Not sure why the OP needs to resort to name calling in the thread's header..... to make such a broad comment about "former legacy users" is pretty childish in my opinion... like really... Most Legacy user who switch platforms are Hypocrites or Fickle.. Hummm... it is one thing to stir up a debate on a topic but to go to borderline trolling to get hits in this thread seems ridiculous.. The OP can not an does not know the reasons a person make a personal choice of leaving the BB legacy platform.... sure some may have the need to vent for whatever reason but I find it hard to believe it is "most"..... Perhaps it is as some have posted that they need to justify their choice in moving. Perhaps not. Doubt very many really care about BB any more because if they chose wisely they are spending time enjoying their choice vesus worrying about what BB users are doing..... I use all three platforms BB torch and three playbooks, Apple Ipad, and Kindle fire... each has its strengths and weaknesses.... because someone chooses differently from me does not make them anything but an end user with certain preferences.....
    04-14-14 02:42 PM
    Fact is that there is an "app gap" to the average person. Most are not going to side load apps. I personally don't side load apps because I carry a second phone which does have all of the apps that are required professionally and desire personally. Sadly, while I bought and use my Q10 professionally, I still revert back to my 5s for most things that aren't email related for bith business and personal.
    I must be a sheep I suppose since I don't use my Q10 exclusively.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:47 PM
    All of you who switched are not prosumers. Blackberry does more than Android. I know it.
    Oh yes, you do. I believe you o wise one.
    04-14-14 03:58 PM
    The OP is assuming those people weren't "led" to a BlackBerry for the same reasons they're leaving in the first place.

I'm afraid the "get one like mine" thing started well before BlackBerry existed.

#believeinfilm
    04-14-14 05:12 PM
    I sincerely hope you have better luck your third time around. I have had my Z30 from the first day of launch and have had no issues at all. Good luck
    Same here! Had no issues since day 1 with my z30! Just amazing how beautifully designed and how solid it feels in the hand!

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    anon(4268859) likes this.
    04-14-14 05:59 PM
    Is this bash BB7 month? In one forum "Legacy devices need to go now, for good" and this forum saying legacy users on other platforms are hypocrites which I find offensive. I use to have the Pearl but I'm on Android now so I prefer to be called "Traitor".
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-14-14 06:13 PM
    So on that basis, all those stories we get here where people accost people at the urinal and try and convince them to get a BB10 device and they don't - that's good because those people are strong willed individualists?
    It's all fun and games till someone's z10 gets pissed on ROTFL!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:31 PM
    I use a Q10 and after using Androids and iPhones, I must say that BB10 isn't that good... sure it handles most of the things better, but not by much and to me it doesn't have any specific feature that other phones don't have.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    anon(5828343) and kevinnugent like this.
    04-14-14 06:32 PM
    Yep. Other than the previous and very obvious "Apps" advantage by Apple and Androids ( and by the way, which is almost a non issue now since OS 10.2.1.XXX update), there is essentially nothing on these platforms have that BB10 devices don't have too.
    ----With respect to screen size, iPhones are no better than BB10 phones. Z30 screen size is an equal match to Android phones that 5" or more.
    ----BB10 OS is at the very least on par with Apple or Android OS
    ----BB10 cameras are fairly decent
    ----and it's safe to say that BB QWERTY phones rules the keyboard market.

So why are former legacy users always trying to bash or trash BB10 as if when Apple or Android platforms were first launched the phones were perfect and people didn't have to spend some time learning and getting used to them. The same former legacy users put up and or shut up when they are on these other platforms. For instance, research shows that there is already a pent up demand for the rumoured 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6, yet people are already trashing the rumoured 4.5" or 5" Q30

Everybody is entitle to whatever they like and there is no need to justify the reason, even if you are just following the crowd blindly.
    Its amazing that after some 1300 odd post you still don't get why "legacy users" are "now" on Apple and Android.

It's almost as if you've been blinded by Blackberry.
    anon(5828343) and richardat like this.
    04-14-14 07:01 PM
    They are fickle and sheep. Blackberry has the best OS and TRUE multi-tasking. Those who have left it for other phones are not prosumers.

Blackberry has more apps than Android. And the browser makes the apps useless. Who needs apps?

And Blackberry camera is better than the iPhone 5s and most of Nokia's Lumia models too.

And it has an awesome battery life. It only drains 10% after a long day.

And it is the most secure phone in the world. Not even AAA can breakthrough it's security.
    Yes, it can cure cancer too (why not, since we are talking in fantasy land).
    04-14-14 07:07 PM
    I absolutely and wholeheartedly support your statement with my very own experience:
    .... "I AM now closing in on 6 months with my Z30 and have not a single issue or complaint. Not one!"
    It's got a better keyboard than ANY iPhone or droid I've (admittedly only) "played" on/with, there's more than enough apps for my need/s, and I KNOW its security is, both, unbeatable and nearly unbreakable.

So, I've found that there are THREE "major" types of Legacy-BB Users out there:

1. Those whose OS6 & 7 devices are still rocking it out perfectly well enough for their users ... so why upgrade?
    2. Those who have/ad a really old bad/cheap/old OR much-abused device that's become unreliable, unstable and unsatisfactory ... and THEY are the ones who swear off the name forevermore going forward ...
      You know, the "my 5 year old phone just died because I dropped it for the 122nd time and I will NEVER buy another P.O.S. like that again!"
    3. Those with an old device who are suddenly confronted with having or wanting to upgrade (battery no longer holds a charge, etc.) and are pushed into another platform by their friends, coworkers, company or device-slinger at the store.

A few minor groups relying on more stupid excuses you can shake a stick at also exist: like the:
    - "I didn't even KNOW BlackBerry had something new available; and I haven't seen one/it anywhere"
    - "The new system is probably just like the old one ... ,"
    - "I found the 3 ways to swipe MUCH too confusing after 20 seconds, ...,"
    - "I heard that BB10 has problems and the new devices aren't popular ...,"
    - "Anything less than 1 million apps just isn't enough ... ,"
    - "ALL my friends have something else and I just want to be compatible with their device/s"
    - "The gadget-jockey at the store had nothing good to say ... ,"
    - "My carrier doesn't even offer a BlackBerry any more ... ,"
    and many others ...

FACT IS, the Z30 is hands-down the BEST phone around, bar none; and I'll bet it'll still hold its own against the coming iPhones that are predicted for and expected later this year.
    Unfortunately, the marketing climate and market in the USA and Europe simply aren't positive or strong enough to help BB gain any kind of traction; at least in the next 12-18 months IMHO.

I sincerely hope you have better luck your third time around. I have had my Z30 from the first day of launch and have had no issues at all. Good luck
    04-14-14 07:18 PM
    I absolutely and wholeheartedly support your statement with my very own experience:
    .... "I AM now closing in on 6 months with my Z30 and have not a single issue or complaint. Not one!"
    It's got a better keyboard than ANY iPhone or droid I've (admittedly only) "played" on/with, there's more than enough apps for my need/s, and I KNOW its security is, both, unbeatable and nearly unbreakable.

So, I've found that there are THREE "major" types of Legacy-BB Users out there:

1. Those whose OS6 & 7 devices are still rocking it out perfectly well enough for their users ... so why upgrade?
    2. Those who have/ad a really old bad/cheap/old OR much-abused device that's become unreliable, unstable and unsatisfactory ... and THEY are the ones who swear off the name forevermore going forward ...
      You know, the "my 5 year old phone just died because I dropped it for the 122nd time and I will NEVER buy another P.O.S. like that again!"
    3. Those with an old device who are suddenly confronted with having or wanting to upgrade (battery no longer holds a charge, etc.) and are pushed into another platform by their friends, coworkers, company or device-slinger at the store.

A few minor groups relying on more stupid excuses you can shake a stick at also exist: like the:
    - "I didn't even KNOW BlackBerry had something new available; and I haven't seen one/it anywhere"
    - "The new system is probably just like the old one ... ,"
    - "I found the 3 ways to swipe MUCH too confusing after 20 seconds, ...,"
    - "I heard that BB10 has problems and the new devices aren't popular ...,"
    - "Anything less than 1 million apps just isn't enough ... ,"
    - "ALL my friends have something else and I just want to be compatible with their device/s"
    - "The gadget-jockey at the store had nothing good to say ... ,"
    - "My carrier doesn't even offer a BlackBerry any more ... ,"
    and many others ...

FACT IS, the Z30 is hands-down the BEST phone around, bar none; and I'll bet it'll still hold its own against the coming iPhones that are predicted for and expected later this year.
    Unfortunately, the marketing climate and market in the USA and Europe simply aren't positive or strong enough to help BB gain any kind of traction; at least in the next 12-18 months IMHO.
    And in 2015 and 2016 the Z30 will still be the best phone IYHO
    anon(5828343) and kevinnugent like this.
    04-14-14 07:38 PM
    They are fickle and sheep. Blackberry has the best OS and TRUE multi-tasking. Those who have left it for other phones are not prosumers.

