This is BlackBerry, what's with all the touchscreen phones? When will they release more phones like the Q10? That is what the people want!

It ain't EZ being BB
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-10-13 10:38 AM
    So far, there are two keyboard phones, one touch screen and one rumoured touchscreen

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-10-13 10:40 AM
    This is BlackBerry, what's with all the touchscreen phones? When will they release more phones like the Q10? That is what the people want!

It ain't EZ being BB
    Actually, people prefer all the all touch experience these days. I know I still prefer my physical keyboard, but if your going to appeal to the iOS, Android, and WP masses, you need full touch
    kbz1960 and Jerale Hoard like this.
    09-10-13 10:41 AM
    I respectfully disagree, BlackBerry needs to focus on their core market. The Q10 is a great phone, my gf loves it but I think people want more variety. The Z10 is also a great phone but it's too hard to compete with all the other touchscreens out there.

BlackBerry has the patents and nobody can touch them when it comes to keyboard devices. That's what they need to focus on. Hell even a keyboard tablet would sell if done properly.

It ain't EZ being BB
    09-10-13 10:55 AM
    I think there needs to be a keyboard add-on for the touch phones. The iPhone has a choice of cases with slide out blue tooth keyboards. I would love to buy such a product for my z10. I know it's not a perfect solution, but it's sort of a diy bb10 slider.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:31 AM
    I respectfully disagree, BlackBerry needs to focus on their core market. The Q10 is a great phone, my gf loves it but I think people want more variety. The Z10 is also a great phone but it's too hard to compete with all the other touchscreens out there.

BlackBerry has the patents and nobody can touch them when it comes to keyboard devices. That's what they need to focus on. Hell even a keyboard tablet would sell if done properly.

It ain't EZ being BB
    I would say that fragmenting the device lineup to have more than 2 QWERTY keyboard devices would be a mistake.The 4 devices we know of at this time are enough! Just update them periodically to stay close enough in the hardware/feature race.
    09-10-13 12:19 PM
    Why not just simply release the Q10 in different colors? Small things matter.

It ain't EZ being BB
    09-10-13 01:11 PM
    We've got a BlackBerry teir 2 employee on another thread and he said that the next two devices would be a low cost full touch screen model followed by a flagship 1080 quad core phone. I'm guessing the new flagship won't have a qwerty keyboard so how much longer will we have to wait for a new keyboard model from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:27 AM
    We've got a BlackBerry teir 2 employee on another thread and he said that the next two devices would be a low cost full touch screen model followed by a flagship 1080 quad core phone. I'm guessing the new flagship won't have a qwerty keyboard so how much longer will we have to wait for a new keyboard model from BlackBerry?
    We have already seen leaks of both the low cost qwerty and full touch devices so those ones are going to be next, then that high-end touch, so logically the next one after that would be a new high-end qwerty (maybe even a slider), but the reality is that a qwerty model is more of a workhorse device so less need for updated models to come out as quickly, perhaps all-touch will aim for 9-12 months for refreshes with high-end qwerty being more like 12-15 months instead?
    09-11-13 05:55 AM
    We have already seen leaks of both the low cost qwerty and full touch devices so those ones are going to be next, then that high-end touch, so logically the next one after that would be a new high-end qwerty (maybe even a slider), but the reality is that a qwerty model is more of a workhorse device so less need for updated models to come out as quickly, perhaps all-touch will aim for 9-12 months for refreshes with high-end qwerty being more like 12-15 months instead?
    I do hope that's not the case. I like my Q10 but I really want a slider.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 06:41 AM
    Have you compared sales of touch vs kb?
    09-11-13 06:54 AM
    I definitely understand that BlackBerry could not afford to ignore the full-touch/slab market as they had been ridiculed beyond measures to release something in the form factor. Still, this doesn't mean they couldn't make something for the keyboard loyalist as well. I agree with the OP in that, they need more keyboard devices.

My personal opinion is, the Q10 was a great start, the Q5 was kinda a misstep and they definitely needed to release a device with a larger screen and a physical keyboard (that isn't a slider). I am doubtful we'll see a device like that ever, given the current position of the company. Z30 will definitely be the last device for a little while...
    09-11-13 07:53 PM
    I just feel like they should have a slider, a big big QWERTY phone and possibly a 7" tablet form with a QWERTY.

I also think they should have more software on PC so that you can dock your BlackBerry and have everything blown up and integrated.

Aaaannnd, what about a small iPod competitor?

Other colours!?!?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-12-13 01:40 AM
    I just feel like they should have a slider, a big big QWERTY phone and possibly a 7" tablet form with a QWERTY.

I also think they should have more software on PC so that you can dock your BlackBerry and have everything blown up and integrated.

Aaaannnd, what about a small iPod competitor?

Other colours!?!?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    It would be nice for them to fill out their product line but remember that BB10 has only been out for 6 months so it will take time to develop all those devices and get them to market. I would love to see a new tablet but their isn't demand in the overall market to give reason to make a tablet at this point unless they give us something new and unique. I seem to remember a while back BlackBerry had a patient for a device with a built in folding keyboard.

As for the dock idea that's what I think of when I think of wireless computing: one device to rule them all. It's your alarm in the morning, how you lulock and start your car, how you listen to music on your way to work, use it to pay for your coffee at the coffee shop, your access code to get into work, put it in a dock at work and it's connected to a large screen(s) and all of your work is done on the device so if you have a meeting you just grab the phone and you have all of your work with you. Read a book or watch a video on lunch break, use it to give a presentation at the end of the day, more get stock updates and weather report on the way home, get home and another dock where you can use a laptop to finish your work and then stream movies wirelessly to your TV while update your facebook status and upload photos to Instragram, and set your alarm to wake up the next morning. This is what I think of when they say mobile computing, and this is the future that I want to see BlackBerry make real.

I feel so much better after that little rant.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:50 AM
    And as for the ipod look alike, making a device is no good if you have no ecosystem to back it up. That's why Microsoft got burned on the Zoon.

Other colors would be nice but it's just more inventory to keep track of and stocked.
    What I would like to see though is expanded internal memory and maybe a max 128 micro SD card slot. Not going to happend out would be nice.
    Posted via CB1o
    09-12-13 03:51 AM
    Well, if BlackBerry had 128gb of internal storage, with the option of expanding it a further 64gb, then I *think* that people would purchase it on that feature alone!!

Right?

Bbnivende likes this.
    09-12-13 10:18 AM
    Well, if BlackBerry had 128gb of internal storage, with the option of expanding it a further 64gb, then I *think* that people would purchase it on that feature alone!!

Right?

That could be BlackBerry gimic king of internal and local storage.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:42 AM
    That could be BlackBerry gimic king of internal and local storage.

Posted via CB10
    At least it would make them king of something else as well.

Already king of keyboards physical and virtual, king of security, king of communication.

King of storage comes right up there in the enterprise and also for media whores!!

09-13-13 09:50 AM
    And as for the ipod look alike, making a device is no good if you have no ecosystem to back it up. That's why Microsoft got burned on the Zoon.

Other colors would be nice but it's just more inventory to keep track of and stocked.
    What I would like to see though is expanded internal memory and maybe a max 128 micro SD card slot. Not going to happend out would be nice.
    Posted via CB1o
    Don't you mean Zune? :/

Posted via CB10
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    09-15-13 08:54 AM
    I would say that fragmenting the device lineup to have more than 2 QWERTY keyboard devices would be a mistake.The 4 devices we know of at this time are enough! Just update them periodically to stay close enough in the hardware/feature race.
    Interesting you said that as Blackberrry just stated that going forward they will only being releasing 4 devices; 2 touch and 2 keyboard.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 09-20-13 at 08:28 PM.
    09-20-13 05:16 PM
    Touchscreen is what people want. People see the Q10 and most would say things like "BlackBerry is outdated". Only a few people would want a physical keypad. Others just like tapping glass. Me, I'm one who prefers a different approach such as touch. I've always been a diehard BlackBerry fan and I'm still carrying my Z10. My next BlackBerry will be the Z30 and I'm guessing I'll be buying the iPhone 5S sometime.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:34 AM