I am a manager with AT&T, and true, the moto charger will charge BB's however it will eventually ruin your batery. it will drastically cut your battery life over time.
    Do you have any hard data to back this claim up?
    03-14-08 12:02 PM
    hello, even though im new to the forums, i am a T-mobile rep and have lots of experiance with phones.

Granted motorola chargers will charge your batter, their could be some side effects.

Personal experiance/ and customer experiance (what they tell me)

It uses differnt frequency, voltage, amps and all that good stuff.

I have had people use it with no problem.
    I have had many people say it shortens the battery life.
    (also remember to not over charge your phone, onces its full battery take it off the charger.)
    I have also heard that it even made some blackberrys malfunction.

However, its really up to you.

One year Factory warrenty (for tmobile) so u can get a new battery if something do happens.

I always recommend getting the Data device chargers, instead of buying a cheap one from walmart, or useing a differnt brand of charger.

(If you buy a Universal Portable Charger (A Portable Device that uses AA batteries to charger your phone, with various of cables to charge all types of phone), their is a reason they give you a motorola charger adapter, and a Data cable adapter.)

Data chargers are made for a reason, to charge Data phones of course =P. However its really up to you.
    Last edited by jimho228; 03-14-08 at 12:33 PM.
    03-14-08 12:23 PM
    My motorola car charger charges my Curve with no problems.
    03-14-08 12:24 PM
    ok...here's the thing...

a mini usb will fit in a mini usb slot...

however...not alldevices have the same battery amperage...and not all chargers are designed to charge the same amount...based on the battery they are charging...

therefore...it may work to charge your device...but you MAY shorten the life of your battery if you do so...

-db
    def something im not willing to compromise!! i also had a v3 razr but i gave all my accessories to a friend in need! my car charger, house charger everything except the darn stupid razr! i kept having problems with that thing's battery life that i decided to take extra special precautions with my bb!
    03-14-08 01:07 PM
    Old Motorola chargers (ie. Pre-Motorola RAZR V8/V9) should work in any device with the same connection - this includes (among other things) most Microsoft Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices, as well as many bluetooth headsets and GPS receivers...

I currently use the same two chargers (house and car) for my Research in Motion (RIM) BlackBerry Curve 8300, Dopod 838Pro (also known as the "i-mate JasJam", "HTC TyTN/HTC Hermes"), bluetooth GPS receiver, BlueAnt Supertooth Lite car-kit and Motorola bluetooth headset!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 12:40 AM

(also remember to not over charge your phone, onces its full battery take it off the charger.)
    first welcome to the forum

second.. for my pearl, it cant be overcharged as once it hits 100% it stops the charge and just uses it for primary power untill disconnected from the cable.

our BB's are smart phones remember

cheers
    03-15-08 01:21 AM
    The BlackBerry Curve 8300 also stops charging once its battery is full...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 05:30 AM
    This should answer the question:

h*ttps://www.thriftycomputer.com/product/Motorola-Blackbery-USB-Mini-Wall-Charger.html
    12-31-08 12:51 PM
    I had a similar problem with a Motorola charger. I could only use the Motorola charger for the Motorola phone and the BlackBerry charger for the BlackBerry - even though they both used mini USB.

Why do we need standardization when you can't interchange them?
    01-01-09 01:50 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD