Hey everyone,
    I posted a reply to this thread:
    hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f42/motorokr-s9-hd-doesn-t-work-storm-121201/#post1695939 [can't post links yet]
    about problems I've been having with the Motorokr S9-HD with the storm, and since I have not found any results in my searches (the search function wasn't working for me actually, but eye-balling it didn't turn up anything).

So here's the deal:
    I bought the S9-HD two weeks ago, and since then it's been connecting quickly, and looking sweet, but having horrible problems with skipping. It's not related to me moving my head or the Storm; I can shake either violently without it skipping. So it seems unrelated to physical motions. I'm assuming it's a problem with the Bluetooth, as when I use my Bose headphones there is no skipping at all. So it's not on the Storm's side, at least if it is the problem could be the Storm's Bluetooth. I purchased the S9-HD from the store here, and I don't know about the return policy but I think I still have the box. I'm going to do all I can to try to fix them but this is just ridiculous to me; I spent $100 on a high definition stereo headset, and it skips. I'm an audiophile at heart, and so I'm loving the sound quality, but that's just between skips and silences that can last several seconds, after which I think it's off but then the music will start again but further along in the track.

If you have any idea what I could do to fix this problem, whether trying to mess around with the OS (although if you could give me specific instructions as I'm an utter noob and don't even know how to find what OS I have as the search function isn't working here for me), all the way to sending it back, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know.

-Brian
    02-17-09 01:12 PM
    I'm having same problem- Hoping next software version from Verizon will resolve
    02-20-09 08:56 AM
    Does anyone know of a fix?
    I really don't want to wait... sigh
    02-23-09 05:32 PM
    This is a problem with the headphones, I think the bluetooth radio receiver is weak. If I have the phone in the case on my side it will cut out once in a while but if the phone is on a table behind me they work great. Line of sight and short distance is key for good reception.
    02-26-09 10:10 AM
    Having similar problems. Does not happen with any other BT headsets, just this one. A waste of $100 since they only partially work like they are supposed to.
    03-11-09 09:49 PM
    I am glad I found this, I too am having the same issue with the S9-HD, except I have a BB Pearl 8130. I have not even found this issue on Motorola's site and assumed it was my Pearl
    03-15-09 02:12 PM
    i have the same problem. the quality of signal is good when im inside a building walking around(ex:my school) but when i go outside for a quick break it starts to skip or signal could be at loss.
    03-18-09 07:57 PM
    Exact same problem here with no solution. Thinking of trying to sell them on ebay and get a different set. Any suggestions for a good headset?
    03-24-09 11:04 PM
    It is the phone I have used them with my other phones and the work fine.
    03-29-09 10:04 AM
    i dont know how people can deal with the s9. it has given a few other phones some compatibility hassles before. i would try to contact the tech support for the headset and see if you can get any assistance or reimbursement for your headaches!
    03-29-09 08:13 PM
    I'm having problems with this as well on the none HD version. Is anyone having luck with these headphones? If not can anyone think of another pair that looks similar?
    03-30-09 07:50 AM
    Hey everyone,
    I posted a reply to this thread:
    hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f42/motorokr-s9-hd-doesn-t-work-storm-121201/#post1695939 [can't post links yet]
    about problems I've been having with the Motorokr S9-HD with the storm, and since I have not found any results in my searches (the search function wasn't working for me actually, but eye-balling it didn't turn up anything).

So here's the deal:
    I bought the S9-HD two weeks ago, and since then it's been connecting quickly, and looking sweet, but having horrible problems with skipping. It's not related to me moving my head or the Storm; I can shake either violently without it skipping. So it seems unrelated to physical motions. I'm assuming it's a problem with the Bluetooth, as when I use my Bose headphones there is no skipping at all. So it's not on the Storm's side, at least if it is the problem could be the Storm's Bluetooth. I purchased the S9-HD from the store here, and I don't know about the return policy but I think I still have the box. I'm going to do all I can to try to fix them but this is just ridiculous to me; I spent $100 on a high definition stereo headset, and it skips. I'm an audiophile at heart, and so I'm loving the sound quality, but that's just between skips and silences that can last several seconds, after which I think it's off but then the music will start again but further along in the track.

If you have any idea what I could do to fix this problem, whether trying to mess around with the OS (although if you could give me specific instructions as I'm an utter noob and don't even know how to find what OS I have as the search function isn't working here for me), all the way to sending it back, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know.

-Brian
    I have the storm and the s9 and they are not compatible. I'm so upset I an trying everything and cannot find a solution yet please help.
    05-19-09 03:45 PM
    I have the storm and the s9 and they are not compatible. I'm so upset I an trying everything and cannot find a solution yet please help.
    Put your phone in your back pocket when outdoors. It works for me. I have a friend who says it doesn't work for him. Try it out and see.
    05-27-09 10:33 PM
    i have the same unit sitting on my fridge collecting dust. I have to keep my phone clipped to my back pocket or else it continually 'skips'...i purchased it at a Telus shop and didn't see the no return policy on in-ear units. (of course it was sitting at the other end of a 15ft counter)

Too bad, it's a nice unit but just doesn't work with my Curve.
    05-29-09 03:01 PM
    works great as a bluetooth but i got to listen to music on the motorcycle. am i missing a step?
    07-31-09 09:33 AM
    works great as a bluetooth but i got to listen to music on the motorcycle. am i missing a step?
    Which app are you using to play the mp3,s. In most apps you have to go into the menu and select your output type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:42 AM
    I have a storm...HD set and Verizon.... no problems at all
    08-27-09 05:25 PM
    Here is my issue, in the middle of my run, my headphone volume will either INCREASE or DECREASE for no reason whats so ever. I cannot figure it out. I do not touch the volume control on either the headphones or the telephone. The only thing that I can think of is there might be a short in the wiring. The problem only occurrs about 20- 25 minutes into my run, when I am sweating. Once the volume is up to the maximum or down the minimum, I cannot change the volume setting....Anyone have any suggestions????
    03-05-10 03:53 PM
    Here is my issue, in the middle of my run, my headphone volume will either INCREASE or DECREASE for no reason whats so ever. I cannot figure it out. I do not touch the volume control on either the headphones or the telephone. The only thing that I can think of is there might be a short in the wiring. The problem only occurrs about 20- 25 minutes into my run, when I am sweating. Once the volume is up to the maximum or down the minimum, I cannot change the volume setting....Anyone have any suggestions????
    03-05-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD