Lmao. I think it's a sign of how eager some of you fanboys are to discredit my words that you have to make up things I didn't say.

Microsoft has had some significant stumbles in the consumer devices space. Surface isn't selling up to its potential, Windows Phone isn't selling very well at anything apart from the low end and the Xbox One has had a pretty rough past 6 months as far as PR goes. As a result, tech blogs have fun predicting doom and gloom for Microsoft until when the next earning report comes to shut them up. That was what I was alluding to.

In fact, you can and should take a lesson from this. The way to shut up negative critics isn't to make whiny threads on fansites. You prove them wrong by delivering solid results. If you all realized that this is largely BlackBerry's fault, then these topics will not exist.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    I'm definitely not a fan boy. I own all 4 mobile platforms and I just prefer some more than others. Surface is a billion dollar business and Windows Phone is outselling the iPhone in 24 markets. The only people who care about the xbox one's PR screw ups are fan boys, and they're usually Sony fan boys. I'm not saying they're perfect, but I rarely see a credible tech source say "Microsoft is doomed".

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-14 09:57 PM
    If BlackBerry switches to Google Android and/or reduces development of BlackBerry OS 10 I will stop using BlackBerry smartphones when it gives up the ghost.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-04-14 04:24 AM
    Have you seen the Samsung S4 fiasco? Why isn't the media sacrificing Samsung for the disaster S4? I bet you don't even know what is it right... Balckberry's main issue was they were slow to react to the iPhone and from there to going bankrupt without any dept as the media sold to the general public is just amusing to say the least. This shows how biased the media really is or unless you believe media conglomerates don't run their own corporative agendas Blackberry is doing a great job gaining ground but like a vessel you don't just turn the direction and suddenly there you got a 180 turn.
    Who, What, When, Where?????

If you sell fewer devices in a quarter than you did the previous quarter that is loosing ground. You do that long enough and you run out of ground to surrender. We do have new leadership, and they have "TALKED" about new plans and directions and yes the STOCK has gained ground in the Markets. But BlackBerry has not yet gained any ground in the business where they make most of their profits.

It's too late to customize Android, and stock Android is not secure enough for most of BlackBerry customers and honestly there would be no profit in BlackBerry becoming just another Android OEM. Maybe if they had chosen Android four years ago instead of QNX things would have been different.
    At this point with the sluggish sales and negative growth and a year under their belt, it is apparent the the BlackBerry ecosystem is not going to support the platform. We will have to see what the "real" plans are for the sandboxed Android Runtime and APK installations - but that is the only "direction" this ship can go at this point to avoid disaster.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-04-14 02:09 PM
    Who, What, When, Where?????

If you sell fewer devices in a quarter than you did the previous quarter that is loosing ground. You do that long enough and you run out of ground to surrender. We do have new leadership, and they have "TALKED" about new plans and directions and yes the STOCK has gained ground in the Markets. But BlackBerry has not yet gained any ground in the business where they make most of their profits.

It's too late to customize Android, and stock Android is not secure enough for most of BlackBerry customers and honestly there would be no profit in BlackBerry becoming just another Android OEM. Maybe if they had chosen Android four years ago instead of QNX things would have been different.
    At this point with the sluggish sales and negative growth and a year under their belt, it is apparent the the BlackBerry ecosystem is not going to support the platform. We will have to see what the "real" plans are for the sandboxed Android Runtime and APK installations - but that is the only "direction" this ship can go at this point to avoid disaster.
    lol I knew most people don't even know what it was and how bad it effect Samsung! Ask any S4 owner and he/she will tell you! Almost no media coverage so I guess nothing happened right?! Wrong!!! And it effect sales pretty bad!
    02-04-14 07:27 PM
    Have you seen the Samsung S4 fiasco? Why isn't the media sacrificing Samsung for the disaster S4? I bet you don't even know what is it right... Balckberry's main issue was they were slow to react to the iPhone and from there to going bankrupt without any dept as the media sold to the general public is just amusing to say the least. This shows how biased the media really is or unless you believe media conglomerates don't run their own corporative agendas Blackberry is doing a great job gaining ground but like a vessel you don't just turn the direction and suddenly there you got a 180 turn.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell are you talking about???

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:31 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell are you talking about???

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering this myself.
    02-04-14 08:08 PM
    ok So here we go as mainstream media almost didn't cover this MAJOR issue (I wonder why!) which EVERY Samsung S and Note series owers know and avoided the S4 for good. (imaginewhat if the Blackberry Z30 had 30+ failure rate what would the media had to say?!)

Samsung Galaxy S4 batteries are starting to kick the bucket, failure rate as high as 30%
    http://www.androidbeat.com/2013/10/s...-rate-high-30/

Samsung Galaxy S4 hit by battery flaw
    Samsung Galaxy S4 hit by battery flaw | Expert Reviews

Even Apple news site reported it...
    http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...-disaster.html
    Samsung's extremely poor handling of a battery problem that plagued the Galaxy S4 was being swept under the carpet until the problem was exposed in the press in Korea and by us in North America
    02-04-14 08:31 PM
    Just googled "Samsung S4 fiasco":
    http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galax...-video-1513646

I never heard/read aboout it before... Mi wife has an S4mini and her phone works fine... I am a Blackberry user, fan, addict... My way! BB4ever!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    02-04-14 08:44 PM
    Wow what a thread. To suggest that BlackBerry run the Android OS is akin to Ford putting Chevrolet engines in their new cars. Not gonna happen! If you like your Android or iPhone or Windows phone great, but for me....
    #IChooseBlackBerry10

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    neo158 likes this.
    02-04-14 08:53 PM
    As an American, I can say that in the U.S. LG is doing pretty good and HTC is not doing too bad...but not to great, either. All of the Verizon Droid phones do well, too. The iPhone is tops, though, which has been helped by the iPhone going to low-cost carriers here. I still see a lot of legacy BBOS phones, namely models of the Curve. That makes sense being the Curve line-up is the only BB line sold in the U.S. for $50 or less.

Outside of my own Z10, I have only seen one one other Z10 in "the wild" and have seen zero Q10s or Z30s outside of Verizon stores.
    You need to get out more....lol

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    02-05-14 02:07 AM
    I think there already adopting android slowly, but this will be good for blackberry in the long run. This way they could work on blackberry world while having all the apps. I dont see what people complain about they want the apps, but dont want android that doesn't make any sense.
    I am a big BlackBerry supporter but I have to agree with you on this one. A bit of change sometimes is good. We are not talking about BlackBerry Writing off the company all together it's called playing it smart if you cannot beat them join them go back regroup and come back stronger.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:15 AM
    Being from the USA and coming back to a z30 from my IPhone 5s and back to the BlackBerry world. I can see why the media here bashes the BlackBerry brand.

I have seen NOTHING from BlackBerry to indicate they are going to support the loyal users here in the USA for the long haul? I have been following the T Mobile BlackBerry forums and we still do not have the official 10.2.1 update yet.

Please don't pass the buck and blame the carriers, its just as much BlackBerry's fault for not supporting the BlackBerry 10 products here. That's why T Mobile no longer carries their products in the stores here anymore.

When I talked to the folks about why the BlackBerry 10 products where removed, their answer is to many returns on the z10 and customers complained about the lack of support from both BlackBerry and the carrier.

Without good product support, your dead in the water and this needs to be improved ASAP. I don't care how Apple, Samsung, HTC or anyone else does it. BlackBerry needs to take the lead and be better then the competition at this point in the game.

I have decided to stick with the brand because I love my z30 and the 10.2.1 update. But, I an a dinosaur here now and I feel isolated. I feel my carrier T Mobile has all but abandoned the BlackBerry brand here.

I shouldn't have to change providers to get the support for a product I paid top dollar for when I bought my z10 at the launch day last year and shouldn't have to go to Canada to buy my unlocked z30.

I do expect BlackBerry to also show they are here for the long haul and based on what I have seen here in the USA the last year has me wondering about the future and rightfully so.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    I also agree with this post it truly is BlackBerry's responsibility as much as the carriers but more BlackBerry to support their loyal fan base here in the U.S especially since they need this market. It truly is sad to constantly have to literally beg and rely on the carriers for updates. BlackBerry needs to work on putting updates directly through website or equipment so we here can get proper updates. I still don't know what 10.2 offers never had update much less 10.2.1. We truly are dinosaurs here. Walking around with a fossil phone here with out being able to utilize phones full potential is like having a fossil for a phone. Really ashame because I like the brand. BlackBerry needs to take heed to what customers are asking for. I believe that is and has been part of the down fall for them here in the states. T-Mobile is now no longer dealing with BlackBerry phones here in the states which is amazing considering they are a European company to begin with I am sure T-Mobile in Europe sells BlackBerries but then again they get updates. You can forget about AT&T they wrote BlackBerry off a long time ago so that leaves to main companies Sprint which I don't believe they even sell BB10 devices at all. That leaves BlackBerry with Verizon and from the looks of things they are not doing much for the brand either so it's a matter of time before they lose Verizon too if not so already. I like the brand but there comes a point where necesity trumphs loyalty. If there is a demand for something and the company cannot or refuses supply or comply eventually the demand diminishes. I know many will say why not side load updates. Are iPhone users and Andriod users side loading their updates? I doubt it! So why should we with BlackBerry? I know why not go with another platform? I could but like I said I like the brand and it works as a business phone and personal phone but there are things I would like to be able to utilize from my equipment and if I cannot get updates and use phones full potential then really how beneficial is it? This is geared also to Kevin and Blaze if they read this you need to let upper management know or make them aware of this. I am sure they know this already but drilling it in might not hurt. How ironic is it that many Canadians have abandoned BlackBerry phones all together and gone with other platforms and the company is from Canada and they get their updates in a timely manner. Yet, here in the U.S. the few stragglers BlackBerry has left like Bakron and myself have to practically do a rain dance to ask for the same and still it goes on deaf ears. Sad! So Bakron I know how isolated you feel you are not alone. Just think about it if BlackBerry goes completey under here we can always go back to sending smoke signals. But look at the bright side Bakron if you hold on to your device maybe in a couple of year that fossil of a device will be extinct and we can auction it off for some good cash as an antique. You know like those phones that had a rotary wheel on them. At the very least wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by privateeyes; 02-05-14 at 04:05 AM.
    02-05-14 03:25 AM
    I don't think Americans will be allowed to use BlackBerry EVER. If they are not in government, enterprise or part of the elite then sorry you will not be allowed. The media did a bang up job brainwashing the masses to repeat like a parrot what they were told to repeat. Sorry but it is true. They can't come out and tell the masses they are not allowed since people want what they can't have. Oh well enjoy your "freedom" in the US. LoL life is more interesting then fiction especially when people think what I just said is fiction .

Posted via CB10
    I am American. The media has not done a job on me or influenced me I don't follow the heard. Never been a follower. I will agree with you on the freedom part seems more like a dictatorship.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:15 AM
    That's honestly not really relevant at all. It's all in how the Android app permission descriptions are written. Even if an app has no intention of reading your mail, if it taps that permission it HAS to say it potentially could. Long story short, NO ONE understands the permissions on any platform. They're not fine grain enough and people freak out.

Just like on BlackBerry 10 , the one where it says it can access your personal files. That permission is used on a TON of apps but most of them are to indicate that the app might save images and data to your device/sd card. The whole "app permissions" situation needs be reevaluated on every platform -- no one understands them and these days, everyone just thinks apps are gonna steal your soul.

Prime example of this happened only a few days ago - �Facebook can now read your text messages on Android� - except, not really. App developers have no way to change what you see on your device under permissions section and often those permissions outline the EXTREME possibility of what the permission allows for.

It's like me giving you the keys to my apt. to feed my cat while I'm away but someone warning me that you might rob me.
    Bla1ze you have a cat I would just say that's to much for the forum. Lol joking man.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by privateeyes; 02-05-14 at 08:54 AM.
    02-05-14 04:24 AM
    To suggest that BlackBerry run the Android OS is akin to Ford putting Chevrolet engines in their new cars. Not gonna happen!
    That's pretty much what BlackBerry did with full Android app support in 10.2.1.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-06-14 11:41 AM
    Bla1ze you have a cat I would just say that's to much for the forum. Lol joking man.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze has a Breaded Lizard to watch over his abode.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-06-14 05:22 PM
    No, more like an aftermarket MP3 player attached to the car's radio. You benefit from the music but it is not really part of your car.

Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    02-06-14 06:01 PM
    Truth is in the eye of the beholder.... the American "truth" is that BB is dead.... working down there for some time I think ther are 2 reasons... the first is not where BB is from but the fact BB was number one and blew it.,... in business if you were successful you rarely make it back to that point and the cheerling of you downfall in defeaning... the second is media... the media in the US in permiated in negativity.... the old adge "if it bleeds it leads" mentality is not just about violence ...it is about failure.... In the American Psyche... failure is not tolerated... and second chances are few and far between....
    Just wondering how the American media should report the following:

� 4 out of the last 6 quarters reported loss
    � Last quarterly loss of 4.4 billion
    � Market share falling from 20% to 1.7% in 5 years
    � Stock falling from $150 to $7 in 5 years
    � Announcement of 4,500 person layoff, amounting to 40% of all employees
    � etc.......

How can you blame the media for reporting anything other than the demise of BlackBerry?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-14 08:33 PM
    Yea that's what everyone said about Nokia. Now look where they are. They dominate w8. Android will die if Samsung foes away. That's the only phones people actually buy thst sells in significant numbers. I think blackberry will come back just not soon.
    02-10-14 11:16 AM
    Yea that's what everyone said about Nokia. Now look where they are. They dominate w8. Android will die if Samsung foes away. That's the only phones people actually buy thst sells in significant numbers. I think blackberry will come back just not soon.
    Nokia is dominating because no one else is putting any effort into it, when was the last time Sammy or HTC released a phone? In the end, their smartphone business was a money loser and was only kept afloat due to Microsoft's massive cash infusion every quarter.
    Last edited by Hilman76; 02-10-14 at 11:40 AM.
    02-10-14 11:28 AM
70 123