Blackberry has more apps than Android. And the browser makes the apps useless. Who needs apps?

And Blackberry camera is better than the iPhone 5s and most of Nokia's Lumia models too.

And it has an awesome battery life. It only drains 10% after a long day.

And it is the most secure phone in the world. Not even AAA can breakthrough it's security.
    Could you put me in contact with your dealer please?
    anon(5828343) and Sergiu1337 like this.
    04-14-14 08:04 PM
    Its amazing that after some 1300 odd post you still don't get why "legacy users" are "now" on Apple and Android.

Sorry, I did not get the memo so that is why I just walked into a wall. Looks like I am one of the only legacy owners that hasn't changed platforms. Do I get an award?
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-14-14 09:09 PM

Blinded by BlackBerry? SMH This is exactly what I was talking about. How am I blinded by BlackBerry? Is it because I still have 2 legacy phones, 1 playbook, 2 Z30, 1 Z10, 1 iPad, 1 iPod that "it is almost as if you've been blinded by BlackBerry"? And guess what, I choose BlackBerry because IT WORKS!! Like I initially posted, there is no such thing like a perfect phone. Is your Android or Apple perfect? Oh btw, I have been having some minor issues with my iPad but I know that it is an electronic gadget and sometimes things go wrong. I will get it fixed and life goes on.
    Kindly tell me why Android and Apple have Technical and Customer Service departments, after all those platforms are perfect, right? Ain't you being hypocritical? Just because BlackBerry is down trodden doesn't mean that BB10 devices don't work.
    Surprise surprise, I am very productive with my Z30
    04-14-14 09:11 PM
    Blinded by BlackBerry? SMH This is exactly what I was talking about. How am I blinded by BlackBerry? Is it because I still have 2 legacy phones, 1 playbook, 2 Z30, 1 Z10, 1 iPad, 1 iPod that "it is almost as if you've been blinded by BlackBerry"? And guess what, I choose BlackBerry because IT WORKS!! Like I initially posted, there is no such thing like a perfect phone. Is your Android or Apple perfect? Oh btw, I have been having some minor issues with my iPad but I know that it is an electronic gadget and sometimes things go wrong. I will get it fixed and life goes on.
    Kindly tell me why Android and Apple have Technical and Customer Service departments, after all those platforms are perfect, right? Ain't you being hypocritical? Just because BlackBerry is down trodden doesn't mean that BB10 devices don't work.
    Surprise surprise, I am very productive with my Z30
    There goes my award
    wincyUt, bp3dots and WanShark69 like this.
    04-14-14 09:12 PM
    Could you put me in contact with your dealer please?
    It was actually a sales guy from the Apple Store quietly whispering in his ear. Rather embarrassing actually.
    04-14-14 09:31 PM
    I'm a former legacy and bb10 user now on Android and I don't feel I'm a hypocrite. Bb10 is missing a lot of the features that made legacy unique and Android and iOS is on par but much more polished and stable. The contacts bug for one has been non existent since I've come over to Android.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I feel like you do. I don't have an android yet but I'm getting tempted because BlackBerry isn't mainly BB10 as satisfying as 7.1 was. Android allows for serious customization and apps. BlackBerry just got started too late. And the bb10 os is still not polished enough for the general public. Android to bb10 would lose things. Legacy to bb10 loses things. Yet legacy is not an option anymore either.

Add that to no big screen north/south slider and I find myself with nothing to be excited about.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-14-14 11:05 PM
    I use a Q10 and after using Androids and iPhones, I must say that BB10 isn't that good... sure it handles most of the things better, but not by much and to me it doesn't have any specific feature that other phones don't have.

This was my experience as well. Bb10's minimal advantages don't make up for its shortcomings nor are they compelling enough to pull me away from the more established mobile ecosystems.

Why should I settle for anything less than a class leading camera or full app support?

I'll keep my s5 until bb10 can offer a compelling reason to switch or at least an experience truly equal to the big boys.
    04-14-14 11:51 PM
    +1000 for those who honestly give BlackBerry a chance and stick with them despite the pressure from others to switch. I had a DROID for well over a year and hated it. Glad I have a z10 now and would only switch to another BB10 all-touch device.

That's my experience and my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10 and my z10
    04-15-14 12:06 AM
    Sometimes this fan-boyism is so freaking ridiculous.

anon8656116 and anon(5828343) like this.
    04-15-14 12:29 PM
    I couldn't agree more with this. I have a brother who uses an old curve and he has no interest in switching to BB10 or any other platform for that matter. Its not that he doesn't like the other models, he just doesn't care as long as his phone makes calls and he can send messages. He could care less about what kind of phone he uses. I think that a lot of legacy users feel this way. You can make this argument for any platform. My father in law uses an iPhone 4. I've asked him about upgrading and he really just doesn't care if he upgrades or not, his phone works and he will use it until it breaks.

I think BB has the notion that all of these people are going to switch to BB10 if they bring the tool belt back. I don't see it. They've either moved on to another platform and have money invested in the ecosystem and really like the platform they have chosen, or they just don't care about what phone they use and won't bother with it until their old one breaks. Will some switch to it, yes I think so. Is it going to be some rush of people running out to buy them, I highly doubt it.
    I agree never once have I seen a "I would upgrade to bb10 if you had the belt". I thought most had moved passed it.
    I actually have to admit. If they brought back a "virtual" track bad that appears when typing. That would be OK. But the call hand hangup buttons are useless same with the back and BlackBerry button. I would say if you can't figure out how to swipe up to go back. I think you might have some bigger issues.

I don't see the classic 20 being the hit they are hoping for. It will be a niche group that want it. That's all. And most if any really that are asking for it. Probably have not used bb10 and don't realize that the phone is great with out the belt.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:47 PM
    You've insulted the vast majority of former legacy users who have left BBRY for iOS or Android. It's probably no surprise that that is the mentality -- blame the customer.

I've now bought two different BB10 devices and have been largely dissatisfied with both. I also bought an iPhone 5S and can honestly say I really have no complaints about it or about the amazing Apple after sales service that I have come to really appreciate. My iPhone 5S was to be my "back-up" device to make up for all the deficiencies in BB10 but it is now my main device with my Q10 as the back-up serving only as a device whenever I need a physical keyboard.

I can honestly say that I gave BB as many chances as can be reasonably expected and paid not once but twice for both a Z10 and a Q10. Neither the Z10 nor the Q10 were suitable for me (and again, I'm talking about my own personal experience here).

The recent moves by Chen acknowledge the incredible failure of BB10's launch -- his decision to launch a "Classic" BB10 device is very telling.

So call me a hypocrite or fickle. I owe no loyalty to BBRY when they have shown complete disloyalty to legacy users -- particularly those of us who decided to pay good money for Playbook.
    04-15-14 03:21 PM
    The problem with fanboys is that they can't see past their own (overly) emotional investment. BlackBerry is a company. That's it. It's a company that produces a product. Some like the product, some don't. The fanboys need to get over the fact that some users simply have different needs and viewpoints. That's what this thread is about; OP has described what he believes is accurate and important, and has accused everyone (oh...okay, not "everyone", but just "most") who disagree with his opinion as hypocritical. What a farce.

Quite frankly, putting a company or product on such a high pedestal (as we see here all too often) is unhealthy and weird.

And for the record, I cautiously gave up my Bold 9900 about a year ago in favour of an Android device, and couldn't be happier. It's miles ahead of my Bold (as one would expect), and for me, does a bunch of stuff BB10 can't give me. And yes, I did test drive a Z10. Sure, I'll miss out on the 4-8 seconds per day that "the hub" could save me...that's okay. But honestly, BlackBerry has done too many things wrong. As a company, their timing sucks.

What's more is, when my office upgraded a year ago, aside from a (very) small group that kept their legacy device, about half went iPhone, and the other half BB10 (I was the only Android convert). Now that we're about a year in, I hear that a few BB10 users are giving up their Z's and Q's for Android (and possibly iPhone). These are not people who "didn't know about BB10", or didn't give it a chance. That's another myth the fanboys have to give up.

So go ahead, OP...put on your BlackBerry sandwich board, and stand on the street corner to proclaim for all the world to hear that I, and those like me, are hypocrites.

Honestly, we're okay with it.
    You said it!
    04-15-14 03:27 PM
    Is this bash BB7 month? In one forum "Legacy devices need to go now, for good" and this forum saying legacy users on other platforms are hypocrites which I find offensive. I use to have the Pearl but I'm on Android now so I prefer to be called "Traitor".
    Agree entirely. I used to be on Bold 9900 then Z10 then Q10 and now, gasp, iPhone 5S so I am guilty of high treason.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-15-14 03:31 PM
70 123