I have a battery charger from my old no good pile o motorola %#$@*&!@ phone that has the same type of usb connector like the BB. Will it work to charge my BB? If so I don't need to buy a car charger or anything hehe.
    03-06-08 06:29 AM
    i used my BB charger to charge a motorola H700 BT headset.. and i used the headset charger on my pearl... it worked as well..
    i currently use a generic mini usb type car charger for my BB, it also works.
    03-06-08 07:02 AM
    Ihave a Motorola V3 charger but it won't charge my Curve or hubby's Pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 07:05 AM
    My motorola charger works for my blackberry.

03-06-08 07:19 AM
    I was able to use the old Motorola charger from my Krzr to charge my Pearl.
    03-06-08 07:27 AM
    I have a charger from an old SLVR that seems to work just fine on my BB.

03-06-08 07:42 AM
    My charger from my old razr does charge my pearl. I think that's the first time anything from that razr has been good for anything! Lol

03-06-08 08:07 AM
    Mine doesn't seem to work all that great. It seems as if the status of the battery doesnt change. it shows its plugged in but doesnt budge.
    03-06-08 08:14 AM
    I asked this question of the genius at my local Radio Shack and his answer was that the motorolas ans bbs had different pin configurations. Now given my experience with this particular employee in the past, there's a 50% chance he's wrong.

03-06-08 11:31 AM
    ok...here's the thing...

a mini usb will fit in a mini usb slot...

however...not alldevices have the same battery amperage...and not all chargers are designed to charge the same amount...based on the battery they are charging...

therefore...it may work to charge your device...but you MAY shorten the life of your battery if you do so...

-db
    03-06-08 11:38 AM
    My Motorola charger works for my BB, but the BB charger does not work on my Motorola. Go figure!!
    03-06-08 12:03 PM
    ok...here's the thing...

a mini usb will fit in a mini usb slot...

however...not alldevices have the same battery amperage...and not all chargers are designed to charge the same amount...based on the battery they are charging...

therefore...it may work to charge your device...but you MAY shorten the life of your battery if you do so...

-db
    thats true. but "total equipment protection".. free battery from sprint should i need it
    03-06-08 02:10 PM
    I'm still using my old RAZR charger. Wife is using her old SLVR charger. The car charger we bought 2 yrs. ago works also.
    We never took our chargers out of the BB boxes. Still wrapped in plastic.
    Both of us have new 8100 Pearls.
    03-06-08 09:54 PM
    it should work with any standard USB 2.0 compliant charging device or (pc) cable really. as the blackberry adheres to the standard pretty well.
    03-06-08 11:25 PM
    It works without problem.
    03-07-08 06:22 AM
    Motorolas seem to be more finicky about chargers. They won't always charge using non Motorola chargers, but their chargers work on most mini USB devices.

03-07-08 07:25 AM
    I asked these same questions since I was using a V3 charger for my Curve.. I was scared it was gonna mess my battery up!

03-07-08 12:09 PM
    omg i love you guys! my phone chargers broken so i charge it in my car only been broken for a week but i read these and i just tried my motorola charger andd it works!!!! thank you!
    03-07-08 06:49 PM
    I read the volts and amps and other numbers from my pebl charger and it was the same. So I use the car charger from that old p.o.s. for my BB just fine.

03-07-08 10:32 PM
    i have battery from my 8100, can i use the battery in my 8130. Thanks to anyone who may have an answer. They appear to be the same battery.
    03-07-08 11:25 PM
    I still use my old RAZR car charger since it's authentic Motorola and I'm too cheap to buy a BB one. It seems to work, but only I use it when my BB is about to die. I do notice however, that is does run my battery down wayyy quicker than the regular RIM charger.
    03-07-08 11:47 PM
    Its a different voltage or something, the people at the tmo store told me when I bought the phone, not to try it with a motorola charger even though it fits it will kill my battery in the long run.

03-08-08 01:30 AM
    But then I have like 3 bb chargers (one for home, work and a spare one in the car for travel) plus a car charger.

03-08-08 01:32 AM
    Its a different voltage or something, the people at the tmo store told me when I bought the phone, not to try it with a motorola charger even though it fits it will kill my battery in the long run.

i take anything the reps tell me in a store with a grain of salt..
    "dont use that charger.. buy this $30 charger, or you will have problems"

But then I have like 3 bb chargers (one for home, work and a spare one in the car for travel) plus a car charger.

i use my pc to charge my BB, via usb cable, i have a generic $10 car charger that works great, and i have the wall charger that came with my BB.
    what makes me mad is at my job theres a ton of pc's with usb ports, but RIM felt the need to only allow the BB to charge via USB if the RIM softwares installed on the pc.. that gets a big thumbs down from me. also not being able to use it as a quick and dirty flash drive without the software installed to.
    03-08-08 04:35 AM
    I am a manager with AT&T, and true, the moto charger will charge BB's however it will eventually ruin your batery. it will drastically cut your battery life over time.
    03-10-08 12:50 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD