People are talking like this is the only BB10 ad. It didn't need to show off or sell its features, its just needed to create buzz around BB10 so that people would pay attention to it. There is a large wave of advertising in print media, at stores, online, television, etc that is doing a better job at showing the phone. All it needed to do was shock the large audience, and by not showing off the phone, it shocked.
    it didnt shock though. the reaction outside of blackberry fans have been non existant.
    i've seen quite a few peoples opinions in the superbowl ads, and the blackberry one simply does not register on peoples radar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 12:06 PM
    it didnt shock though. the reaction outside of blackberry fans have been non existant.
    i've seen quite a few peoples opinions in the superbowl ads, and the blackberry one simply does not register on peoples radar.

Perhaps they meant it to be subliminal. I'm not sure how effective subliminal advertising is, but you never know.
    02-07-13 01:43 PM

Surely some people were shocked to find out BlackBerry's "not dead"?
    If you Google "blackberry superbowl commercial" under the news tab you should get over 800 hits.
    02-07-13 06:55 PM
    If most people missed the gist of the ad, who's fault is that?
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-07-13 07:02 PM
    I got it and while there were many better ads (sorry there was) I did like it but that samsung ad was the worst, not even funny like it was supposed to be.
    And to make matters even worse, that same cruddy commercial seems to be populated thru a great many YouTube videos right now, and you actually get to press Skip Ad right as Rogen says Samsung. I thought that commercial sucked. A whizzing contest teaming two uninteresting figures with lame ideas. *yawn*
    02-07-13 07:14 PM
    If you Google "blackberry superbowl commercial" under the news tab you should get over 800 hits.
    There are still people out there that think BlackBerry died two years ago.
    02-07-13 07:15 PM
    Plus it has 900K+ hits on YouTube right now. Not too shabby for an ad no one supposedly remembers or isn't talking about.
    02-07-13 07:46 PM
    Plus it has 900K+ hits on YouTube right now. Not too shabby for an ad no one supposedly remembers or isn't talking about.
    True, but I wonder how many of those hits were from users here.
    02-07-13 07:52 PM
    True, but I wonder how many of those hits were from users here.
    Some CB hits for sure, but plenty of comments from haters as well.
    02-07-13 08:17 PM
    I don't know if this has already been revealed through the posts, but it seems clear to me that the commercial was portraying the blackberry experience on the world. The guy is on fire like blackberry was when it was first launched, then blackberry became big (like an elephant) and was slow to move and change, then they disappeared (like a puff of smoke) from the popular mindset and reamearged from the sewers with the competition charging towards them, ready to roll them over for good until bb10 is released and reveals how foolish and non threatening those toys really are.

Good job Frank, let them think a little. I always loved the chics that were hard to get, it was always way more interesting, oh and great music too.
    02-07-13 08:52 PM
    I love these interpretations! :-) Yes, abwan11, I agree, this ad was designed to make people think and take a closer look. What I also got out of it is "BB makes you feel different and stand out from the crowd".
    02-07-13 09:41 PM
    Nobody missed the point OP. If you feel that it needs to be explained, then BBRY and you missed the point.
    02-07-13 11:17 PM
62 123