove the headset to talk. On a side note, the phone calls are typically in the left ear only, just in case you were expecting to hear phone calls in stereo. Hope this helps. SEEYA!
    11-06-07 08:02 AM
    For your first post, it was an excellent one, Wedge!

Ps: Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    11-06-07 08:05 AM
    I often wondered about those headsets!
    Thanks for the info!
    11-06-07 08:43 AM
    I purchased one and it fried in the first two weeks. I use it while running on a treadmill and a little sweat took it right out. For the price it should be able to stand up. Not a piece of equipment for the health minded individual.
    11-16-07 09:22 AM
    I love the S9's, on the 8830.

Well, UNTIL LAST WEEK.

I decided I'd hook them up to my laptop. NOW, I can't get any of the audio functions when I connect the 8830! Anyone know why this would be? I have tried everything I can think of, and I've seen online, but I can't get any more than HF.

Please help me!
    11-20-07 12:09 PM
    m having the same problem i can use it for phone calls but not music
    12-22-07 06:48 AM
    How come, my friend's S9 works fine on his Pearl?
    12-22-07 09:53 AM
    For me, I just picked it up...Great headset...when I am inside. As soon as I step outdoors, the music cuts out and is unbearable...anybody else have the same issue?
    12-27-07 05:03 PM
    For me, I just picked it up...Great headset...when I am inside. As soon as I step outdoors, the music cuts out and is unbearable...anybody else have the same issue?
    Are you bringing the phone outside with you as well?
    12-28-07 03:17 PM
    I have experieinced the same problem... I walk outside, from my car to my house, or to a store... it breaks up badly... I get inside and it works great... today I lost the use of the audio player.. it just quit... I have no idea why... I cannot get it to work anymore... I have tried everything... deleting the device and re-installing... everything I can think of... But only the earpiece for the phone will work now????
    12-29-07 02:00 AM
    Yes the phone is in its holster on the belt I am wearing.
    12-29-07 12:27 PM
    the S9 pairs up with my 8130 just fine, and I can listen to audiobooks through the headset, but not music. Not through the 8130 media player nor through the dollars 5 version for this phone.

Anyone have any ideas?
    12-29-07 09:50 PM
    ok folks..here is how to get your motorokr s9 to work with your 8830 again. if you tired to pair with ur s9 and your getting a "waiting signal" your 8830 is not pairing with u s9..so here is wat to do...turn off the s9....then take out the battery from your 8830 and leave it out for 45 secs....then put the battery back in and boot up....then turn on your s9 by pressing and holding the power button till u get a solid blue light. then just go into your 8830 bluetooth menu and pair and it should work....this is wat i did and it worked for me...good luck
    12-30-07 06:33 PM
    The battery pull is what finally worked for me to play music through the S9s.
    12-31-07 08:52 AM
    Im not very encouraged by these posts about getting the S9.
    01-18-08 09:31 PM
    i have one. it works fine with me.
    01-19-08 01:06 AM
    ok folks..here is how to get your motorokr s9 to work with your 8830 again. if you tired to pair with ur s9 and your getting a "waiting signal" your 8830 is not pairing with u s9..so here is wat to do...turn off the s9....then take out the battery from your 8830 and leave it out for 45 secs....then put the battery back in and boot up....then turn on your s9 by pressing and holding the power button till u get a solid blue light. then just go into your 8830 bluetooth menu and pair and it should work....this is wat i did and it worked for me...good luck
    Am I missing something? I still can't get the dang thing to play music. I'm almost ready to throw them in the trash. I can place and receive calls through the S9, but I can't get a damn tune to play! ARRGGHHHH!!!!!
    01-31-08 11:42 PM
    Anyone having trouble/questions with it cutting in/out, I've posted a related thread in the accessories forum.
    02-01-08 01:43 AM
    Am I missing something? I still can't get the dang thing to play music. I'm almost ready to throw them in the trash. I can place and receive calls through the S9, but I can't get a damn tune to play! ARRGGHHHH!!!!!
    When I paired mine the other day, it came up with a few options shown including music and normal. I really don't recall what it said at the time but it was unlike the pairing with just a bluetooth ear piece. Ah, when I just turned on the s9, it showed 3 things: handsfree, stereo audio and a/v control (or something!). And I believe when I first paired it, it showed something similar. I have an 8830. I believe you need appropriately updated OS to enable the stereo (music??) function.

Cutting out

I've only used mine once or twice so far. The other day while on a treadmill walking 3.3mph (not jogging), it did cut out a few times and I could not figure out if it was the tilt of my head or something else. While on another device, sitting, it never cut out - stations were about 10 feet apart.

Could it be due to interference with a cordless phone (2.4mhz)???

-----------------------

Reliability issues:

I tried purchasing from Verizon due to their corporate discount but they apparently have stopped carrying it (at least, locally) due to return issues. So there may be quality control issues or it really is not up to wet/sweat and exercise routines!!!
    02-01-08 11:02 AM
    my boyfriend has an S9 and I HATE IT!!! ... it always sounds like he is in a tunnel talking to me and some of the worst static I've ever heard ... But on his end he says everything sounds great.
    02-01-08 11:17 AM
    When I paired mine the other day, it came up with a few options shown including music and normal. I really don't recall what it said at the time but it was unlike the pairing with just a bluetooth ear piece. Ah, when I just turned on the s9, it showed 3 things: handsfree, stereo audio and a/v control (or something!). And I believe when I first paired it, it showed something similar. I have an 8830. I believe you need appropriately updated OS to enable the stereo (music??) function.
    Of course, the more I read from this site, I soon understood that the S9 works with the 8800, but only as a phone headset device. (Cellxpo.com gave me mis-information) The music streaming isn't supported as of yet. As you stated, the updated OS 4.3.0 is SUPPOSED to support A2DP and that should solve my problem. I'm crossing my fingers.

my boyfriend has an S9 and I HATE IT!!! ... it always sounds like he is in a tunnel talking to me and some of the worst static I've ever heard ... But on his end he says everything sounds great.
    The sound is probably strange to you because the S9's phone speaker is located outside the right ear bud and as it is built, it's slightly enclosed in small part by the over-the-ear support arm.

Although, to this very day, there isn't one standout, ultra-must have bluetooth stereo headset that is going to make EVERYONE happy. It's as if manufacturers haven't taken bluetooth users very seriously.
    02-01-08 06:13 PM
    I will admit to MOMENTARILY owning two BT stereo headsets.

I've got the Moto S9 (bestbuy) which I wanted to workouts that will otherwise be pretty boring.

But I also am trying out the LG xxx200 which Verizon now carries in a relabeled package. It is heavier than the S9 and fits looser. It is more EARMUFF with larger foam cushions. It also cradles the back of the head. While in some respects it might be more comfortable, it tends to feel REAR heavy. I'm also not sure I want soggy foam cradling my ears during a workout, although they might not be absorbent.

I have to admit that I am not looking for pristine sound while doing treadmilling or whatever. I just wanted wireless and reasonable.

I really would have preferred purchasing the S9 from Verizon for the discounted price but BestBuy did have some $$$ off this week.

I think that the LG's are going back so I hope the S9's hold up.

Oh, one other thing - the LG's have yet another proprietary charger connector (maybe it matches their phones). I've already got that with the darn Jawbone.
    02-01-08 06:23 PM
    Had the issue of the media player not working any longer. (was out throwing snow -10F) and about an hour into clearing snow it just blipped out. temp may have been an issue.
    But after removing my BB battery (BBB) it works fine again. I have had them over 3 weeks and like them alot; as in there is not many options yet & the s9 is one of the better options.
    02-11-08 03:48 PM
    Grrr. S9 worked well enough for mp3 audio on my 8310 straight off. VERY disappointed that it will not stream the audio played while watching video files. I like to watch music videos, tv caps, etc., and want to be able to get the video files' audio to stream to my S9. Am i missing something? Why in the &$*! doesn't it just work as if I'd plugged in a plain stereo headset like it does with my pc? Is this an 8310/v4.2 limitation? Is it the phone integration? Didn't even know these had mics until I bought it. Just wanted a good wireless stereo headset for mp3 audio and mp4 video-audio.
    Also, I sometimes listen to podcasts that may as well be mono. I'd like to convenience of listening to mp3 audio via my H9 earbud. Won't let me do that either. Don't know if these are limitations, or maybe design preferences [assumtions] for device types, but I sure would like to be able to get a wrench in there and send audio to what I tell it to, when I tell it to.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    02-22-08 08:40 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD