.. Of my adult life!

So I just got my new curve on saturday. Never once have I ever had water damage on any of my phones.

Well, right as I pulled up at my house this evening, my starbucks spashed all over the front of my phone and completely soaked all the keys and my trackball. My first instinct was to cry. Aside from that.. I yanked the battery out, dropped everything I was carrying in my driveway and ran inside.I sat in the bathroom and used my blow dryer on the phone for a good 15 minutes, then carefully washed the keys and trackball with a little water and a q tip...

She's alive!! Thank god!

Moral of the story: if this happens to you, by all means follow these steps! And where did I learn to do this? Right here on cb. So thank you, dear friends... You are indeed life (err curve?) Savers!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 08:49 PM
    Close call!! Glad to hear ur precious BB turned out alright!
    06-12-08 08:52 PM
    Glad that your berry is ok!
    06-12-08 08:52 PM
    Oh man, I' glad you didn't lose it, knowing you just got it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-12-08 at 09:34 PM. Reason: possible thread jack, can't do that to jenay :)
    06-12-08 08:57 PM
    im glad that all's okay jenay
    dont break your berry because that leaves you using a computer for a couple days while your new berry comes in the mail
    and thats no fun!
    06-12-08 09:00 PM
    Wow... Well I'm glad you saved your baby!! Better keep a top on that coffee...lol...GJ

06-12-08 09:03 PM
    starbucks is my other addiction...
    cup in one hand and berry in the other!

glad your berry is ok!!
    06-12-08 09:08 PM
    Yikes! Close call...glad to hear its ok though! I can't even imagine your fear lol

06-12-08 09:12 PM
    .. Of my adult life!

So I just got my new curve on saturday. Never once have I ever had water damage on any of my phones.

Well, right as I pulled up at my house this evening, my starbucks spashed all over the front of my phone and completely soaked all the keys and my trackball. My first instinct was to cry. Aside from that.. I yanked the battery out, dropped everything I was carrying in my driveway and ran inside.I sat in the bathroom and used my blow dryer on the phone for a good 15 minutes, then carefully washed the keys and trackball with a little water and a q tip...

Can I tell you how this took my breathe away as I was reading this!
    THANK Goodness all worked out
    06-12-08 09:13 PM
    glad its ok. i would come unglued. im so paranoid about water i carry a zip loc bag in my pocket everywhere i go. just in case it rains .
    06-12-08 09:23 PM
    I know I would have bugged out if that happened to me. Good thing everything worked out for you!
    06-12-08 09:24 PM
    Thanks guys I know I literally thought I was gonna pass out!

And how bad is it that I left my purse laying in my driveway while I tended to my baby..

Shady - hehe a baggie in case it rains... I love it.

06-12-08 09:59 PM
    Phew
    *breathes a sigh of relief*
    06-12-08 10:01 PM
    And how bad is it that I left my purse laying in my driveway while I tended to my baby..
    Human or not, as long as it's your baby nothing else is more important.
    06-12-08 10:08 PM
    Yanking the battery out right away was a smart move!

06-12-08 10:14 PM
    Kinetic - yes, yes!! Learned it from crackberry! Think it may have beeb chaz or daddybear or one of the others I look up to.

06-12-08 10:16 PM
    Jenay, please! Please don't do me like that again! PHEeeew!
    You had me holding my breath while I read your post. Can you imagine what it's like trying to Inhale and Exhale all at once in the same breath!
    Pheeeew!

06-13-08 10:31 AM
    Jenay, please! Please don't do me like that again! PHEeeew!
    You had me holding my breath while I read your post. Can you imagine what it's like trying to Inhale and Exhale all at once in the same breath!
    Pheeeew!

Oh my GOSH imagine how I felt when it happened!!!
    06-13-08 11:08 AM
    So I thought I would add this, as it made me laugh..

My roommate was home when this happened to me. So she saw me fly in the door and race to the bathroom. After I told her what happened, she said that her boyfriend once dropped his Berry in a kitchen sink full of water. What did he do? Immediately plugged the phone into the wall charger. Umm... So. What would make someone think to do this!? Needless to say, it fried his poor phone.
    06-13-08 01:00 PM
    I can see it now things flying all over and a mad dash to the house! Nice moves.
    06-13-08 01:06 PM
    Close call this week Jenay, first the engine problem and now this! Hope things start getting better for you...
    06-13-08 01:21 PM
    Close call this week Jenay, first the engine problem and now this! Hope things start getting better for you...
    Thank you!! Heh I know... what a week!!
    06-13-08 01:22 PM
    Hope everything works out o.k. for you. I never thought of carrying a zip loc bag in case of rain, but it sounds like a good idea. BB's and liquids dont work out to well together, so I guess the bag is good insurance.
    06-13-08 01:26 PM
    good cheap insurance
    06-13-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD