What Research In Motion should do is adopt Android (much like Amazon did with the Kindle Fire) and keep their popular services and hardware.

BlackBerry 10 is yet another step in a long line of steps by Research In Motion in the wrong direction.

Adopting Android would allow BlackBerry to take advantage of the Google Play marketplace and its 450,000 apps, and the Google services which are either better than what BlackBerry currently has to offer or something BlackBerry doesn�t offer at all.

BlackBerry & Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert - AAPL, GOOG, NOK, RIMM - Foolish Blogging Network
    05-10-12 09:52 AM
    Another fool analysis.
    So leave their own OS and join the bandwagon of fragmentation??
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-10-12 09:56 AM
    There's one born every minute. Lol.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 10:07 AM
    I think if they went that route that would be the nail in the coffin because RIM does not have anything special to differentiate itself from all the other android manufacturers so staying with their own OS is smarter since then they are only competing with themselves, which they have a hard enough time doing as it is.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-10-12 10:52 AM
    Stupidest article ever to appear on Motley Fool, and they've had some doozies. Author is clearly clueless ... about a great many things. As are most of their 'analysts'.
    05-10-12 12:06 PM
    Hysterical! No clicks for the fool. The title says it all. RIM has chosen QNX and I chose RIM. EVERYONE with a PB could have chosen something else and they DID NOT.

I've used the other 2 big OSes. (I can't bring myself to name them and you know already what they are!)

Go RIM. Waiting patiently for BB10!
    05-10-12 02:11 PM
    Dont you dare click.
    That guy is Dead wrong.
    Heck even Android Fans would
    agree that would be a bad move
    for RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 03:45 PM
    Am I the only one who think fragmenting the RIM's phones won't be that bad? High secure RIM based OS for companies and governments while for consumers may be RIM should use Android?
    05-10-12 03:50 PM
    Re: Motley Fool Blog Network, I appreciate the truth in advertising.
    05-10-12 03:50 PM
    And Apple should abandon Mac OS and jump into the Windows clone market, since it has not overtaken Windows already...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-10-12 05:14 PM
    Uh I can safely say that if people wanted an Android like phone they'd be better off just buying a Full Android. BB NEEDS to be different.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD