I rather liked this article. Looks good for those in the long on BBRY

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...berry-out.aspx

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007, tjseaman and Lendo like this.
    07-24-13 11:05 AM
    Good read. Thanks

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 12:24 PM
    Good read. Thanks

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Good read overall.

There are still points like
    "As exciting as it is for BlackBerry to have a chance to drive subscriber growth from outside its ecosystem, investors shouldn't forget about the company's less-than-stellar smartphone turnaround efforts. Last quarter, only 40% of devices that shipped were of the freshly minted BlackBerry 10 variety, indicating that the company's turnaround efforts haven't thus far been well received."
    That seem to indicate they expected a 113% shift from legacy to BB10 overnight...
    07-24-13 12:28 PM
    thanks from a faithful long
    07-24-13 12:33 PM
    Good read overall.

There are still points like That seem to indicate they expected a 113% shift from legacy to BB10 overnight...
    You have to realize that many are still bearish on BBRY and they are only saying what is true about this competitive market. As much as you and I both know blackberry isn't going to change overnight, investors want numbers.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:44 PM
    You have to realize that many are still bearish on BBRY and they are only saying what is true about this competitive market. As much as you and I both know blackberry isn't going to change overnight, investors want numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Logic dictates that changes like this demand time. Numbers are pretty logical things. It's people that annoy me

People dealing with numbers should try to be logic and seriously, that's a blog. They spin things any way it works better for pagehits. And nothing works better than hitting on BlackBerry (See what I did here? ) As trueful as the main content of their article is, they still managed to add a "let's beat on 'RIM' some" pin to the article.
    07-24-13 05:11 PM
    Logic dictates that changes like this demand time. Numbers are pretty logical things. It's people that annoy me

People dealing with numbers should try to be logic and seriously, that's a blog. They spin things any way it works better for pagehits. And nothing works better than hitting on BlackBerry (See what I did here? ) As trueful as the main content of their article is, they still managed to add a "let's beat on 'RIM' some" pin to the article.
    I see what you mean, and as a blackberry lover and long investor I agree. I think that they are just trying to speak both camps, because in reality there are an extreme amount of investors that are shorting blackberry. With that said, the way the writer worded this was more of a statement to the shorts saying "I can see why you don't believe in blackberry's success because of x y and z"

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-24-13 05:29 PM
    Long, long live BB!!!!!

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-24-13 06:43 PM
    holy hell, 99 dollars annually, per device. even if this were to ONLY happen to 1,000,000 devices, which is an extremely low measure... the company stands to make 99,000,000 dollars that they didn't have before. Now if we could only get Thor to spend some of that on good advertising...
    diegonei likes this.
    07-24-13 09:37 PM
    Even with a price point closer to $50 per device it becomes a smart way to monetize the BlackBerry reputation and diversify the revenue stream. Thanks for the link OP.

Posted via CB10
    Stefan Blum likes this.
    07-25-13 07:02 PM
    Very interesting article. Time will tell. Maybe history will repeat itself and BlackBerry might successfully make a "come back" like Apple did from the verge of bankruptcy.
    Stefan Blum likes this.
    07-25-13 09:42 PM