It wasn't to show off the phone, it was clear you can't do that in 30 seconds...it was also clear (to me) that they were intending to drive traffic to the website BlackBerry Z10 Experience to see what the Z10 CAN do...there is a very cool new BlackBerry experience up on that page now that ties in with your Facebook account to draw your own photos and friends into the phone's display so you can see what the experience would look like for you...clever in my opinion, given the constraints of the 30 seconds...Samsung's ad was 2 minutes, so obviously they were able to give it more zing.
    02-03-13 10:06 PM
    Could not agree more... sad so many do not actually understand marketing and advertizing...
    02-03-13 10:16 PM
    I checked out the commercial on the nfl.com website and it was ranked #1 amongst all commercials shown during the super bowl! (At least for me it was) So a lot of people thought it was very good
    02-03-13 10:18 PM
    Yep, spending all that money and 30 seconds to show nothing about the phone was such a bold move, yet people who don't get it say it was tame??
    It was a hilarious move if you ask me. Great way to generate buzz, which is the point of a superbowl ad.
    02-03-13 10:18 PM
    I liked it.. like said above, the concept seems missed on some folks. It was cheeky, almost kinda making fun of the superbowl ad nonsense because everyone knows you can't show off all the cool stuff on ANY phone in 30 secs. It created awareness and got people talking.. served its purpose in my opinion.
    02-03-13 10:23 PM
    How anyone can say the ad was tame is beyond me. They took the whole idea of a big ad and flipped it. Think about it, its 30 seconds showing nothing about the phone. I think (hope) more people will get it over time.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-13 10:25 PM
    It just not an ad that people are really going to remember; I am curious if there will be any kind of traffic site stats from the Z10 Experience page.
    02-03-13 10:26 PM
    Hmm...interesting...as of right now, the BlackBerry ad is ranked #1 on the NFL.com site, and it's not even close...more than twice the votes as #2

Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com
    02-03-13 10:29 PM
    I checked out the commercial on the nfl.com website and it was ranked #1 amongst all commercials shown during the super bowl! (At least for me it was) So a lot of people thought it was very good
    Do you have a link? I can't find it

EDIT - Never mind.... Found it. What's really cool is that it has almost double the votes than the next highest rated which is Coke. Also, on a side note, the Samsung commercial is in the negative
    02-03-13 10:29 PM

^^ The song was good
    02-03-13 10:30 PM
    Seems like most commercials these days have little to do with the product being advertised anymore. Of course when BlackBerry pulls something like that, they're doing it all wrong. They should have made a commercial that clearly states its advantages like this commercial:

02-03-13 10:32 PM
    Seems like most commercials these days have little to do with the product being advertised anymore. Of course when BlackBerry pulls something like that, they're doing it all wrong. They should have made a commercial that clearly states its advantages like this commercial:

It's a good thing you're not in charge. Seems that the fans have voted on NFL.com and you fall into the minority.
    02-03-13 10:36 PM
    I think he is on our side haha.
    02-03-13 10:37 PM
    It's a good thing you're not in charge. Seems that the fans have voted on NFL.com and you fall into the minority.
    NFL fans or CB fans? The goat commercial should have been #1!
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    02-03-13 10:38 PM
    Hopefully a bit of both ...I liked the goat commercial and the Taco Bell commercial personally
    02-03-13 10:40 PM
    I think he is on our side haha.
    Yes, I was being quite sarcastic. Haha. My point is, with how much information people receive through the internet, commercials aren't used to sell products anymore. They're used to raise awareness and direct people to where they can find more information.
    cjcampbell and jakie55 like this.
    02-03-13 10:41 PM
    My point is, with how much information people receive through the internet, commercials aren't used to sell products anymore. They're used to raise awareness and direct people to where they can find more information.
    Agreed...the point to be made is that the commercial was visually stimulating, to give enough of a "WTF" reaction that the viewer will watch the commercial again online and hopefully follow up with a visit to the directed website and get the full, uncondensed experience.
    02-03-13 10:44 PM
    Slightly humorous with memorable imagery. It's exactly what you should do with your 30 seconds on the big stage. Didn't knock it out of the park, but it didn't have to. It did what it needed to do, as evidenced by its overwhelmingly high ranking on NFL.com right now.
    Thunderbuck and BBMak like this.
    02-03-13 10:44 PM
    Majority of people seem to like it on YouTube as well.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-13 10:45 PM
    Of course if you have to explain a commercial, it obviously failed.
    Check out the many Ad blogs and best and worst lists. The Blackberry ad is nowhere to be found.
    Forgettable.
    02-03-13 10:48 PM
    It portrayed an ordinary young man with a BlackBerry as a sort of "Super" hero during the "Super" bowl.
    They just paid a simple compliment to their existing customers. They didn't insult anyone or oversell their product.
    Kinda cool actually.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-13 10:54 PM
    As for the yellow duckies, how do you think the kid avoids getting hit by that tanker? He "ducks".
    there was plenty of clearance for him to duck under it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing and kbz1960 like this.
    02-03-13 11:15 PM
    Considering the over 6700 votes, of which over 5500 were positive, I'd say it was more than just Crackberry fans. Also, with the negative views of it around here, do you really think all from here would have voted positive, or voted at all? The difference between the average viewer, and us, is that once again, the Crackberry nation has raised it expectations to beyond reasonable, which pretty much guarantees a let down.
    Masahiro, BergerKing and jakie55 like this.
    02-03-13 11:32 PM
    I don't think it did what it was supposed to do at all. The vast majority of people have never heard of blackberry 10. This ad didn't change that. It didn't shove a brand down your throat. You only recognized it if you were looking for it. Anyone who did catch the part where it said the word blackberry probably forgot it.
    02-03-13 11:43 PM
    I don't think it did what it was supposed to do at all. The vast majority of people have never heard of blackberry 10. This ad didn't change that. It didn't shove a brand down your throat. You only recognized it if you were looking for it. Anyone who did catch the part where it said the word blackberry probably forgot it.
    What it did, was make people say "huh?". I know the people I was with did. I recognized it right away but didn't say anything so they were left in the dark till the end. I then started to get questions about it.
    02-03-13 11:47 PM
62 123