When I read their article for the 1 year anniversary of 10 OS I couldn't help but believe there's a media campaign trying to discredit Blackberry. There's no other explanation for writing the nonsense that a so called Jasmin Jasper wrote. Absurd how the media is being used to discrete Blackberry! Is it Google? MS? Apple? NSA? I don't know but money is being thrown behind the curtains.

BlackBerry 10 Reaches First Anniversary amid Challenges | Morning News USA

In response this is what I wrote...

Clearly there's an anti-sentiment by the American media towards Blackberry and I'm not sure why. Maybe because 10.2.1 is the most private OS in the market and that upsets NSA? Or maybe because some giant company knows how superior the 10 OS is when it comes to everything a smartphone needs? I've used iPhones and Samsung now I own a Blackberry Z10 which tops the other two in almost everything but processor speed which also doesn't count much as it's just a small difference. Whoever wrote this article is completely alienated in the smartphone segment and it's clear when he/she/it wrote "the last chance for the company could probably be the possibility of BlackBerry switching to Android. Some market observers believe that the company is more likely to do the switch before it becomes totally irrelevant." which any one knows it's a lie by the writer of this article because the 10 OS is simply the reason Blackberry is still alive.
    saxxman, brian4591, zyben and 10 others like this.
    01-31-14 06:45 PM
    Great reply. After seeing the Amazon app store, I'm wondering what the fuss was all about. But it's there for those who want the Droid experience on a superior OS.
    01-31-14 07:20 PM
    They did adopt android... It's called BlackBerry Android Runtime and supported 4.2.2.
    01-31-14 07:22 PM
    Yeah, I'll keep BB10. Nice response!
    01-31-14 07:52 PM
    That's not the only negative article for Jan 31.

Engadget has news snippet on their main page has this:
    Could this licensing deal help keep BlackBerry afloat?
    Morning News USA calling for BlackBerry to adopt Android-bberry.jpg
    But for some reason they felt the need to add this:
    Apparently Blackberrys are in season in Canada. Meanwhile, another fruit is dominating the US market.

Which leads to this story: Big fat zero: BlackBerry U.S. market share hits rock bottom, survey says.
    01-31-14 09:17 PM
    I think there already adopting android slowly, but this will be good for blackberry in the long run. This way they could work on blackberry world while having all the apps. I dont see what people complain about they want the apps, but dont want android that doesn't make any sense.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-01-14 01:56 AM
    When I read their article for the 1 year anniversary of 10 OS I couldn't help but believe there's a media campaign trying to discredit Blackberry. There's no other explanation for writing the nonsense that a so called Jasmin Jasper wrote. Absurd how the media is being used to discrete Blackberry! Is it Google? MS? Apple? NSA? I don't know but money is being thrown behind the curtains.

BlackBerry 10 Reaches First Anniversary amid Challenges | Morning News USA

In response this is what I wrote...

Clearly there's an anti-sentiment by the American media towards Blackberry and I'm not sure why. Maybe because 10.2.1 is the most private OS in the market and that upsets NSA? Or maybe because some giant company knows how superior the 10 OS is when it comes to everything a smartphone needs? I've used iPhones and Samsung now I own a Blackberry Z10 which tops the other two in almost everything but processor speed which also doesn't count much as it's just a small difference. Whoever wrote this article is completely alienated in the smartphone segment and it's clear when he/she/it wrote "the last chance for the company could probably be the possibility of BlackBerry switching to Android. Some market observers believe that the company is more likely to do the switch before it becomes totally irrelevant." which any one knows it's a lie by the writer of this article because the 10 OS is simply the reason Blackberry is still alive.
    So your answer to an article rife with misinformation is to post a response that is rife with misinformation too?

BB10 is not the reason BlackBerry is still alive. How does that even make sense when BB10 phones are selling at an Abysmal rate?

Also, only someone in denial will insist the Z10 is only inferior in processor speed to the latest Android flagship phones as far as specs are concerned . Screen resolution, camera quality, battery size are all specs too.

Not sure why you're so quick to reach for the 'NSA' and 'big corporation conspiracy' card. Any company that is down gets picked on... Nothing sells like bad news. HTC gets a lot of bad press, Microsoft fanboys on Engadget and The verge are riled up on a weekly basis by editorials and proclamations predicting doom and gloom. It's a normal thing.

Turn a blind eye to it. When Chen manages to turn BlackBerry profitable, these articles will stop and they'll move on to someone else.

There are more negative articles written about Nintendo in the past few months. You think the NSA are closet PlayStation fanboys?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    02-01-14 02:42 AM
    Being from the USA and coming back to a z30 from my IPhone 5s and back to the BlackBerry world. I can see why the media here bashes the BlackBerry brand.

I have seen NOTHING from BlackBerry to indicate they are going to support the loyal users here in the USA for the long haul? I have been following the T Mobile BlackBerry forums and we still do not have the official 10.2.1 update yet.

Please don't pass the buck and blame the carriers, its just as much BlackBerry's fault for not supporting the BlackBerry 10 products here. That's why T Mobile no longer carries their products in the stores here anymore.

When I talked to the folks about why the BlackBerry 10 products where removed, their answer is to many returns on the z10 and customers complained about the lack of support from both BlackBerry and the carrier.

Without good product support, your dead in the water and this needs to be improved ASAP. I don't care how Apple, Samsung, HTC or anyone else does it. BlackBerry needs to take the lead and be better then the competition at this point in the game.

I have decided to stick with the brand because I love my z30 and the 10.2.1 update. But, I an a dinosaur here now and I feel isolated. I feel my carrier T Mobile has all but abandoned the BlackBerry brand here.

I shouldn't have to change providers to get the support for a product I paid top dollar for when I bought my z10 at the launch day last year and shouldn't have to go to Canada to buy my unlocked z30.

I do expect BlackBerry to also show they are here for the long haul and based on what I have seen here in the USA the last year has me wondering about the future and rightfully so.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    Last edited by bakron1; 02-01-14 at 05:37 AM.
    02-01-14 03:52 AM
    Texazzpete and bakron1 pretty much articulate my view on this issue.

Blackberry have dug their own grave and it is now up to them to claw their way out or rest in pieces.

I love my bb devices and, though i will not so far as to call my self a dinosaur , i buy what i want and what works for me. I too want to see bb deliver. I believe they can, bur it is going to take a wholesale shift in their attitude and practices to do so. I hope Mr Chen can manage this. Bb10 has failed to set the world aflutter and it is not a conspiracy here - they've not delivered what the masses want.

But then again they have delivered three devices i have wanted, and for which i paid full retail, off contract prices.

If they release a slider i will buy that too.

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-01-14 07:04 AM
    I thought Verizon is the only US carrier to sell the Z30?

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-01-14 07:36 AM
    I think there already adopting android slowly, but this will be good for blackberry in the long run. This way they could work on blackberry world while having all the apps. I dont see what people complain about they want the apps, but dont want android that doesn't make any sense.
    I don't want android. I prefer to pick my permissions. If an app can't run within the parameters I set then I will do without that app. I feel a bit better running an android ported app on my BlackBerry because it's sandboxed - but even then I'm careful of what I download.

Nobody cares about security until it bites them.

Posted via CB10
    blusls, milo53, cdnrower and 1 others like this.
    02-01-14 09:11 AM
    BlackBerry is transforming into a software and service company, adapting Android is not on their roadmap, which I am glad.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    cdnrower and crucial bbq like this.
    02-01-14 09:24 AM
    I work for a crown corporation here in Canada and all be it just maybe around 100 new phones in our sector I was very pleased to see all the management staff were given Q10's they were all pleased with their phones but their are still a few on the iPhone. They were not aware of the latest updates and exactly what advantages are with the 10.2.1. To make a long story short here not only did it really impress the managers it also convinced the iPhone users. Then Viola I pull out the Z30.. not only did that convince management but also my coworkers and in one afternoon 3 of them went straight to Bell soon as we hit land and got Z30's. When we left and went back out to sea we were halfway between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia and their was a couple people standing outside on deck (coworkers) , trying to make a call. One on a S3 and the other on a S4. No reception, I pulled out my phone and called my kids. Their response. You got reception? Wow. Loved my phone and graphically condemned their own. I guess there is no app for that. So I guess I surely understand those waiting on the update and I wish that there was a way everyone could get it the same time with nobody left out..blackberry should really work on that..but at the end of the day they do exactly what they are supposed to do..its a secure work horse that no matter what BS the media like to say makes me proud to say it's a Z30,,and it's mine,,by far the best device I have ever had and believe me I have had several in fact I have this one,a 9790 and a S3 all active now..my S3 is now being used as a music storage to use with my Blue tooth speaker

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:06 AM
    So your answer to an article rife with misinformation is to post a response that is rife with misinformation too?

BB10 is not the reason BlackBerry is still alive. How does that even make sense when BB10 phones are selling at an Abysmal rate?

Also, only someone in denial will insist the Z10 is only inferior in processor speed to the latest Android flagship phones as far as specs are concerned . Screen resolution, camera quality, battery size are all specs too.

Not sure why you're so quick to reach for the 'NSA' and 'big corporation conspiracy' card. Any company that is down gets picked on... Nothing sells like bad news. HTC gets a lot of bad press, Microsoft fanboys on Engadget and The verge are riled up on a weekly basis by editorials and proclamations predicting doom and gloom. It's a normal thing.

Turn a blind eye to it. When Chen manages to turn BlackBerry profitable, these articles will stop and they'll move on to someone else.

There are more negative articles written about Nintendo in the past few months. You think the NSA are closet PlayStation fanboys?

Very well put. I really like my BlackBerry. So until BlackBerry doesn't support my device, I'm not concerned with the negative press.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 10:22 AM
    Morning news? Is that the Dallas paper?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:26 AM
    I don't want android. I prefer to pick my permissions. If an app can't run within the parameters I set then I will do without that app. I feel a bit better running an android ported app on my BlackBerry because it's sandboxed - but even then I'm careful of what I download.

Nobody cares about security until it bites them.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Thank you!! You don't want to have just anyone all up in your medicine cabinet, wallet, purse, bank accounts, etc. So why would you want any app to have blanket access to the information on your phones. Not to mention the fact that you can encrypt your BlackBerry 10 device.

Letting apps run rampant on your phone, is like letting a virus run free on your computer. It can do whatever it wants. It simply should not have that kind of access without the owners permission. Period.

You don't buy computer software that has too much access to the wrong information, or resources.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and cdnrower like this.
    02-01-14 10:30 AM
    if you want android you buy an android phone. If blackberry switches to android they get in line with the umpteen other companies trying to push android and getting nowhere the only company currently getting anywhere with android is samsung the rest are all hanging on for dear life. Blackberry is fine the way it is. They can still keep the blackberry OS and have some android apps as well. its the best of both worlds. Adopting android also makes the phone less secure. Did you hear about the android try at security. Samsung Knox. its like a leaky ship. To many holes to put your fingers in. Besides i dont need a bunch of stupid android games i like the productivity apps from blackberry and a few of the social apps from android the rest is a bunch of garbage anyway. Keep going Blackberry and just hammer all markets outside the US because they seem determined to kill the company off in the US anyway.
    jpvj likes this.
    02-01-14 10:36 AM
    I don't think Americans will be allowed to use BlackBerry EVER. If they are not in government, enterprise or part of the elite then sorry you will not be allowed. The media did a bang up job brainwashing the masses to repeat like a parrot what they were told to repeat. Sorry but it is true. They can't come out and tell the masses they are not allowed since people want what they can't have. Oh well enjoy your "freedom" in the US. LoL life is more interesting then fiction especially when people think what I just said is fiction .

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:48 AM
    I don't think Americans will be allowed to use BlackBerry EVER. If they are not in government, enterprise or part of the elite then sorry you will not be allowed. The media did a bang up job brainwashing the masses to repeat like a parrot what they were told to repeat. Sorry but it is true. They can't come out and tell the masses they are not allowed since people want what they can't have. Oh well enjoy your "freedom" in the US. LoL life is more interesting then fiction especially when people think what I just said is fiction .
    So I guess no country is free since Blackberry's sell horribly world-wide.

Either that or you're extremely delusional in your thinking. Yes, let's blame it on a conspiracy even though it's painfully obvious that Blackberry sat and did nothing while the competition surpassed them and to this day they still can't catch up. Of course it's easier to blame something else than poor business decisions and non-competitive technology.
    02-01-14 12:39 PM
    Great reply. After seeing the Amazon app store, I'm wondering what the fuss was all about. But it's there for those who want the Droid experience on a superior OS.
    Only thing I loaded was an updated version of Netflix (which I rarely use) and a couple of games I could live without.

That said I know people who do nothing but download dumb apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me, but I think BlackBerry themselves had something to do with the lost market share here in the USA and not some media or NSA conspiracy BS??

The media didn't fail to deliver their products on time and fail to support the ones they currently had i.e. PlayBook is just one example.

I remember waiting forever to get something new from BlackBerry and it never came? Allot of folks here feel the same way and I am willing to give the company another chance, but I am an exception to the rule here.

If your not familiar with the word complacency you might want to look it and it clearly defines why BlackBerry is in their current situation.

I came back to BlackBerry and I am in for the long haul. As I said in my earlier post, I sure wish the folks up there in Waterloo would show the same loyalty to us BlackBerry users here in the USA.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    milo53, bbq10l, Revampd and 3 others like this.
    02-01-14 01:18 PM
    Yep that is so correct, everytime I thought of replacing my curve with an os10 handset I looked at my playback and thought f*** that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Revampd, JeepBB, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    02-01-14 01:28 PM

Microsoft is doing bad? Hmm... Did realize that. The last thing that I saw were that revenue and profits were record highs and beat Wall Street and almost every product is growing (some, like Azure, more than doubled). Thank you for going against what everyone on the planet has been showing with these silly "facts" and explain the truth

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk
    02-01-14 02:14 PM
    OP, thanks for your nice thread. Some of us share your sentiment. It is also understandable that opinions on this subject matter will vary.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:21 PM
    Truth is in the eye of the beholder.... the American "truth" is that BB is dead.... working down there for some time I think ther are 2 reasons... the first is not where BB is from but the fact BB was number one and blew it.,... in business if you were successful you rarely make it back to that point and the cheerling of you downfall in defeaning... the second is media... the media in the US in permiated in negativity.... the old adge "if it bleeds it leads" mentality is not just about violence ...it is about failure.... In the American Psyche... failure is not tolerated... and second chances are few and far between....
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 02-01-14 at 02:36 PM.
    02-01-14 02:23 PM
70 123