Article from PC World

Survey: Over 97 Percent of Enterprise Tablet Users Got an IPad in Q1 | PCWorld

tl;dr

Title: Survey: Over 97 Percent of Enterprise Tablet Users Got an IPad in Q1

Statement within article: Devices from Research In Motion were not part of the survey.
    04-26-12 01:50 PM
    It was a survey by Good. I dont think they manage RIM products and therefore were not part of the survey. Makes sense to me. The title could be better though i agree
    Laura Knotek and brucep1 like this.
    04-26-12 02:00 PM
    It was a survey by Good. I dont think they manage RIM products and therefore were not part of the survey. Makes sense to me. The title could be better though i agree
    Did not know that. Always thought Good was like Mobile Fusion and works with all platforms.
    04-26-12 02:03 PM
    You are correct. I just visited Good's site.

They support Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Symbian, Palm. They do not support BlackBerry.
    04-26-12 02:05 PM
    Good works with other platforms but BB as far as I know is not covered. I guess the article could explain why RIM products arent part of the survey but most times no one will do that. It detracts from the article
    04-26-12 02:06 PM
    All this negativity annoys me, especially the articles that mention security weaknesses in iOS and Android but makes no mention of BlackBerry OS.
    04-26-12 02:13 PM
    All this negativity annoys me, especially the articles that mention security weaknesses in iOS and Android but makes no mention of BlackBerry OS.
    Unfortunately, security is generally only valued highly in enterprises.

The average consumer does not care much about security. If consumers really did care, there would be far fewer issues involving malware on home computers. If consumers do not care about security on their computers, they will not care about security on their smartphones.
    04-26-12 02:18 PM
    Security is good news for me, I wouldn't want to use a vulnerable system or OS, but I also use common sense on which applications or software I install, same for websites I'm visiting. Negative articles, damn, fire the publisher, or shove a bold 9900 in their hands, including a playbook.
    04-26-12 05:28 PM
    There is no reason to get slighted over this article. What is Good's major feature? A encrypted mobile app that connects securely to a companies mail server. Does a BB phone need this? No. Does the Playbook need this? No.

This is sort of an answer to BYOD and to have some sort of semblance of BB security.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 04-26-12 at 06:11 PM.
    z1nsane likes this.
    04-26-12 06:07 PM
    Because 95% probably paid by companies, wait until companies reliaze that Apple is eating them away..
    04-27-12 12:34 AM
    Because 95% probably paid by companies, wait until companies reliaze that Apple is eating them away..
    I sure read the word "wait" here often.
    04-27-12 01:00 AM
    Of the 6 iPads that we have added, exactly 100% of the people did exactly 0% comparison shopping with any other tablet. +1 for Apple Marketing...
    04-27-12 01:17 AM
    I think that the original link/article was updated after it was first published. Now, early on, the original article clearly states that Blackberry devices were not included in the survey.

This significantly lessens any negative bias towards RIM.
    04-27-12 02:15 AM
    Good is one of many MDM platforms and the primary reason one would purchase Good is to manage other mobile devices, considering the primary device corporations are looking to support (iOS) this is not really big news. Good is really a iOS / Android solution not as Nokia, Windows Mobile / Phone and Palm have zero traction in the US.

We use Good and 80% of the users on it are from our BYOD program. We are considering iOS being provided as a corporate option but it has challenges outside of security / management. Whats funny is we will likely lock down iOS similar to Blackberry so I anticipate a huge interest in wanting an iPad as they won't be able to install whatever they want, the browser will also filter through our proxy for supervision. Users want an iPad and do not have a strong business use case? BYOD it.

RIM just released BDS with Fusion so there will likely be some news on corporate adoption later this year. But mark my words, visit the Good support form (be.good.com) many users don't like the App, the cost is increasing at an alarming rate compared to Fusion as well other MDM solutions so Good could see a huge exit from companies as other options come along.
    04-27-12 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD