Details

This article outlines the main changes to BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5.
    Attachment downloading in the native file format
    BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can save, edit, upload, and transfer attachments in their native file formats. For a list of supported native file format attachments, see KB15253. BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5 subscribers can edit native file format attachments using embedded or third-party applications. This feature requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.
    HTML email message viewing
    Subscribers can view HTML email messages on their BlackBerry smartphones, including the following file types:
    • Graphics and photos, including the following:
      • Embedded images and tables
      • External images
      • Active hyperlinks
    • Paragraph formatting, including the following:
      • Numbering
      • Bulleted lists
      • Justification
      • Indentation
    • Font formatting, including the following:
      • Font type
      • Color
      • Size
      • Effects (italics, bold)
    This feature requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.5. For instructions on configuring HTML email message viewing and automatic downloading of embedded images and tables, see KB15254.
    Note: For security reasons, externally linked images must be manually retrieved using the menu key.
    Important: HTML content cannot be created when forwarding, replying to, or composing a new email message.
    Support for Windows Live� Hotmail� integration
    Integrating a Windows Live Hotmail email account results in the following:
    • Real-time delivery of email messages replaces the standard 15 minute polling interval
    • No restrictions; all Windows Live Hotmail accounts can be integrated
    Note: Some wireless service providers do not support integration with Windows Live Hotmail. Contact your wireless service provider for information on availability.
    Windows Live Hotmail email accounts integrated using BlackBerry Internet Service 2.4 or earlier must be deleted and then re-integrated to turn on the enhanced features. For instructions on removing and integrating email accounts to a BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB04258 and KB03087, respectively
    Integrated Windows Live Hotmail email accounts must be revalidated every 90 days to continue receiving email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone. Revalidation is required by Windows Live Hotmail for security purposes. Prior to the end of the 90-day window, a message is sent to the BlackBerry smartphone advising you to revalidate.

SOURCE
    06-06-08 06:01 PM
    Did I read and understand this correctly that once the BIS is upgraded (tonight and next weekend) I will be able to view html emails...er I mean after I update to 4.5 OS?
    06-07-08 07:01 AM
    Yay... Good job RIM. Hurry up. I will only have BES soon when the iPhone comes out, lol.!
    06-07-08 12:10 PM
    I'm curious how this works since I haven't been thru a BIS server upgrade before. I thought the carriers needed to install the upgrade which kind of begs the question "how do you know if/when they do?".
    06-07-08 12:39 PM
    You need the 4.5 to be able to view it that way. They are doing it overseas because a carrier released 4.5.18
    06-07-08 01:41 PM
    Important: HTML content cannot be created when forwarding, replying to, or composing a new email message.
    Super ghey RIM!!!! Losers, why can't you get some serious HTML support. Who wants to bet they probably copied some code from the other retail HTML readers on the market from the past year? Very lame RIM, very lame. It's 2008 for God's sake.

Welcome to the RIM revolution... the 2-way text pager revolution.
    06-07-08 02:53 PM
    When do you think AT&T will distribute OS 4.5 and update to BIS 2.5? I already am running 4.5.0.18 but I would like HTML e-mail without spending money.
    06-10-08 12:44 PM
    On the Blackberry site there is this:

Note: BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5 is available through Asia Pacific service providers.
    Does this mean this BIS update is just for Asia Pacific, or does this update cover the rest of the world?

-Dave
    06-14-08 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD