I just got the Bluetooth S9 Headset to listen to music wirelessly (is that a word?) while working out and stuff. It worked great for a couple of days but now my music doesn't come through the headset any longer. It comes out of the phone speaker, even though it shows connected. The function buttons on the headset still operate all the music and phone controls and I also still get phone audio on the headset, but no stereo music from the media files. Its like everything is working but the audio from the media files.

Does anyone have any expierience with this?
    12-29-07 10:50 PM
    hmmm... does sound odd, I would try deleting and pairing the S9 again.
    12-30-07 07:59 AM
    Even thouigh they say it is waterproof,if you used them while working out,your sweat could have shorted them,just a possibility.
    12-30-07 08:14 AM
    Hosetoter, at least it worked for you for a few days. I've been unable to get the S9 to play music files at all! When I choose Bluetooth in the mediaplayer, I get an endless "waiting for Motorola S9" message, so there's some kind of communication that's not happening here. Wish I knew how to fix it! The headset is otherwise great for phone calls, but that's not what I bought it for.
    12-30-07 10:03 AM
    Hosetoter, I finally got the S9's working. Did you try a battery pull (this seemed to be the key for me)? Also, make sure you haven't accidentally clicked the music option off with the middle button on the (wearer's) right earpiece.
    12-30-07 12:56 PM
    I think that you should delete MotoS9 profile from Bluetooth list. After that do battery pull. Then try to pair them again...

But like castlerock said you could make some short surcut with sweat while working out. I have done this on my after 2 weeks of usage. But they change them cos they're under warrents...

So if nothing help try to pair then with other A2DP device and if you have same problem use your warrenty...
    12-30-07 01:05 PM
    ...It worked great for a couple of days but now my music doesn't come through the headset any longer. It comes out of the phone speaker, even though it shows connected...Its like everything is working but the audio from the media files.

Does anyone have any expierience with this?
    Same thing happened to me today. My S9 worked beautifully since Christmas Day until today. I noticed that when my 8830 paired with the headset, only the "Handsfree" profile had a green check mark by it. I tried about a dozen times to get the stereo profile to work, but nothing.

In previous days, "Handsfree", "Stereo Audio" and A/V "Remote Control" were all checked green.

Interestingly, I decided to try to reconnect while writing this and...it worked. All three features checked green. So go figure.

BTW, I am on software version 4.2.2.148 (Platform 3.0.0.67), which I think is the very latest version, and I am on the Verizon network.

Maybe this is a quirk with the headsets themselves and not BlackBerry?
    12-30-07 08:36 PM
    While showing off my new headsets today with my music on the BlackBerry (my work phone), it wouldn't work, but for grins I pulled out my Moto Q (my personal phone) and it worked fine.

I've only had my BlackBerry for about two weeks and I'm really trying to get in to the whole BB culture after hearing so many good things about it. Thanks to all the good posts on this site for helping me to understand it.
    12-30-07 08:41 PM
    Thanks. I knew we'd figure it out on here.

The battery pull and pairing all over fixed everything! Now I am all of a sudden cool again.
    01-01-08 12:27 PM
    I'm glad to hear everyone got their problems fixed. I hope to obtain a pair of S9's when the new OS comes out for my pearl.
    01-01-08 12:40 PM
    Okay...here's my rundown on the S9 with my 8830:

~ running version 4.2.2.176 (most recent 8830 OS)

~ works perfectly with call audio and music audio

~ has no support for video audio (I've read that because of the wireless delay, the audio would not be synchronized with the video so this is not supported. have not tried a media player other than the built in media player

~ is very comfortable even for a girl with long hanging hair

~ extremely comfortable and very concealed

~ Does not automatically resume music; instead user has to hit play on the right ear, which is not bad

~ I'm at least getting 4 hours of talk time. I know this because on a completed charge, i've used it for a total of 4 hours (my commute everyday) and I'm yet to get an indication to charge.

~ works great when you need to tune people out without them knowing it!

my verdict, if you have an updated 8830 and was questioning these...GO GET EM'

good day, fellow crackberry'ers
    01-11-08 09:21 AM
    Pulling the battery works. SPECIAL NOTE - This means pulling the battery from the PHONE not the S9!!!!!!! I just cussed out Motorola support because no one would tell me how to pull the battery.
    Last edited by Hawk313; 06-05-08 at 03:51 PM. Reason: wrong info
    06-05-08 02:39 PM
    I got the S9 a day early for fathers day, brought it home, charged it up 'till the light turned green, went through the setup process and it worked great!!! For about 1 song! I went through the process a multitude of times, and finally took it to the AT&T store for help. They quickly exhausted their troubleshooting abilities, and at one point told me the 8310 does not support A2DP, they then called their tech support, and gave me a new one to replace the old one(The old one by this time was about 4 hrs. old). Brought the new one home, charged it up for 2 hrs. Same problem! Merde!!! Found this thread, deleted the S9 connection, pulled the battery from the BB for 5 minutes, re-acquired the S9 and it now works great! Pink Floyd unplugged!!! Life is good!

Thanks again for a great forum.

Arfbot
    06-15-08 12:49 AM
    I had the same problem where I could not hear the music, only the phone audio. Pulling the battery fromo the phone and resetting the bluetooth connection did the trick. Thank you!!
    06-26-08 01:28 PM
    Pulling the battery works. SPECIAL NOTE - This means pulling the battery from the PHONE not the S9!!!!!!! I just cussed out Motorola support because no one would tell me how to pull the battery.
    ROFLMAO! That's just too funny.
    06-26-08 01:36 PM
    thanks to everyone. This frustrated me for a few days, but the delete device and battery remove for hard-boot worked perfectly. I am still learning the nuiances of this BB, but seems like they have some bugs like the ipod, which requires an occasional reboot.

No matter how good we as programmer's are, guess we can't catch everything. Just wanted to say thanks and echo other comments...

IT WORKS!!!!
    07-09-08 09:24 PM
    How's the range on yours? If outside walking, mine skip badly unless I put my phone around on the back of my pants. I guess the 8130's bluetooth transmitter is pretty weak. My old phone, a PPC-6700 worked great with bluetooth devices but the pearl suffers skipping if not within 2ft. I've tried with 4 different headsets and two different pearls, same thing happens.
    07-09-08 09:34 PM
    the range for me (motorola s9 and BB8310 curve) is good. I use it both inside and outside. can get a good 20+ feet away and still perfect reception.

may try in different locations/conditions and see if you can figure out what works best?
    07-09-08 09:46 PM
    How's the range on yours? If outside walking, mine skip badly unless I put my phone around on the back of my pants. I guess the 8130's bluetooth transmitter is pretty weak. My old phone, a PPC-6700 worked great with bluetooth devices but the pearl suffers skipping if not within 2ft. I've tried with 4 different headsets and two different pearls, same thing happens.
    I'm having the same problem with the 8310. When I put the phone in my pants pocket and go for a fast walk it cuts in and out. Very anoying. If I slow down it's not as bad. I was thinking it must be the receiver in the headset but if you have tried 4 headset I guess that not the problem.
    07-25-08 12:23 PM
    Great site guys. I just purchased a set of these S9's off ebay and was pissed when they wouldnt work the after the second day. I found this thread and they work fine again.
    09-06-08 11:29 AM
    It sounds like everyone is having issues with connectivity, but many are being resolved, but NOBODY has mentioned my biggest problem with the S9. I continually lose reception while working out. If I have my phone in my pocket I lose reception. The only way to work out and hear music is to hold my phone in my hand...which is ridiculous.
    01-16-09 06:47 AM
    FYI - Storm 9530 OS .75 was the last OS that included bluetooth stereo. It is not in .85 or .86.

I'm back to .75
    01-17-09 08:13 PM
    It sounds like everyone is having issues with connectivity, but many are being resolved, but NOBODY has mentioned my biggest problem with the S9. I continually lose reception while working out. If I have my phone in my pocket I lose reception. The only way to work out and hear music is to hold my phone in my hand...which is ridiculous.
    I have the same problem it cuts in and out very badly when I am outside. Works great indoors. Its almost unusable outside which defeats the whole purpose. If I hold it in my hand its better but why is Bluetooth technology so poorly implemented.
    04-25-09 09:09 AM
    Dont feel bad about the cut outs... I get this on my storm so unbearable with my s9-hd's that I purchased an altec lansing backbeat 903 and guess what... still frickin skipping and cutting out.

it's got to be the device bluetooth. Especially since both devices work 100% perfect on my sons LG env touch.

Damm, it's upsetting!
    09-10-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD