Blinded by BlackBerry? SMH This is exactly what I was talking about. How am I blinded by BlackBerry? Is it because I still have 2 legacy phones, 1 playbook, 2 Z30, 1 Z10, 1 iPad, 1 iPod that "it is almost as if you've been blinded by BlackBerry"? And guess what, I choose BlackBerry because IT WORKS!! Like I initially posted, there is no such thing like a perfect phone. Is your Android or Apple perfect? Oh btw, I have been having some minor issues with my iPad but I know that it is an electronic gadget and sometimes things go wrong. I will get it fixed and life goes on.
    Kindly tell me why Android and Apple have Technical and Customer Service departments, after all those platforms are perfect, right? Ain't you being hypocritical? Just because BlackBerry is down trodden doesn't mean that BB10 devices don't work.
    Surprise surprise, I am very productive with my Z30
    Neither Android or Apple are perfect.

But neither do you need to spend hours trying to figure out how get Android Apps on your device. Never mind all the ones that don't work because of the lack of Google Services or database files that can't be downloaded.

Yes lot's of us can be very productive with our BB10 devices, and lot's of us can jump through the hoops to get most of what we want working - I've learn how to use Bluestacks thanks to BB10....

But who is being blind and not recognizing that BB10 has MANY issue that prevent it from being a platform for the "average" user.

Not really sure what legacy users have to do with any of this.....
    anon(5828343) and richardat like this.
    04-15-14 04:02 PM
    simply because most people are sheep and need to be led....they go for the 'in thing'...BB is not 'in' at the moment
    This argument is overplayed to justify the failure of bb10.
    To most of the general public the last they've seen of blackberry was the z10 miss-launch a year ago (especially the horrible app gap), followed by seeing the company put up for sale. Maybe a few saw it was withdrawn from sale, but the vast majority will no nothing of the z30, 10.2.1,installing android apps etc.
    Most people signing up for a 2 year contract will go for the best spec they can get, on the most attractive phone, with a eco system that has guaranteed longevity.
    Bb10 will not be on the shortlist of the vast majority until blackberry get out there and show people what they're missing.
    04-15-14 04:16 PM

But neither do you need to spend hours trying to figure out how get Android Apps on your device. Never mind all the ones that don't work because of the lack of Google Services or database files that can't be downloaded.

Yes lot's of us can be very productive with our BB10 devices, and lot's of us can jump through the hoops to get most of what we want working - I've learn how to use Bluestacks thanks to BB10....

But who is being blind and not recognizing that BB10 has MANY issue that prevent it from being a platform for the "average" user.

There we go again. Does BB10 phones have to have Google Services to be deemed good productive phones? Whose yardstick is it? Does your preferences trump other people preferences? You may be surprised that not everyone puts great emphasis on "Google services " as a must have.
    By the way, what is your definition of an "average user"? Is your average user from the emerging markets or from North America and Europe? You do realize that the needs of the average user will vary depending on the demographics, right? Are your "many issue that prevent it from being a platform for the average user " OS or Management related or both?
    Finally, any former legacy user who has moved on and is very happy will not be preoccupied with what's happening with BlackBerry. Kinda like leaving a bad "marriage " and still coming back to revisit your nightmare. The last I checked, nobody is under duress to use BlackBerry phones.
    John Chen has made it abundantly clear that BlackBerry is going after a niche market. Just like Mercedes Benz goes after a niche market but failed woefully when it went after the "average consumer ". BlackBerry will always be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by wincyUt; 04-15-14 at 05:23 PM.
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-15-14 05:06 PM
    I strongly disagree with your title.
    Posted via CB10

Wait a minute! Let's be fair about this.

OP.... Where'd you come up with " MOST?"

or were you merely stating "your opinion!"
    Acidwire likes this.
    04-15-14 05:34 PM

I'm probably missing something here or there's something wrong with my device but Android apps are as easy to find and download as BB App for me.
    And, Bluestacks (which I also use) practically runs by itself on my computers!

Now normally I might say I'm an "average" user but after reading an article in the New York Post entitled: "Adults are Dumber Than Average Humans,"
    If you consider yourself "average" you're Dumb! in which case I can understand the hours of frustration mentioned above!

US adults are dumber than the average human | New York Post

But, I'm probably missing something!

04-15-14 05:51 PM
    Blinded by BlackBerry? SMH This is exactly what I was talking about. How am I blinded by BlackBerry? Is it because I still have 2 legacy phones, 1 playbook, 2 Z30, 1 Z10, 1 iPad, 1 iPod that "it is almost as if you've been blinded by BlackBerry"? And guess what, I choose BlackBerry because IT WORKS!! Like I initially posted, there is no such thing like a perfect phone. Is your Android or Apple perfect? Oh btw, I have been having some minor issues with my iPad but I know that it is an electronic gadget and sometimes things go wrong. I will get it fixed and life goes on.
    Kindly tell me why Android and Apple have Technical and Customer Service departments, after all those platforms are perfect, right? Ain't you being hypocritical? Just because BlackBerry is down trodden doesn't mean that BB10 devices don't work.
    Surprise surprise, I am very productive with my Z30
    I'm more productive on Android then I ever was on bb10.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-15-14 06:26 PM
    There we go again. Does BB10 phones have to have Google Services to be deemed good productive phones? Whose yardstick is it? Does your preferences trump other people preferences? You may be surprised that not everyone puts great emphasis on "Google services " as a must have.
    By the way, what is your definition of an "average user"? Is your average user from the emerging markets or from North America and Europe? You do realize that the needs of the average user will vary depending on the demographics, right? Are your "many issue that prevent it from being a platform for the average user " OS or Management related or both?
    Finally, any former legacy user who has moved on and is very happy will not be preoccupied with what's happening with BlackBerry. Kinda like leaving a bad "marriage " and still coming back to revisit your nightmare. The last I checked, nobody is under duress to use BlackBerry phones.
    John Chen has made it abundantly clear that BlackBerry is going after a niche market. Just like Mercedes Benz goes after a niche market but failed woefully when it went after the "average consumer ". BlackBerry will always be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you should read this as a reply to your first post and just end this stupid thread

anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-15-14 06:28 PM
    They are fickle and sheep. Blackberry has the best OS and TRUE multi-tasking. Those who have left it for other phones are not prosumers.

Blackberry has more apps than Android. And the browser makes the apps useless. Who needs apps?

And Blackberry camera is better than the iPhone 5s and most of Nokia's Lumia models too.
    And it has an awesome battery life. It only drains 10% after a long day.

Hhahaha good one! oh wait you're being serious...... :/ I hope for your sake that was sarcasm lol, you my friend need a huge dose of reality
    04-15-14 07:10 PM
    Yeah you should read this as a reply to your first post and just end this stupid thread

Only fools think they know. Are you under any duress to be on this thread, wise guy? You should just move along and don't get personal.
    04-15-14 07:19 PM
    You've been asking questions. Here are some answers.
    Yep. Other than the previous and very obvious "Apps" advantage by Apple and Androids ( and by the way, which is almost a non issue now since OS 10.2.1.XXX update),
    Almost a �non issue� is not the same as �non issue�. Consumer�s don�t really rally around �almost a non issue�.
    there is essentially nothing on these platforms have that BB10 devices don't have too.
    1: The three major mobile platforms have a tablet solution in play
    2: The three major mobile platforms have peripherals devices to supplement their mobile
    3: The three major mobile platforms do not rely on a competitors app store to prop up their own
    4: Two of the three major mobile platforms have superior support
    The list goes on, but the point is there. The three major mobile platforms do not operate in a vacuum of mobile handset only.
    ----With respect to screen size, iPhones are no better than BB10 phones.
    Which gives legacy users little reason to switch back.
    Z30 screen size is an equal match to Android phones that 5" or more.
    Would be relevant if Android operated in a vacuum. Again, little reason for legacy users to switch back.
    ----BB10 OS is at the very least on par with Apple or Android OS
    Again, would be relevant if those other OSes didn�t have more surrounding them. Still little reason to switch back.
    ----BB10 cameras are fairly decent
    Fairly decent = I�ll settle for less. Why should the consumer do that.
    -----and it's safe to say that BB QWERTY phones rules the keyboard market.
    Not a bragging point in the age of the touch screen. The other three major platforms appear happy to concede this nitch market to Blackberry.
    -� as if when Apple or Android platforms were first launched the phones were perfect and people didn't have to spend some time learning and getting used to them.
    The field has been established. The icon rules thanks to MS and Windows. Its not 2007 anymore.
    snip�For instance, research shows that there is already a pent up demand for the rumoured 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6, yet people are already trashing the rumoured 4.5" or 5" Q30
    Explore the net more. On a certain other Apple fan site not part of Mobile Nation, the larger iPhone is in fact being trashed.
    Everybody is entitle to whatever they like and there is no need to justify the reason, even if you are just following the crowd blindly.
    Based on your thread title, even you don�t believe this.
    04-15-14 07:27 PM
    "Average user" is much more likely to be an Android or iOS user who enjoys apps, the ease of use of their phones and the peripheral devices and tablets that easily integrate with their smartphone. In no way is a BB10 or a BB7 user average since they occupy such a small slice of the smartphone world to almost be statistically irrelevant.
    04-15-14 07:38 PM
    There we go again. Does BB10 phones have to have Google Services to be deemed good productive phones?
    Lack of vision. This is where the blindness comes into play.
    The lack of sales have shown BB10 needs something more than being just a good productive phone for the consumer.
    Marketing will only go so far. What does Blackberry have to market besides a phone. Nothing. And it shows in the quarterlies.
    Whose yardstick is it?
    The market sets the yardstick. You either measure up or you get measured out.
    You may be surprised that not everyone puts great emphasis on "Google services " as a must have.
    No. They may not put emphasis on it, but when they buy Android they are part of the 1.5 million Google activations a day. Those activations put them on Google services.
    John Chen has made it abundantly clear that BlackBerry is going after a niche market.
    So what. Making a statement and pulling it off are too different things. Has Jim, Mike and Thor tought you nothing?
    BlackBerry will always be BlackBerry.
    That’s a scary thought, especially since they used to be RIM. They used to be the mobile leader. They used to be relevant.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 04-16-14 at 04:36 AM.
    04-15-14 08:02 PM
    That’s a scary thought, especially since they used to be RIM. They used to be the mobile leader. They used to be relevant.
    Well said. This is why this is such a sad story. RIM --> BBRY used to be a winner and relevant. They had devices many (including me) couldn't live without. Through shear incompetence, they blew a strong lead, misjudged the market and let down their customers. I personally think it all boils down to arrogance. Company leadership that ignored customers because they thought they had the midas touch and could do no wrong. Has Chen learned those lessons? It doesn't appear so. Contrition would be nice but instead, continued chest thumping seems to be the norm. BBRY has become a rinky dink company acting like it's GE or Apple.
    Doggerz, JeepBB and richardat like this.
    04-15-14 10:57 PM
    why am I even reading this ...
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-16-14 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10

No Google Services isn't a requirement for a productive devices... but having a well rounding ecosystem seems to be a requirement to attract more than the few million users that BB10 has managed to attract in the last year. My preferences aren't the ones holding back BB10 adoption.

Based on projected spending vs revenues... no BlackBerry will not always be BlackBerry.
    04-16-14 08:27 AM
    Truth BlackBerry was selling a few million devices a year and that was with consumer demand. They never saw iPhone or Samsung levels of 30-40 million devices a year let alone a quarter. Most of that user base came from candy bar style and flip phones like Nokia and motorola.

You make it sound like every ios user was a former BlackBerry user and that has never been the case.
    No one is a hypocrite for wanting to try something different or new.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and richardat like this.
    04-16-14 05:33 PM
    You've been asking questions. Here are some answers.

Almost a �non issue� is not the same as �non issue�. Consumer�s don�t really rally around �almost a non issue�.

1: The three major mobile platforms have a tablet solution in play
    2: The three major mobile platforms have peripherals devices to supplement their mobile
    3: The three major mobile platforms do not rely on a competitors app store to prop up their own
    4: Two of the three major mobile platforms have superior support
    The list goes on, but the point is there. The three major mobile platforms do not operate in a vacuum of mobile handset only.

Which gives legacy users little reason to switch back.

Would be relevant if Android operated in a vacuum. Again, little reason for legacy users to switch back.

Again, would be relevant if those other OSes didn�t have more surrounding them. Still little reason to switch back.

Fairly decent = I�ll settle for less. Why should the consumer do that.

Not a bragging point in the age of the touch screen. The other three major platforms appear happy to concede this nitch market to Blackberry.

The field has been established. The icon rules thanks to MS and Windows. Its not 2007 anymore.

Explore the net more. On a certain other Apple fan site not part of Mobile Nation, the larger iPhone is in fact being trashed.

Based on your thread title, even you don�t believe this.
    Fantastic response. Thread won.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:36 PM
    Only fools think they know. Are you under any duress to be on this thread, wise guy? You should just move along and don't get personal.
    Don't get personal? Hypocrite much? Don't insult people if you are so sensitive. This entire thread is set up to insult people who has left blackberry. Fact is, bb10 is incomplete. It's buggy and unreliable. That is why I left it. The differences between the platforms are minor but the stability I get from Android 4.4.2 is fantastic.
    Blackberry really needs to sort the issues out if they want to gain market share

04-17-14 01:45 AM
    Something is wrong with OP. I guess some people made fun of him for owning a Blackberry. I recently switched from a Curve 9220, to MotoG, and i think it's one of the best decisions ever made. I had no idea what i was missing all this long. Yes, i even thought of getting a Z10, but getting STL1000-1 could have made me regret my decision. BB10 is the only way to go, for blackberry, considering the fact that nobody inhere will like Google unless and until Blackberry opts for it.
    But i don't think its my thing, unless they release something really good. honestly
    04-17-14 07:06 AM
    why am I even reading this ...

That's exactly what i was i thinking.
    I use to continue to read to see how long it would go before something intelligent was said.
    Now, I just read it for quality nonsense!

And, after spending time helping folks fix their problems, it's nice to find threads where I can just relieve any tension I may have and

LAUGH!
    (of course, that's just my perspective)

But, don't let ME stop most of you.....
    04-17-14 09:32 AM
70 123